What's new

Blazblue Cross Tag Battle

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Carmine RB concept combo.. There is a lot more damage available, but I just wanted to find something fun and reliably easy to land. You can mod this to work mid screen as well. The B-236A part after the 236.c can be repeated 3-4 times for more damage, but it gets kinda finnicky. It adds about 1k extra though. Super easy combo once you get the timing off IAD backwards j.C into 236.A 214.A~214.BC part. It's not super tight or anything, its just awkward.

Again, lots of room to improve this, and it's nothing I have like, magically personally discovered. Lots of stuff like this around. This is just trying to bridge the gap between max damage and ease of use. Also, I have RB set to stay on, but it resets itself so you can see that it will work on a raw cancel. How often are you going to raw cancel and then land a 5A? Shrug. You have about 6-ish seconds of RB to waste before landing the hit, and provided you have a little over 2 bars when you land the hit, you will regen/earn enough meter. Health regen from RB erases Carmine's own self-harm damage.

EDIT: Apparently the video recorded audio playing in a youtube video in the BG. That voice is Koefficient playing Blazblue CF, lol.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
yo I want to buy this game but im from europe and im afraid if there is any player base in EU ? How is connection lets say eu to usa ? it is playable ? cuz in inj2 it is and I play usa guys every day but in dbfz it was terrible .

EntropicByDesign

Any Noel players in here? I'm just wondering what she is exactly.. like what kind of character archetype, whats her gameplan, etc. No interest in playing her personally, but shes interesting.

yo I want to buy this game but im from europe and im afraid if there is any player base in EU ? How is connection lets say eu to usa ? it is playable ? cuz in inj2 it is and I play usa guys every day but in dbfz it was terrible .
Connection shouldnt be too bad if u play US. I play against a friend in AUS all the time and its not bad

EntropicByDesign

So, Rachel is turning in to a ridiculously fun character to play.. I am still undecided on who to pair her with.. stick with Vatista or switch to Naoto, or do something else entirely like Nu.

I have my bad rounds where i can't get going, but these are getting fewer and fewer as I get better at her, BBTag as a whole, and learn how to zone in general (VERY counter to my style and preferences and totally new to me).

Bad rounds aside though, I've had a lot of success with her. Some is def people unfamiliar with how to navigate zoning.. but even when I run in to smart players, I can bang right along with them. Getting a couple lobelias out gives her SO much control.

I've changed up the BnB I see most people use, and removed the entire air sequence. I lose almost no damage (2-400) and it ends with a lobelia right on top of them as they recover, and me with the frame advantage to make it count. Originally I was converting into lightning, but they can avoid this depending on how they tech, so now I've just started calling bats. The combo itself places two lobelias, and they are nicely spaced, making it dangerous to advance on me at all. DP ofc blows through everything, but it's also the perfect situation to safely bait a DP, and lose little to nothing if I'm wrong.. if I read DP and you don't do it, my second lobelias usually let's me keep my turn. Delayed DP works, but that's not a call a lot of people are going to be making. Don't get me wrong, this isn't some impossible to escape tech I've found or anything, it just keeps the post-BnB situation very favorable. Even calling assists is dangerous a lot of the time.

I think Rachel might be better than she's thought to be. I think most decent players know she's solid but I think she might be more than just solid.. possibly just under the (currently thought to be) top tiers. She lacks huge normals, and that's absolutely a weakness, but her 5B range isn't bad at all, and her mobility through Slipheed is excellent. Her mix and pressure are insane and pound for pound George has to be one of the best expenditures of a bar you can find. Her damage is weak, but it's not THAT bad. She can do 3400-5500~ solo with no meter, with her actual average being something like 4500 probably.. but that doesn't tell the whole story. Her combos all set up lobelias and/or George, making it super easy to keep her turn, and even if she loses that turn for one reason or another, you might still have your lobelias out, letting you set your zoning back up relatively easily. Homing bats can also interupt enemy hits, saving you from combos. George is basically automatic ground control and amazing lockdown..

Anyway. I'm rambling. She's not OP, or perfect and there are definitely counters to what she can do.. I just think she's slept on by a lot of people, and I'm just kinda personally hype to have found a character that I really enjoy, that's so different from my usual choices.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I have experimented with Makoto even deeper, and noticed that if you juggle your opponent, and immediately do any move to do the wallbounce or full monitor pushback, this sends the opponent behind Makoto. I was in the WTF situation when I saw that. Was informed that a few other characters have that. If they don't fix this, I'll consider it a switch side combo.

