What's new

Blazblue Cross Tag Battle

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Is that so about Vatista? I already know about what's going on with Yang, however, I don't know about Makoto's infinite. Does it have to do with her orb?
I have no idea, but i played somebody online who hit kept me in this fucked up vortex of hits over and over and over and over and OVER with just HER and NO ASSIST! I thought the shit was broken but nope....all Makoto...If the game registers like you say an opponent falling out of a combo after 10-15 NORMAL hits, then whoever that muthafucka was did some cheating. But lets just say Uncle JBeezY did NOT give that person a rematch.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Yeah but is it viable? Been trying combos myself and the hitstun causes the enemy to drop after a certain amount of hits. I dont know if patches added that to Carmine, it makes sense. Ive seen crazy solo combos but it doesnt even seem realistic or outdated. So if you can show me some hard hitting combos YOU came up with, id be convinced :)
No combo is unique, so anything I find someone else has/will find eventually. The combos Ive already posted were "mine" in that I found them tinkering around, but hundreds of other people have found the same stuff I already have, and its probably in half a dozen combo videos already - or at least something similar. Nothing new under the sun. Combo routes that are at least close to optimal are finite. Still, the vids I posted are my own findings and recorded by me.

And Ive shown you the combo(s) more or less already. The ones I linked previously. EXTREMELY easy and 100% practical. All you do to scale the damage higher, pushing in to the middle 8k range, is after the

A 2C B-214.A (hold 6) AB-236.A

You repeat B-236.A twice more, so it's 3 cycles, then do whatever jump sequence you want. The combo gets kinda douchey towards the end, so here its usually best to do something like jAA jABB, otherwise it'll drop. The whole combo looks something like:

A 2C, B-214.A, A(B-236.A)x3 j.AA j.AAB.

You can start with A, AA or AAA. Or 2A. or just the 2C. Or a jump in. But jumpins and lows scale the hell out of the damage, and there are likely *way* better options out there for those buttons.

Also remember to hold 6 before any normals. Doing this in combos makes your character push forward some, making a lot of links DRASTICALLY easier and more stable.

So, why is this practical? Because the whole thing does a shit ton of damage to you... It means that if we are down to one character each - an ultra common occurrence - and I touch you, there's an extremely high chance the round just ended. Being able to turn any hit from your main buttons into 65-75% of someone's lifebar, regardless of resources is a VERY powerful thing. Carmine doesnt kill himself either, so if you have a tiny bit of health, it doesnt matter. So, its a combo that's not hard to do, especially if you stick to two reps of the B236a loop, that does a huge chunk of damage, thats mindlessly easy to confirm, works off some of our main buttons, starts the same way one of our BnBs starts, and if you really want you can forgo the jump sequence and end with AAAA for self heal - our self heal scales with how much health we are missing, so it will heal a decent chunk. Dunno how to get more practical than that. Ive won quite a few rounds I was otherwise losing - badly - because I landed a hit into over half their health, with me sitting on 10% or less.

You dont have to be the only character left to make use of this either, there are a lot of situations where it becomes attractive. Since Carmine cant kill himself, if you are sitting at very very low health, where more or less any touch will kill, then this combo becomes almost 'free'. Anything he does becomes free really.

If you arent doing big damage with Carmine when the opportunity permits - you're playing him wrong. Obviously you cant always go full-nutjob on every hit for a lot of reasons, but you've got to convert big when you can.. otherwise why play Carmine? And I will say again - this combo and its BnB versions (the original ones I posted) are EXTREMELY easy, online or off. I have weak execution and I land this without any real issue.

EntropicByDesign

Yeah it was for u :)

And i dunno man....Vatista is up there with her plasma ball, 236B. Makoto and Yang is a crazy team. Makoto got some weird ass broken ass infinite thats annoying as all hell! Kinda like how Noel is.

Carmine and Vatista is what im sticking with right now. They just compliment each other so damn well and control neutral like crazy! Thats what wins, not crazy combos, but neutral. This game....just feels so damn right to me, even dealing with annoying Ruby/Gorgeau teams lol
Yes and no.

