What's new

Match-up Discussion Black Adam Matchup Discussion

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
id make one in the spare hour i have now but idk if i should also record some vids showing how to punish, people are still stuck in the " its not possible" state because they do shit wrong

Punishment kan vary depending on the Dive Kick height and character's speed that's why. It'll be a lot of work to go into punishing.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Punishment kan vary depending on the Dive Kick height and character's speed that's why. It'll be a lot of work to go into punishing.
people still do a lot of things wrong and miss a lot of punishes simply because they dont go in practice mode. i have people telling me that cage cant be jumped on because of the AA hitbox which only exists to catch mistimed jumps.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
How do people counter hawkgirl?

And before you ask, all they do is: stay in the air and do air mace charge.

On the ground, they do mace charge.

Mace charge.

That shit is impossible to counter. You spend all day trying to ground her, but just end up eating 10%, when you do ground her, she has a safe wake up with huge chip.

Black Adam always has trouble with air people, but damn this is impossible.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

Mace charge.

That shit is impossible to counter. You spend all day trying to ground her, but just end up eating 10%, when you do ground her, she has a safe wake up with huge chip.

You have to make it whiff and try to punish. It still isn't easy, but that's the gameplan.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

Mace charge.

JaredL

Speaking of Aquaman, what are some good ways of opening him up up close.

Aquaman, for me, is a truly hard match up. At range, you're trading pretty much the same chip with equally safe lightning strike and rfom the deep.

So... its down to up close. And up close, I find that aquaman has more of an advantage. You can't jump on him in any case, and his strings are all so fast.

Does BA even have any reasonably fast hitting mids? I try 22 but that has shit poor range. B2 is good albeit too slow.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Speaking of Aquaman, what are some good ways of opening him up up close.

Aquaman, for me, is a truly hard match up. At range, you're trading pretty much the same chip with equally safe lightning strike and rfom the deep.

So... its down to up close. And up close, I find that aquaman has more of an advantage. You can't jump on him in any case, and his strings are all so fast.

Does BA even have any reasonably fast hitting mids? I try 22 but that has shit poor range. B2 is good albeit too slow.
With aquaman especially with his trait all you can do at times is frame trap the shit out of him. My main offense is getting him to block an ex dive kick and then going in to various frame traps from there. If you ever do catch him without his trait you better capitalize cause you dont get many chances. Then after you get your lead you can try to play the long range game as you can keep him out pretty well with lightning and EX lightning.

My set vs tom brady from the weekend at UFGT is on youtube if you wanna watch it but i miss some punishes and drop combos which hurt me severely. I think i did play the MU pretty well though.

JaredL

With aquaman especially with his trait all you can do at times is frame trap the shit out of him. My main offense is getting him to block an ex dive kick and then going in to various frame traps from there. If you ever do catch him without his trait you better capitalize cause you dont get many chances. Then after you get your lead you can try to play the long range game as you can keep him out pretty well with lightning and EX lightning.

My set vs tom brady from the weekend at UFGT is on youtube if you wanna watch it but i miss some punishes and drop combos which hurt me severely. I think i did play the MU pretty well though.

Hmm, true. Once you get a life lead going I feel like you can reasonably sit back and trade chip damage till one of you makes a mistake. Still, its a fairly hard match up. He has ways of countering the dive kick. That freaking J2 of his has the weirdest, longest hitbox ever.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
All those matches have hawkgirl doing more than mace charge.
If it's against a HG that spams mace charge, just backjump 2 it whenever you see it coming. You'll laugh at them for even trying to spam that move lol.
Or if you're feeling fancy, go for a mb b3.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I can't wait until Adam's regular divekick is nerfed. No more whining and those who whined will still be getting bodied.

ATM I feel very few people know the matchup and it's too damn easy to win

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
The suprman match up is giving me a headache how do you guys manage?
You can d1 to stop his f23 breath loop. But it's kind of a risk after a while because he can read it and delay the string to hit you. You can punish non-mb air lasers with black magic xx lightning from full screen as long as he does it high enough, if not he'll just block the black magic. Other than that just try to counter zone him out and use smart dive kicks to get damage in. It's one of the more difficult match ups, even though I consider it even.

JaredL

You can d1 to stop his f23 breath loop. But it's kind of a risk after a while because he can read it and delay the string to hit you. You can punish non-mb air lasers with black magic xx lightning from full screen as long as he does it high enough, if not he'll just block the black magic. Other than that just try to counter zone him out and use smart dive kicks to get damage in. It's one of the more difficult match ups, even though I consider it even.

You can backdash out of his F23 loop too.

And you might want to consider jumping on reaction to his jump and going for a divekick. Do a divekick late enough, and his lasers completely wiff. This also allows for some nice combos off a MB divekick.

Also, a risky option is, using your really fast forward dash, to completely go under his air lasers. I'm not very sure how to optimize a combo on his descent yet, but it definately works if they try to lasers you not from full screen.

It's not the air lasers I have problems with, most supermen I have been facing are using J2 alot and I try to air to air them with j1 but to no avail I pretty much back dash and push block but somehow they always get in with it

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
How does he fair against Doomsdizzle?Trait renders lightning moot? Body splash kills DK, no? I'm guessing this is just theory, cause I never see top players counter with DD

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I am having a lot of trouble with Deathstroke. How do you guys counter him with Black Adam?

BA has the BEST dash/backdash in the game. block and dash in, repeat till there.

you can punish non aerial gunshots for 48% with a MB divekick

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
in escrima you flat out outzone him still
This is coming from a NW main, in escrima obviously you beat him in range, but at the very least nightwing has a good dash so he can get in, but even then it isnt easy, I think this is a bad match up for NW but not unbeatable

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
BA has the BEST dash/backdash in the game. block and dash in, repeat till there.

you can punish non aerial gunshots for 48% with a MB divekick
Can you post a video so I can see it for myself? One thing that gives me particularly too much trouble is that annoying sword spin thing where he jumps in the air toward you. That stupid move beats every aerial move there is plus it has a ridiculous hitbox, it even catches you if you are behind him, and not only that but it pushes him so far back on block that it's very difficult to punish. What is the best way to punish it? I tried b2, 3 but either I am too slow or there just isn't enough time to punish with it.