In Makoto's case, I did 5B, 236B.

TamedLizard

Buff George
So, Rachel is turning in to a ridiculously fun character to play.. I am still undecided on who to pair her with.. stick with Vatista or switch to Naoto, or do something else entirely like Nu.

I have my bad rounds where i can't get going, but these are getting fewer and fewer as I get better at her, BBTag as a whole, and learn how to zone in general (VERY counter to my style and preferences and totally new to me).

Bad rounds aside though, I've had a lot of success with her. Some is def people unfamiliar with how to navigate zoning.. but even when I run in to smart players, I can bang right along with them. Getting a couple lobelias out gives her SO much control.

I've changed up the BnB I see most people use, and removed the entire air sequence. I lose almost no damage (2-400) and it ends with a lobelia right on top of them as they recover, and me with the frame advantage to make it count. Originally I was converting into lightning, but they can avoid this depending on how they tech, so now I've just started calling bats. The combo itself places two lobelias, and they are nicely spaced, making it dangerous to advance on me at all. DP ofc blows through everything, but it's also the perfect situation to safely bait a DP, and lose little to nothing if I'm wrong.. if I read DP and you don't do it, my second lobelias usually let's me keep my turn. Delayed DP works, but that's not a call a lot of people are going to be making. Don't get me wrong, this isn't some impossible to escape tech I've found or anything, it just keeps the post-BnB situation very favorable. Even calling assists is dangerous a lot of the time.

I think Rachel might be better than she's thought to be. I think most decent players know she's solid but I think she might be more than just solid.. possibly just under the (currently thought to be) top tiers. She lacks huge normals, and that's absolutely a weakness, but her 5B range isn't bad at all, and her mobility through Slipheed is excellent. Her mix and pressure are insane and pound for pound George has to be one of the best expenditures of a bar you can find. Her damage is weak, but it's not THAT bad. She can do 3400-5500~ solo with no meter, with her actual average being something like 4500 probably.. but that doesn't tell the whole story. Her combos all set up lobelias and/or George, making it super easy to keep her turn, and even if she loses that turn for one reason or another, you might still have your lobelias out, letting you set your zoning back up relatively easily. Homing bats can also interupt enemy hits, saving you from combos. George is basically automatic ground control and amazing lockdown..

Anyway. I'm rambling. She's not OP, or perfect and there are definitely counters to what she can do.. I just think she's slept on by a lot of people, and I'm just kinda personally hype to have found a character that I really enjoy, that's so different from my usual choices.
Been playing her non-stop since I bought the game. Fell in love immediately and I'm sticking with her for the long haul.

She's solid. I don't think anyone is really sleeping on her, she just gets bodied by top tiers and obscene normals, which everyone plays at least one of so that's probably why she isn't represented in tourney that much. At least, ones I've watched.

Rachel struggles when a character nullifies her ability to control the pace of a match. Whether it be through big and/or oppressive normals, superior zoning, or heavy pressure. In a lot of these MUs placing a George or ex Lobelia is practically a necessity just to contend or survive neutral. Otherwise you're not really zoning and setting up rods vs characters like Ruby, Blake, Gord, Es, ect. At least, not on your terms. Normals are fairly bottom of the barrel, same with AAs and damage but damage isn't too much of a problem since pretty much every hit leads to great Oki setups and mix. She also nickels and dimes a ton if she's able to zone comfortably.

Fast full screen supers are also extremely problematic considering how often they'll be sitting on 2 or more bars. Jin's touga, Yu's Ziodyne, Vat Beam, Es Shooter super, ect. Neutral can become a stalemate. One poorly timed Lobelia toss, bat call, or George summon and it's ggs.

To conclude this wall of text, none of the things I've listed are meant to be justifications as to "why she's bad", because she's not lol, but more so why someone who's competing might just opt for a top tier with less faults instead.

methademic

UPR Methademic
Been playing her non-stop since I bought the game. Fell in love immediately and I'm sticking with her for the long haul.

She's solid. I don't think anyone is really sleeping on her, she just gets bodied by top tiers and obscene normals, which everyone plays at least one of so that's probably why she isn't represented in tourney that much. At least, ones I've watched.

