What's new

Black Adam Trait Cancels

Error

DF2+R2
Updated to reflect February patch changes

I took the old trait cancel frames and subtracted 3 from them with the exception of the cancels that were negative, I tested those with reversal SG(5f) and Flash(6f) supermove as well as 8f specials. 113 had it's cancel advantage changed as well, which took a little more testing.

1 - -1
11 - +9
112 - +11
113 - +10
13 - +13
f1 - +8
f12 - +3
b1 - +8
b12 - -1
d1 - -4
2 - -4
22 - -1
22b1 - +6
f2 - +1 (f2 is more plus on it's own)
b2 - +6
d2 - -8

1 - +2
11 - +12
112 - +14
113 - around +24, can feels like I can beat his 28f f3 with a mb b3, which only gains armor on the 5th frame...just don't press buttons
13 - +16
f1 - +11
f12 - +6
b1 - +11
b12 - +2
d1 - -4 at worst
2 - -4 at worst
22 - +2
22b1 - +9
f2 - +4
b2 - +9
d2 - -4 at worst

If something looks wrong feel free to contest it.
Last updated: 2/12/2018

@Qwark28 @Clark L. @Smarrgasm @usedcarsalesmang @KHAOTIC_UNCLE-_-CREEPY @EMPEROR_OF_OUTWORLD

Last edited:

Beach

La mejor playa
Fine work! With ex low lightning being -3 we should be able to get fair amounts of safe ship if we start the block string with 11/113/112/22b1 then.

Error

DF2+R2
Fine work! With ex low lightning being -3 we should be able to get fair amounts of safe ship if we start the block string with 11/113/112/22b1 then.
True, though often times your best bet is to go for a grab, also know that 22b1 has gaps between every hit I think.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Would be nice to have someone calculate the exact frame advantage for each of these, and then have it stickied.

I would do it myself but I have no idea where to even begin besides trial and error with different reversals.

Not sure if these are exact numbers, but here's more or less what I found Adam's frame advantage seems to be off the following strings cancelled into trait:

1 - 0
11 - at least +9
112 - at least +9
113 - + enough to get an instant divekick and which counts as a blockstring
13 - +16 probably more, divekick beats fusion charge reversal
f1 - +8
f12 - +1
b1 - +8
b12 - +1
d1 -
2 -
22 -
22b1 - +7
f2 - +1
b2 - +7
d2 -

The ones that are blank were negative enough that a reversal fusion charge (8 frame advancing mid) beat out a d1/1 attempt.

If something looks wrong feel free to contest it

@Qwark28 @Clark L. @Smarrgasm @usedcarsalesmang @KHAOTIC_UNCLE-_-CREEPY @EMPEROR_OF_OUTWORLD
Are You sure f12 trait is +1? I'm setting it to throw after it and it's beating my poke almost all the time , no idea if its timing based but it feels more plus

Error

DF2+R2
Are You sure f12 trait is +1? I'm setting it to throw after it and it's beating my poke almost all the time , no idea if its timing based but it feels more plus
When I tested it vs firestorm's 8 frame reversal 8frame f1 beat it, 9 frame s3 traded and 10 frame s2 was stuffed every time.
I'm also pretty sure you can poke out of f12 trait grab.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
F12 trait cancel seemed more plus when I tested it. Setting the AI to neutral jump, I was able to jail a d1 off the cancel. Am I doing something wrong here?

Last edited:
When I tested it vs firestorm's 8 frame reversal 8frame f1 beat it, 9 frame s3 traded and 10 frame s2 was stuffed every time.
I'm also pretty sure you can poke out of f12 trait grab.
Yeah that was my bad , you have to do it perfectly , you can't mash prior or it'll beat out my poke

Error

DF2+R2
F12 trait cancel seemed more plus when I tested it. Setting the AI to neutral jump, I as able to jail a d1 off the cancel. Am I doing something wrong here?
The jumping test isn't really reliable, I tested using reversal fusion charge since it's 8 frames and seeing which normals beat, traded, or got stuffed by it. This method still isn't perfect but gives a better idea of what works.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
The jumping test isn't really reliable, I tested using reversal fusion charge since it's 8 frames and seeing which normals beat, traded, or got stuffed by it. This method still isn't perfect but gives a better idea of what works.
I'll have to test when I get home. But even if the AI is set to reversal, the d1 would jail anyways right? Unless somehow the AI is able to block during the initial jump frames.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Jesus look at those frames.
This dude has everything you need in a character doesn't he?
-_-

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Just a thought, aren't reversal specials actually a frame faster than listed due to the buffer windows for reversals?

Error

DF2+R2
Just a thought, aren't reversal specials actually a frame faster than listed due to the buffer windows for reversals?
I still have no idea what that whole reversal frame thing means so I'm not sure, but from what I remember the frame off doesn't matter because moves don't become active until the 1st start-up frame anyways.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
What the actual fuck on these plus frames

I'm going to invest now.