What's new

General/Other Behold mine spikes of villainy! - Ares General Discussion

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I merged a bunch of threads, deleted unnecessary ones, and stickied important ones. This forum is a lot cleaner now, and let's keep it that way!

Mosp

Noob
mosp - saw your match against Floe last night. care to commentate on how the night went overall?
Just saw this post right now and I don't know how I missed it earlier.

I think Ares main weaknesses are his lack of a reliable anti-air and his wakeup game, he gets abused and smothered on wakeup so the characters that can take advantage of that I have a lot of trouble with. Getting trapped in the corner seems like certain death because of his lack of a good wakeup game and trying to teleport out is just asking to be punished.
Using a lot of invis is also a good strategy since lots of people are waiting for the teleport so they can punish you, it's a good way to mix it up and will help make your teleports a little bit safer.

These are the main things that stand out during offline play and I'm still not sure how to deal with the holes in his game just yet but hopefully there are solutions to them because they are really annoying to be honest.

Trekiros

Probably a lunatic
After a full week of training mode, I'm finally heading towards the wifi ranked matches... And oh my god it is terrible.
I can't get 80% of my swords to come out in combos :'D

But my first ranked was against a fellow Ares player, so I guess things even out :V

The Gabriel

Mean Man
Is it me or does Ares have the worst dash in the game? And by worst I mean the slowest and the shortest distance? It makes dashing to avoid doomsday's meteor smash much more precise than it should be...

hecta

Noob
I'm just 3-staring all the missions and in Raven's last mission you happen to fight Trigon - the guy from her super. He has the same animations and movesets of Ares - so maybe that will be a "costume" for him in the future.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Is it me or does Ares have the worst dash in the game? And by worst I mean the slowest and the shortest distance? It makes dashing to avoid doomsday's meteor smash much more precise than it should be...
His dash is decent, his backdash is not very good though. I wish his backdash either had more distance or was quicker.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
....So if someone wanted to pick this character up from scratch, where should they start?

Phillip

Noob
they are nerfing him but i would love to get a buf to his aa hit box or faster or longer dash a good frame trap cause im not sure i have seen or heard of one,all im saying if u nerf him at least help him some out some how(dash aa succckkkkk x( )ps. frost need the nerf more.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Made my first ares player quit. He was doing resets. I was doing backdashed or mbgs. It were close games tough but that stage transition was just too much i guess.

Phillip

Noob
if you backdashed it, they were mis-timing it, which is easy to do online
i know its so sad that when i turned on the game the first person i saw that i like from how he looked i stuck stuck with got/getting nerf cause of people bad net code and bad internet.something so easy as back dashing can wiff the reset but they still want to patch it the more i know and read the more tight(angery)i get smh Aqua man get out of combo free card n killer frost rest well slide so much other thing but yep Ares good job people,lets start the nerf train again shit they should wait 6 month to nerf by that time people would learn ways out of things n stop crying.brainless people cry smart people learn to deal and find out ways around, but not in the noob part of the fighting game base smh.(noob=masher/random/cry without learning /not on this website)(amateur=new/willing to learn)ps.sorry LITs drinks got me going over board.

The Gabriel

Mean Man
Come on guys...this forum is sorely lacking in new technology. We got off on a tangent with the reset nerf nonsense and haven't gone back since.

We need new combos, setups, punishes for bad match-ups, etc.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Ok i need to know, what is ares saying in one of the clashes? I hear "fly like a goblin" but i dont think hes saying that lol

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Ok i need to know, what is ares saying in one of the clashes? I hear "fly like a goblin" but i dont think hes saying that lol
There's his generic comments like:

This is war!
I thrive on conflict!
You face the God of War!
This conflict fuels me!
Don't fear your death...

Then character specific comments:
Against Aquaman:
A fish out of water!
Actually I am...

Against Wonder Woman:
Foolish girl!
Then more you shall have!

There's more than what I have listed here, just the ones that I know from the top of my head.