What's new

Blazblue Cross Tag Battle

Apparently Carmine's 2A is his fastest attack, but i cannot tell by looking at this or its incorrect. If thats the case, maybe I'm having a hard time understanding the data, but can anybody decipher this for me? I appreciate any feedback :)

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=BBTag/Carmine/Frame_Data
Yeah i hopped in the lab for a min and it appears to be correct. Dustloop is well known for having the best info for all anime games and has for years.

As for understanding the data, Frame data is pretty much the same across all games. You look at startup for how fast something comes out and recovery for what can punish it. Active just lets you know how long its out usually. Frame Adv is to know if your + or - on block and by how much so you can create blockstrings,etc.

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Oh ive learned to mix those up :) I looked into what you said, did some research, and had NO IDEA you can pull off multiple balls on the screen! Thats some type of fuckery I like ;)

I learned to NOT feel bad abusing my character's strengths. So if that frustrates my opponent, good. Thats the game plan and it mostly works ;)

However, I need to find a balance of auto pilot spamming to actually reading my opponent's next move. Because her lazers are still negative which can cause my opponent to jump in on me. I'm taking notes as i go but getting happier of my results and the conhesiveness of my team.
Fuck yeah man. Always good to see people leveling up.

Yeah abusing your strengths is super important. I feel like it's one of the most important early lessons to learn for short-set and online play actually. If you watch a lot of genuinely good players, they tend to go ham and eggs early, and throw those strengths in the face of the opponent (unless they know the opponent from previous sets then it depends) and see how they deal with them. If they can't deal, or don't deal well, they just cheese right through and on to the text opponent. The difference in a good player and so many others though (myself included) is they don't A) Feel bad about it, and B) understand when to stop. A good player knows how to abuse their character, HEAVILY, but they also know when to switch it up if the opponent can handle it. They don't get stuck in the 'make it work' mentality, or consider being made to change approach some kind of mini-defeat. They will abuse you until you prove you can stop them. I think there's an important lesson in this.

Fundies win rounds, but one of the most fundamental fundamentals is knowing how to test and read your opponent. Abuse the SHIT out of your character until they prove they can stop you, just don't get stuck in that mindset/playstyle where abuse is all you have, adaptation is another core fundamental. A lot of people forget that fundies are far more than spacing and AAs.

EntropicByDesign

(sorry to make this it's own post when I just posted, but previous post was long and this might get lost at the bottom)

@Err'body in the BBTag thread.. what character would YOU like to see a guide created for? This would be a relatively comprehensive guide (I have a thread going elsewhere, where I'm working on the content and structure), and I want to find a character that doesn't already have a lot of coverage. Ive decided to start with BBTag, since DBFz has a patch coming in approx 3 weeks, I can't risk my work being outdated as soon as it's released.

I'd like to know who you all would like to see covered. I can't promise what character I will choose, but the more feedback I receive to guide my choice, the better.

I have Azrael on my list atm. If you all know of a *good* guide for him out there already pls let me know, so I can remove him from the list.

AZ MotherBrain

(sorry to make this it's own post when I just posted, but previous post was long and this might get lost at the bottom)

@Err'body in the BBTag thread.. what character would YOU like to see a guide created for? This would be a relatively comprehensive guide (I have a thread going elsewhere, where I'm working on the content and structure), and I want to find a character that doesn't already have a lot of coverage. Ive decided to start with BBTag, since DBFz has a patch coming in approx 3 weeks, I can't risk my work being outdated as soon as it's released.

I'd like to know who you all would like to see covered. I can't promise what character I will choose, but the more feedback I receive to guide my choice, the better.

I have Azrael on my list atm. If you all know of a *good* guide for him out there already pls let me know, so I can remove him from the list.
Big dick Tager

EntropicByDesign

Big dick Tager

Very good choice. Do you have any Tager players you'd recommend me watching? Whoever I decide on will require quite a lot of research, and a lot of it will be analyzing high level play for the character.

Diamonds by association dont count,
Im not saying we've got it all figured out.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous

Since ur a fellow Carmine main, I'd say start with him :)

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Im very suprised but one bar connections are very much playable in this game online lol While in dbfz anything below 3 bars was nightmare .
VERY THAT! 0 I still cant deal....but at least 1 bar is still almost flawless. Then again....sometimes even 2 bars be getting wompy at times. I think it still depends on the individual you're facing at that time. But regardless, we can ALL agree that this online is WAAAAAAAAAY better than DBFZ!

AZ MotherBrain

Very good choice. Do you have any Tager players you'd recommend me watching? Whoever I decide on will require quite a lot of research, and a lot of it will be analyzing high level play for the character.

Diamonds by association dont count,
Im not saying we've got it all figured out.
Abegen is my favorite player to watch in alot of games. He plays yang/tager

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Already at Master Rank and feeling hella good on my progress in such a short amount of time! Each day, I will have a prime focus when I go online.

