What's new

Black Adam Trait Cancels

Error

DF2+R2
Does he still have the instant air dive kick cross ups after any cancels?
Most likely, I just never go for it because I struggle with the instant airs in this game, but usually all he needs for it to work is for the instant divekick to be done point blank.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
So I got home and tested the F12 cancel, and you are right, it does not jail into D1. However, using the same criteria (reversal Firestorm Fusion Charge, 8f start up) I clearly stuffed him with Adam B1, which is 12f start up.

This means Adam F12 is at least +4 right?

Error

DF2+R2
So I got home and tested the F12 cancel, and you are right, it does not jail into D1. However, using the same criteria (reversal Firestorm Fusion Charge, 8f start up) I clearly stuffed him with Adam B1, which is 12f start up.

This means Adam F12 is at least +4 right?
Oh wow you're right, the timing is just different compared to the others, I actually got f2 to trade, so it could be like +5

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Ok, just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy. I'll need to use this method for Batman's trait cancels.

P3irce

Noob
if you trait cancel from a distance vs up close its slightly more +. i.e if you go into practice and try to hit f1,4,f1 up close youll never hit it but if you space it farther away you can

**set opponent to reversal backdash too

Error

DF2+R2
if you trait cancel from a distance vs up close its slightly more +. i.e if you go into practice and try to hit f1,4,f1 up close youll never hit it but if you space it farther away you can
I suspected this might be the case, but I didn't have time to see if it was consistent.

I think he only has them in the corner after 113xxtrait, but it only works on certain characters and is very gimmicky.
Why do you consider it very gimmicky though ? It's not always guaranteed because of the issues it has ( we both know what they are ) but it's just so risky to press buttons against it and if people are doing that then you can just make them respect it then go for it , ive started going for it even after stuff like 112 trait because people are afraid of the follow ups

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Why do you consider it very gimmicky though ? It's not always guaranteed because of the issues it has ( we both know what they are ) but it's just so risky to press buttons against it and if people are doing that then you can just make them respect it then go for it , ive started going for it even after stuff like 112 trait because people are afraid of the follow ups
The reason why I think its so gimmicky is because the opponent could do so many things completely inadvertently to mess up the setup - hell, someone tried to get me infracted because they thought I was lying about the whole ducking the high loses plus frames thing. In a weird way, the lack of matchup knowledge makes the setup less reliable and predictable.

Just because its a gimmick though doesn't mean it isn't going to work, so keep doing it if it works. I remember in IGAU you could 100-0 people with Shazam using really janky vortexes, and you'd be surprised how often it worked.

HappyPow

Noob
I wonder if the advantage on trait on hit is dif depending on the string?
Trait has no real hit adv by itself tho.
Then yes a string has what you call cancel frames and on hit/on block frames. Since every strings have different properties, the adv f on the cancel into trait are different.
I think the way you gotta calculate that is this way :
(Last moves properties : Example 2 from F12) On hit/on block + Cancel frames - (here would be trait) next move startup - recovery (if not canceled) and then boom you got how much plus it is.

Cerbero

Always down for games.
Trait has no real hit adv by itself tho.
Then yes a string has what you call cancel frames and on hit/on block frames. Since every strings have different properties, the adv f on the cancel into trait are different.
I think the way you gotta calculate that is this way :
(Last moves properties : Example 2 from F12) On hit/on block + Cancel frames - (here would be trait) next move startup - recovery (if not canceled) and then boom you got how much plus it is.
Damn i’m not that bright, can anyone do the math pls?

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Nice work!!! :) Seems b2~trait cancel can still be used to jail into s1 or d1? Guess I need to use 112 more than 113

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Thanks for the update. Does 112 combo into mb Black Magic? If so, will probably replace 113.

Error

DF2+R2
Thanks for the update. Does 112 combo into mb Black Magic? If so, will probably replace 113.
It does but you'll get more damage off 113, 112 is better for jailing low lightning though as opponents can jump out of 113x lightning now.

Error

DF2+R2
prepatch 112 scaled badly.

also i had no idea his cancels were still that plus, i thought most were only slightly plus above neutral.
phew
The frame changes on trait itself not only made cancels less plus, but also changed when we recover and can press buttons, so the timing feels different from pre-patch and could be why they feel less plus than they are.