What's new

Black Adam General Discussion Thread

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I agree completely with first part

Yes. What other normals were you getting? I don't think anything links with his blockstrings, just cancels. Although b23 1 is a link I guess.

3rd part: good point. I need to get that down more consistently. It's my own execution that makes lightning cage more stable and it's so easy to confirm after 22 trait and before the MB
The only other normal I could link was d1 lol, but it's because of the way I was inputting it so that's on me. I'm going to go back to the lab and give that a go because it's actually hit confirmable lol. Thanks for that. :)

It takes a bit of practice to get not only the combo down but the hit confirm for it. The best hit confirm out of any trait cancel is 22, it is a slow string so you will be able to react on whether it hits or not. If it does hit I go into 22b1 and continue the combo, and if it's blocked I go into 223 and get advantage on block to continue pressure.

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
Thanks for that. That might have leveled me up. What I am (or was) doing after getting something like a crossup j.2 depended on if I was at the awkward distance where lightning cage whiffs would be 22b1 and just do the lazy black magic MB trait j.2 ender for 38%. I need to put more effort in.

I'm surprised people still get opened up by day 1 frame traps. Like it's too tempting for them to try and mash buttons or do something when Black Adam is pressuring. It's not like BA can maintain pressure like Superman, Nightwing, WW and others can. Eventually if you keep blocking he'll put himself out of range with d1 xx lightning storm. He has to sooner or later.

b2 xx MB Lightning should not work on anyone, it's a gimmick. Everyone should either block it, know when it's jumpabale (because it is at certain ranges) or low crush it on reaction/anticipation. You can also trade with 6f moves but that's a losing trade for most chars.

For Orbs, some players just like to have them always active because they're a threat people have to respect. People will play more cautious if you have Orbs out. Since they don't want to lose 12% every 8 seconds, they won't be rushing in as much as they normally would.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I'm surprised people still get opened up by day 1 frame traps. Like it's too tempting for them to try and mash buttons or do something when Black Adam is pressuring. It's not like BA can maintain pressure like Superman, Nightwing, WW and others can. Eventually if you keep blocking he'll put himself out of range with d1 xx lightning storm. He has to sooner or later.

b2 xx MB Lightning should not work on anyone, it's a gimmick. Everyone should either block it, know when it's jumpabale (because it is at certain ranges) or low crush it on reaction/anticipation. You can also trade with 6f moves but that's a losing trade for most chars.

For Orbs, some players just like to have them always active because they're a threat people have to respect. People will play more cautious if you have Orbs out. Since they don't want to lose 12% every 8 seconds, they won't be rushing in as much as they normally would.

Im surprised people are still just sticking to B2,3 into D1, and its still getting results.... People need to learn to defend against black adam, all it takes is like 6 more frames of blocking and the pressure ends... with Black adam pushed back a bit and with - frames...

B2 x MB Lightning works either way because on block it pushes people out. B2 3 blows up jumps and 6 frame trades, so its risky to even bother interrupting. Again just block it, take a bit of chip and the pressure ends, its your move, and BA just spent a meter on fuck all.

Orbs defensively with the lifelead makes sense. That is a smart use of orbs, and is often a good decision. But what i mean is people just backdash, activate orbs, then go in again. If they kept those orbs and went in without them, you can hitconfirm into things, and give yourself options for nasty frame traps into low/overhead mixups and grabs. The reason Black adam is looking so bland in tournament is because people are playing completely 1 dimensionally, using day 1 strategies and frame traps, and leaving all their meter to randomly divekick stuff.

If people started to block more vs black adam, and let him spend all his meter on bad divekicks and blocked low lightnings, he would run out of options quickly and be stuck for ideas, and maybe have to do something exciting for once...

Error

DF2+R2
Im surprised people are still just sticking to B2,3 into D1, and its still getting results....
Meh, it's a young game, I'm sure worse things were happening 3 months after MK's release. Although I agree with you, I still play people who refuse to block/backdash after b23 on block. I guess we just have to wait for everyone else to catch up.

Also, the only time dashing out, orbing and rushing in is good is to get rid of magic pixels.

Are you guys using standing 3 at all? I find myself using it when people are in my face and i don't feel confident in D1 lightning hands. It also makes some characters wakeups wiff like Killer Frosts slide or Superman's low grab and rising grab.