Rachel struggles when a character nullifies her ability to control the pace of a match. Whether it be through big and/or oppressive normals, superior zoning, or heavy pressure. In a lot of these MUs placing a George or ex Lobelia is practically a necessity just to contend or survive neutral. Otherwise you're not really zoning and setting up rods vs characters like Ruby, Blake, Gord, Es, ect. At least, not on your terms. Normals are fairly bottom of the barrel, same with AAs and damage but damage isn't too much of a problem since pretty much every hit leads to great Oki setups and mix. She also nickels and dimes a ton if she's able to zone comfortably.

Fast full screen supers are also extremely problematic considering how often they'll be sitting on 2 or more bars. Jin's touga, Yu's Ziodyne, Vat Beam, Es Shooter super, ect. Neutral can become a stalemate. One poorly timed Lobelia toss, bat call, or George summon and it's ggs.

To conclude this wall of text, none of the things I've listed are meant to be justifications as to "why she's bad", because she's not lol, but more so why someone who's competing might just opt for a top tier with less faults instead.
Rachel top 5 #buffEs

CountHyuga

Old man Hyuga.
There is an Eu playerbase. Still In development.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Im actually on live right now broadcasting right now if anybody wants to chill with Uncle JBeezY. ;)

Youtube - JBeezYBabY

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I cannot figure out how to break 9k meterless midscreen solo as Carmine, but I feel like its possible.
Yeah but is it viable? Been trying combos myself and the hitstun causes the enemy to drop after a certain amount of hits. I dont know if patches added that to Carmine, it makes sense. Ive seen crazy solo combos but it doesnt even seem realistic or outdated. So if you can show me some hard hitting combos YOU came up with, id be convinced :)

Tanno

Yeah but is it viable? Been trying combos myself and the hitstun causes the enemy to drop after a certain amount of hits. I dont know if patches added that to Carmine, it makes sense. Ive seen crazy solo combos but it doesnt even seem realistic or outdated. So if you can show me some hard hitting combos YOU came up with, id be convinced :)
It's approximately around 10-15 hits before the AI stands back again.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
It's approximately around 10-15 hits before the AI stands back again.
Well...I use my combos with an assist to build my resonance meter so ill get right back to the lab. Using Carmine solo is ....actually really bad. I mean, ive seen solo 9k combos with the cost of 1/4 of his health. Reckless.

Carmine is a character that you HAVE to have really good synergy. What team do you use ?Question mark?

Tanno

Carmine is a character that you HAVE to have really good synergy. What team do you use ?Question mark?
If this question goes for me, then it's Makoto/Yang. If it's for Entropic, I dunno.

BTW, Yang got the fastest air fireball in the entire game. Try her air fireball with 2369A right from the ground. I got pretty used to the 2369 thing due of Taokaka's 2369B (Blazblue Centralfiction).

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
If this question goes for me, then it's Makoto/Yang. If it's for Entropic, I dunno.

BTW, Yang got the fastest air fireball in the entire game. Try her air fireball with 2369A right from the ground. I got pretty used to the 2369 thing due of Taokaka's 2369B (Blazblue Centralfiction).
Yeah it was for u :)

And i dunno man....Vatista is up there with her plasma ball, 236B. Makoto and Yang is a crazy team. Makoto got some weird ass broken ass infinite thats annoying as all hell! Kinda like how Noel is.

Carmine and Vatista is what im sticking with right now. They just compliment each other so damn well and control neutral like crazy! Thats what wins, not crazy combos, but neutral. This game....just feels so damn right to me, even dealing with annoying Ruby/Gorgeau teams lol

Tanno

Yeah it was for u :)

And i dunno man....Vatista is up there with her plasma ball, 236B. Makoto and Yang is a crazy team. Makoto got some weird ass broken ass infinite thats annoying as all hell! Kinda like how Noel is.

Carmine and Vatista is what im sticking with right now. They just compliment each other so damn well and control neutral like crazy! Thats what wins, not crazy combos, but neutral. This game....just feels so damn right to me, even dealing with annoying Ruby/Gorgeau teams lol
Is that so about Vatista? I already know about what's going on with Yang, however, I don't know about Makoto's infinite. Does it have to do with her orb?