What's new

General/Other Behold mine spikes of villainy! - Ares General Discussion

Eddyward

Noob
Can anyone explain how Ares used his invisibility in the comics? I don't know much of anything about him, and I just find it strange that the God of War would hide in the shadows.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I like how fast he can switch between all his trait stances. Makes he think he's able to force reactions out of you.

He could be built around conditioning like Noob... Though with all his options I can't see them being safe.

drivingblind666

No Reason To Live, But I Like It That Way.
WHOA!Ares is BADASS! :eek:
I never heard of the DC version of Ares before this. Was he badass in the comics too?

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
There are tumbleweeds in here. I'll see if I can't get GGA 16 bit or one of the confirmed game owners to come talk to you guys for some QA time or something.

JJocelot

Don't give up!
Yeah Ares needs some more love. Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer to see some good strats and BnB's to dive into.

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
Some things I noticed

If you do his 123 or his 33 string you can link u4 for a standing reset.
Also his 3d2 combo can be linked into his floor slam thingy and mb for a juggle (seems like it could lead to b23 or wall bounce)

teh_jawNie

Teh God Himself
Hes the only character ive played so far that i like but i feel like hes super slow and it feels like he doesnt really have many options while being rushed down. When i go to punish with his tele the only way to hit the people is with d4 but when its on cool down -_- the people are always out of range to hit them with a combo. Idk if anyone else has this problem but people i have no freakin clue what to do when everyone i play just jumps the whole time.

themule

Noob
I like to use straight axe if they're jumping a lot. It has a huge hitbox and does a bunch of damage.

I kinda have a similar problem punishing after teleport. I usually try to to use 112, but they often end up to far away or they start mashing d1 when I teleport and they crouch under it and knock me out of the string. I'm sure there's a good solution, he has a bunch of strings that advance forward and they're all safe so even if mistime it there's no need to get punished. I'm just not familiar enough with the character to know what the best options are yet.

I'm not sure how good is teleport actually is. It seems kind of slow, on both ends. It can be difficult to teleport out of the way of projectiles and strings on reaction, and if you make a bad read and teleport while they're not doing something the recovery is long enough that they can easily blow you up. I'm not sure if it's actually bad, but it's definitely not something that'll be able to be easily abused - especially as people start learning how it works and how to punish it. It might end up being something that's used mostly in combos and for oki. I was hoping I could use it like Raidens and teleport out of shit whenever I wanted.

He definitely has a good footsies game though. There's a lot left to explore

Ariel MK

Noob
Hol friends, Well and finally today I begin to inquire about the game and what is chiefly Ares, is that I have 10% of the experience to review what would be the best options, but what if I tell them is that Ares is a very good character and must get the potential, I think the teleporth could not be used as some use it with raiden in mk9, this is go teleporth to not abuse it, teleporth in the case should be thrown one little advance in order to punish it safely even clear what you can expect, I last about three hours training with Ares, knowing their moves and basic combos and I realized that Ares is not a character to be looking both to the other, it is rather to control certain distance and put a system of punishment and at the same time control the defense well, Ares is a good character, the little I have seen and learned with me says it is a character worth polishing.

The game is fairly new, and things are going to be discovered, The bad and the good of all the characters, there's no reason and it makes little sense to start saying that this character is bad.

Ares is punisher characetr at best. Become cofmortable with d1 as fast and cover up close and pretty safe for most stuff since he still blocking.

Also empty jumping helps alot. Basically Ares need to not play linear and respond to oppoents action. If facing heavy zoning than make your self invisble appraoch slowly.

If being rush
1. use d1 poke to make them approach with caution as d1 into triat games.
2. Push blocking to reset the momentum./ or clash if available
3. Jumping while this does expose you in some cases, it does minimize your opponents damage out put.