Like any game, neutral control wins, it gives you the hit, but what happens when you play someone with a neutral that's equal to yours but they've ALSO learned their BnBs, their oki, tech and setups? I'm not advocating NOT learning neutral, I'm saying that it doesn't end there, neutral control opens up the rest of the game.

BBtag is a game where anyone can do 30% or more of your health off almost any touch on the low end, with that scaling into 50% and more, right from round start with assists, (provided no burst on deck ofc) and the neutral is very scramble-oriented. There are a million and one ways to set up crossups, 50/50 style situations, enormous chip.. all manner of stuff, and if all you have is neutral - you arent going very far.. you can occasionally body other players that dont know what they're doing, or just want to hit buttons and "play neutral", but any player who's even remotely decent will beat you easily.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I have no idea, but i played somebody online who hit kept me in this fucked up vortex of hits over and over and over and over and OVER with just HER and NO ASSIST! I thought the shit was broken but nope....all Makoto...If the game registers like you say an opponent falling out of a combo after 10-15 NORMAL hits, then whoever that muthafucka was did some cheating. But lets just say Uncle JBeezY did NOT give that person a rematch.
Do you happen to have this match recorded? Sounds like that he found an infinite with the orb or something else.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Do you happen to have this match recorded? Sounds like that he found an infinite with the orb or something else.
Actually......maybe i have....because i kinda record....EVERYTHING lol. But it wont be until much later, possibly tomorrow. I will be with family today right after work. But i shall look for it

Tanno

Actually......maybe i have....because i kinda record....EVERYTHING lol. But it wont be until much later, possibly tomorrow. I will be with family today right after work. But i shall look for it
Please, do so. I need to learn this infinite, since I'm a Makoto main in this game.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Please, do so. I need to learn this infinite, since I'm a Makoto main in this game.
Ill try. The scary thing is it was mid screen! And the damage was like.....i think about 7000 and ended in a super. I was literally waiting for about over 10 seconds for the combo to end cuz i couldnt get out of it. It was like.....rape

Tanno

Ill try. The scary thing is it was mid screen! And the damage was like.....i think about 7000 and ended in a super. I was literally waiting for about over 10 seconds for the combo to end cuz i couldnt get out of it. It was like.....rape
I think I know what do you mean. You mean her triple punch super. You can do only two punches, and then time down the next triple punch super the moment he falls. And I think I know what's going on. After the triple punch super, did he bring out the orb to land onto it? The orb is the meaty.

If you want to get out of the combo, just mash D+P. This will do the force tag-out to save your char.

Last edited:

EntropicByDesign

Yeah that just sounds like one of her BnBs into a meaty orb. If you come down on it, or wakeup under it, you gotta block her pressure/mix or risk the dp. Additionally you can try to pushblock her, but I don't know how that will work with the orb out
. OR, look into your tech options and see if you can just tech away from the thing when you recover. Understanding how/when/why to tech is overlooked. It single-handedly beats SO MANY SETUPS.

If @Tanno can find me the combo into orb setup, or you find the footage, I'll lab it out and see what you can do other than DP cause that's easy to bait and tear to pieces.

Carmine has some shenanigans like this with his buzzsaw.

EntropicByDesign

I'll make a small video for some sample combos regarding the orb I have found so far. Gimme some time.

No rush. I've found some stuff just now poking around. It sounds like it's her 8k midscreen loop, if he was doing 7kish he just wasn't doing all the reps I guess. As to the Oki/loop/infinite thing, I can't find any way to end that in orb Oki yet.

When you said infinite, did you just mean the part of the combo that looped? Cause if it ended with a super.. then it ended. Was there an orb setup after the super? 7k is nice, but it's nothing exceptional for 2 bars.

*Cough* a strong combo game is important *cough*

Also why does no one ever do the high damage OH? I'm starting to think they don't even know they can increase the damage.

Last edited:

Tanno

The first sample shows that the orb can absorb any incoming projectile (not those with multihit). Tested it against everyone. It works against 2/3 of the cast. The rest, like Vatista, punish it as long as they have fucking long range weapons that could hit Makoto.