Today Uncle JBeezY shall work on some more advance stuff. And that will be Cross Tag combos and how to utilize em in certain situations. :)

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Im very suprised but one bar connections are very much playable in this game online lol While in dbfz anything below 3 bars was nightmare .
Yea, I got this on Switch fully expecting it to be horrendous with starbucks wifi all around but much to my surprise my experience playing BBTag Switch online has been way better then DBFZ on Xbox.

Carl-L

Sub-Zero hater.
Anybody else play Naoto? If so, who with?
I'm playing Naoto/Gordeau at the moment, but I'm thinking of switching Gord for Orie.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Anybody else play Naoto? If so, who with?
I'm playing Naoto/Gordeau at the moment, but I'm thinking of switching Gord for Orie.
Tried her, and really didn't appeal to me much. But i did go up against a great team of Naoto/Yu. DAMN thats a good ass combination! That best of 5 set was intense!

Carl-L

Sub-Zero hater.
But i did go up against a great team of Naoto/Yu. DAMN thats a good ass combination! That best of 5 set was intense!
Yeah I was considering Yu as well. You got any tips for dealing with Vatista? I was getting washed by one earlier and wasn't too sure how to approach her.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Yeah I was considering Yu as well. You got any tips for dealing with Vatista? I was getting washed by one earlier and wasn't too sure how to approach her.
Vatista is my GURL! So I main the fuck out of her currently, so you're in luck ;)

Even though she is probably the best zoner in the game, her lasers are still negative. Which means, you can still get in on her when she misses. You might have to be patient though because a really good Vatista will fluster you and thats what she wants. BUT she is also very dangerous up close. Best advice is get in on her while she shoots lasers

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Uncle JBeezY just got his first PERFECT! AAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAA!

Oh happy happy joy joy! Video will be up soon!

I will be playing ALL weekend and down to play anybody! Add this NEWLY pink squared negro for some games!

PSN - JBeezYBabY1

Righteous ;)

EDIT video up NOW!

Last edited:

TamedLizard

Buff George
Part of me still wishes they took a page from DBFZ and made neutral reset upon a character's death. I'm much more used to it now that I've played so much, but still a minor pet peeve.

Getting setplayed and mixed on entry by some characters is terrifying lol.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Part of me still wishes they took a page from DBFZ and made neutral reset upon a character's death. I'm much more used to it now that I've played so much, but still a minor pet peeve.

Getting setplayed and mixed on entry by some characters is terrifying lol.
True, but there's options you have once you land. You can Resonance right away, which gives you a invulnerable frames, then do whatever. But that moment gives back pressure to your opponent because now they're guessing what YOU are gonna do next.

EntropicByDesign

Edit. Got a few minutes to mess with the DLC.

Yuzu is one of the dopest characters ever created for a FG.. Ive wanted to play this character forever - just never took the dive into UNIST.. well, not we have her in BBTag, and man..... She is looking to have potential.

Obviously this is day one, and who the hell know how things will pan out all said and done, but she seems to have a lot of the tools that the current super strong characters have and I look forward to seeing how she develops.

Her range is bonkers, and so is her mobility.. especially when you start to get used to looping back in to her stance, allowing you to attack, stance cancel, attack and cancel back in to the stance over and over again. While in the stance, she can start to teleport-dash around - attack out of the dash - and loop back in to the stance, lol. You can jump/superjump and tele-dash as well. Once you get the timings down a little you can instant air tele-dash... aannnnddddd the stance attack and cancel works in the air. Meaning you can do some silly shit. Crossup into OH into cancel into cross up into empty jump low into.. blah blah. She has an obscenely good low in her 2B as well, meaning you can threaten the OH low out of stance teles from a huge distance. It's even dangerous to check her when she goes into the stance because she can attack multiple times when entering it. She can also jump cancel her 5A and 2A (like a lot of characters) on block, and since shes UNIST, she can reverse beat into the 2A.

Just an example of the range you have to contend with.. This little video is just showing an IAD backwards into an OH and a low. I meant to do it out of a jump canceled 2A but wasnt thinking and I'm too lazy to do it now, but you get the idea. I could have also canceled the OH into a stance attack and dashed back in.. or canceled the low into one, etc.

Creative players with good reflexes are gonna do work with this character IMO.

I havent checked out any combo vids or tech yet simply because I want to see what i can come up with on my own before looking around too much, so I dunno what her damage looks like, but ive pretty much mashed my way into about 5k, so I imagine her damage will be good.

Last edited:

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Don't know if I mentioned this before, but anyone having a hard time with Gordeau should look into Noel. She seems to be a really hard counter for him, all of his best options can be beat by tools that she has. If he tries to scam the first hit at the start of the match, you get a free combo off of her 4B