What's new

Match-up Discussion Black Adam Matchup Discussion

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
d2 and d3 are punishable by 6 frames reversals, air mb mace toss can also be punishable if not done at the correct height.
f1, f11, f13, 123, d1, b22, b22b3, b23 and instant air d3 (divekick) are negative on block but not punishable outside of supes' super.

Every other move she has is either 0 or + on block lol.
Considering the angle at which the mace is thrown and HG descends, it's pretty unlikely as you gotta have perfect spacing and be anticipating it.

Well since we're on the topic of Hawkgirl, here's one match I had recently:

lol

Anyway, one thing I learned in this matchup is that 50% of the time you want to attack where she will be next and not where she currently is. You have to see ahead of time. Like when she has meter and you dash under her air mace toss, instead of going for the usual air to air you have to anticipate that she will MB to ass out and meet her there for the whiff punish. Same thing about mace charge and her wing evage 3. They're obviously safe on block so again to punish you have to anticipate them and avoid them with jumps or stuff them during startup before her hitbox becomes active. For those reasons I think close boot stomp makes a lot more sense than far boot stomp. d2 xx Orbs is very valuable also.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Considering the angle at which the mace is thrown and HG descends, it's pretty unlikely as you gotta have perfect spacing and be anticipating it.
Actually there's a weird ass glitch with that move where Hawkgirl will just stop and float right above the ground for like a second after it's done, and HG can't do anything. Happens randomly and pretty often too.

And lol at that kappa at the end Vulcan Hades, but tbh that Hawkgirl wasn't good. Not using any of the interactable on a stage like Arkham Asylum is a sin lol.

Btw, just block high against HG, the only low you have to fear is b22 in the corner but that's about it.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

lol

Anyway, one thing I learned in this matchup is that 50% of the time you want to attack where she will be next and not where she currently is. You have to see ahead of time. Like when she has meter and you dash under her air mace toss, instead of going for the usual air to air you have to anticipate that she will MB to ass out and meet her there for the whiff punish. Same thing about mace charge and her wing evage 3. They're obviously safe on block so again to punish you have to anticipate them and avoid them with jumps or stuff them during startup before her hitbox becomes active. For those reasons I think close boot stomp makes a lot more sense than far boot stomp. d2 xx Orbs is very valuable also.
Hence my looney toon divekicks in the vids. Adam doesn't really need meter other than to check for ex lightning when she's knocked down good or for clash.

I like to bait KF slide and with anticipation and a good read, either normal or MB short boot stomp the hoe. That will make them reconsider their slide spamming.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!

lol

Can I get that "Free" sound and that kappa picture please? It's for a video of mine :3.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Im getting blown up by high level Batman players, any advice guys?
What exactly are you having trouble with in the MU? For a general strategy you want to just sit back and zone him out because you want nothing to do with Batman's normals unless you start some frame traps. If he tries to throw stuff at you, reacting to it and punishing is pretty easy. Dealing with his rushdown can be a bit of a pain, but if you just learn his frame data you can figure out where it's ok to poke out and get him off of you. Parry is always an option when he is in, but it's super punishable so if you bait it you can destroy him with a full combo.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Im getting blown up by high level Batman players, any advice guys?
Know when he uses up 3 bats to get in on you? Yeah, pushblock the son-bitch. Zone him out.

If you see him coming, might want to throw a bomb at your feet. Always keeps them at bay and can lead to combos.

Dynastk

Noob
Dealing with his rushdown really, he always seems to beat me in the air, and with projectles, when they get in close, they tend to the low move, if i block it, they do it again and so on. Not sure how to react i guess..

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
not sure how to get in on high level batman players...
Getting in isn't the goal really, keeping him out is. Your zoning is better than his. JaredL gave a couple of solid points, push block bats and also throwing bombs in front of you is always a good idea. Batman is more than likely always going to beat you in the air. Your best option is really just to try trip guarding him.

JaredL

lets say i dive kick him and it gets blocked, what are my options from here? if i jump afterwards i get stuffed so...
Dash backwards? Depends on how the divekick hit. Try to aim at his feet for safeness. I don't believe he has any advancing normals or specials that can catch your BD. Could just try to block low. That's the main thing with batman. He has no overhead starting strings.

His B23 hits overhead on the second hit, his 223, on the last, his F3 is telegraphed as fuck. All you need to worry about is B11, and after that, block high incase he does B113.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
lets say i dive kick him and it gets blocked, what are my options from here? if i jump afterwards i get stuffed so...
Well if you used normal dive kick it depends on how it hits. You might not get any options cuz batman can punish your ass from certain heights lol. Just back dash and see if he tries to throw out anything. If so, and it whiffs, there's your punish.

JaredL

Need some advice on nightwing.

I just face one who did nothing but D1s up close, and flying grayson anywhere else. Flying grayson is extremely good at knocking you out of your divekicks and its safe and spammable.

So obviously I lost, I just need advice on anyone whos countered this?

I also beat the same player who used hawkgirl and did exclusively mace charge. Nothing else except the odd flying mace.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Black Adam can duck and uppercut flying Grayson. Black Adam destroys NW if he stays in staff form. He has to use escrima to stand a chance IMO.

JaredL

Black Adam can duck and uppercut flying Grayson. Black Adam destroys NW if he stays in staff form. He has to use escrima to stand a chance IMO.
I just noticed that in training mode.

Its a bit hard to get the uppercut though, and I'm finding it hard to combo from it. Got any combos?

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
The best way to combo is to cancel uppercut woth trait. For nightwing if he's in staff he literally cannot avoid lightning and black magic. Then if he tries to counter with ground charges you just easily dive kick. In escrima it's probly a little closer of a MU.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
The best way to combo is to cancel uppercut woth trait. For nightwing if he's in staff he literally cannot avoid lightning and black magic. Then if he tries to counter with ground charges you just easily dive kick. In escrima it's probly a little closer of a MU.
in escrima you flat out outzone him still