The second protects you from the rushdown characters, and you see me punishing Ragna. Once they respect it, they'll try to find their own punishing move against the orb.

The third shows you a sample combo ending with the orb between Makoto and Ragna at a safe distance where Ragna could DP you. This is the safe distance you need to protect yourself from this. The orb can protect you from any wakeup attack. If you juggle or KD anyone with stun move, you can meaty it.

This is a plus for all these. The minus is that it has 3 barriers.

edit: With Makoto and Yang, I did a cross combo doing 12k+ damage. Here it is.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Sorry if I'm coming in late with this, but people wanna bitch about Tag being 2/3 at EVO. It's not Mr. Wiz's fault Smash takes up more time than it takes to carry a child to term. And holy crap, this is a lot of people https://twitter.com/MrWiz/status/1019320317301256194
!!!!!!! FUUUUUUUCK !!!!!!!! Thats insane cuz i JUST registered for this! Damnit.....i got aloooooot of practicing to do!

I think I know what do you mean. You mean her triple punch super. You can do only two punches, and then time down the next triple punch super the moment he falls. And I think I know what's going on. After the triple punch super, did he bring out the orb to land onto it? The orb is the meaty.

If you want to get out of the combo, just mash D+P. This will do the force tag-out to save your char.
I think that might be it. I'm not familiar with the character at all. All i know is, it was a whole lotta fuckery i had to wait before i can even fight back. But i will find it as soon as i can.

Tanno

!!!!!!! FUUUUUUUCK !!!!!!!! Thats insane cuz i JUST registered for this! Damnit.....i got aloooooot of practicing to do!
Well, good luck. lol

I think that might be it. I'm not familiar with the character at all. All i know is, it was a whole lotta fuckery i had to wait before i can even fight back. But i will find it as soon as i can.
I'm looking forward for it.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian

If it makes you feel better, I can't imagine even 60% of them will be THAT competitive. It's the OG anime dudes you gotta look out for, and there ain't too many of them

Tanno

If it makes you feel better, I can't imagine even 60% of them will be THAT competitive. It's the OG anime dudes you gotta look out for, and there ain't too many of them
In BBTAG, you gotta look out for some good opponents. 80% are bound to be fucking scrubs. 20% are like us.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
True. But im treating everybody as the same threat. Im LOVING my Vatista & Carmine duo right now and only faced about 4 teams with that combination and beat dat ass! So not to toot my own horn, but BEEP BEEP MUTAHFUCKA! Already at Master V rank in such a short time. Guess im doing something right :)

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
In BBTAG, you gotta look out for some good opponents. 80% are bound to be fucking scrubs. 20% are like us.
Been doing my research. Seen names like Flux, SKE (I think) and even Japanese players have been getting down in this game too so its gonna be a pretty awesome tournament, thats for sure.

Tanno

Been doing my research. Seen names like Flux, SKE (I think) and even Japanese players have been getting down in this game too so its gonna be a pretty awesome tournament, thats for sure.
Found the video? Did you upload it? Still waiting here...

Carl-L

Sub-Zero hater.
How are the Persona characters in BBTag?
It's the only series out of the bunch that I know, so I'm probably going to look at those characters first. I see a lot of Yu everywhere, but not much of any of the others.

Tanno

It's the only series out of the bunch that I know, so I'm probably going to look at those characters first. I see a lot of Yu everywhere, but not much of any of the others.
As far as I know, everyone uses all of them, except of Yukiko (obviously) and Kanji (dunno why).

Used to play Chie as sub before switching to Yang. Not a sword guy here, regarding the FGs.

EntropicByDesign

Just to second Tanno, the Persona characters are strong and almost all are played. Yukiko is considered the worst character in the game atm, but otherwise they are all quite good. Yu is thought to be one of the best, that's why you see so much of him.

You can't go wrong with any of them though, except Yukiko. You can go wrong with Yukiko lol.

Kanji wasn't played a lot originally, but I'm seeing more and more of him. He seems to be more popular in japanese online play (I watch footage) than I see here.