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
Are you guys using standing 3 at all? I find myself using it when people are in my face and i don't feel confident in D1 lightning hands. It also makes some characters wakeups wiff like Killer Frosts slide or Superman's low grab and rising grab.
TBH I forgot this move even existed. I guess it being a low crush is its most useful function, and its fast startup (10 frames if I am not mistaken) being its other use. It doesn't have great range unfortunately, but now you inspired me to test anti-wakeup setups with it. (when its not in the middle of the night) I think f23 has a similar odd hitbox property as it raises adam off the ground.

Since you are here already, do you what is its block advantage and if can you cancel off it?

TBH I forgot this move even existed. I guess it being a low crush is its most useful function, and its fast startup (10 frames if I am not mistaken) being its other use. It doesn't have great range unfortunately, but now you inspired me to test anti-wakeup setups with it. (when its not in the middle of the night) I think f23 has a similar odd hitbox property as it raises adam off the ground.

Since you are here already, do you what is its block advantage and if can you cancel off it?
i believe standing 3 is 8 frames and is -3 on block with big push-block. It will trade or beat most pokes. I was recently using it vs Runwaymafia's Hawkgirl after he blocked my B23 string because my D1 wouldn't come out. For some reason he kept hitting me with HG's D1 (maybe i was too slow?) even though i was advantage, so i started randomly trading with standing 3 so the damage would be in my favor. HG has the best D1 in the game i believe. His standing 3 as a pretty good hitbox actually and cannot be canceled into specials.

Vocket

damn 8 frames its defintely gonna dominate the neutral game close up and destroy those who try to poke too much. Then again, black adam has a beast backdash to escape pokes and can also jump foot stomp. Ugh I see the only use of this move is to beat low moves by people that are faster than b23. If you could use 3 to beat green lantern's b12 that would be sick.

damn 8 frames its defintely gonna dominate the neutral game close up and destroy those who try to poke too much. Then again, black adam has a beast backdash to escape pokes and can also jump foot stomp. Ugh I see the only use of this move is to beat low moves by people that are faster than b23. If you could use 3 to beat green lantern's b12 that would be sick.
Backdash is great of course, but sometimes you don't have the life lead. I also like to use this move because i imagine them thinking "Wtf was that?" It such a unique move I know there must be some practical use for it. I'm starting to use it as an emergency GTFO me move if I'm not confident in mashing out D1 lightning hands and don't want to spend meter on push blocking.

Vocket

Backdash is great of course, but sometimes you don't have the life lead. I also like to use this move because i imagine them thinking "Wtf was that?" It such a unique move I know there must be some practical use for it. I'm starting to use it as an emergency GTFO me move if I'm not confident in mashing out D1 lightning hands and don't want to spend meter on push blocking.
d1 hands is too godlike

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Might have some new dive kick tech, not too sure yet but I'm going to test it more when I can. I don't have a PS3 at the moment so it's hard for me to work it out. Should have a new one by Wednesday. Going to see about borrowing a friend's today though.

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
For standing 3, I wish there was a hitbox viewer. I used to try it for GL b1 (to avoid getting hit in the air with lm if I misread) or KF slide, but I'm convinced there is a hitbox under his legs.

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
I need insight! Recently I've been getting different damage totals for doing the exact same combos I always do.
I did 22 T 22 lightning cage combos in matches yesterday which usually gives me 47% but the last few times I've been getting 50-51%.

My most common bnb is b23 112 black magic mb trait ender and that always got 44% and it's been consistently only getting 41% recently.

I also pulled off a j. Antiair and landed with 11 trait into bnb and it broke 50% before the ender (it killed at that point so not too sure what would've happened).

I assume it has something to do with when the orbs hit but I haven't been doing anything differently. Insight?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I need insight! Recently I've been getting different damage totals for doing the exact same combos I always do.
I did 22 T 22 lightning cage combos in matches yesterday which usually gives me 47% but the last few times I've been getting 50-51%.

My most common bnb is b23 112 black magic mb trait ender and that always got 44% and it's been consistently only getting 41% recently.

I also pulled off a j. Antiair and landed with 11 trait into bnb and it broke 50% before the ender (it killed at that point so not too sure what would've happened).

I assume it has something to do with when the orbs hit but I haven't been doing anything differently. Insight?
Did you somehow lose the patch???? lol