What's new

General/Other Behold mine spikes of villainy! - Ares General Discussion

The Gabriel

Mean Man
are we going off match testing or frame data? because from other character forums it seems like all of the new patched frame data is wrong

4x4lo8o

Noob
I tested the d4 and dd4 changes. They're legit. Or at least they match the frame data(d4 seems +15 and dd4 seems +5, they're definitely both positive on block), it's possible they were actually like that before and they just made the frame data accurate, but I don't think so.

I don't know about the 3 and b1 changes. The frame data the game lists is the same as before, and a 1 frame difference in start up is hard to test. xInfra Deadx, where'd you get that from?

The hit advantage stuff might all just be fixes of the listed game data as opposed to changes in gameplay. I want to say some of his combos feel different because of it, but I could be imagining it

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I tested the d4 and dd4 changes. They're legit. Or at least they match the frame data, it's possible they were actually like that before and they just made the frame data accurate, but I don't think so.

I don't know about the 3 and b1 changes. The frame data the game lists is the same as before, and a 1 frame difference in start up is hard to test. xInfra Deadx, where'd you get that from?

The hit advantage stuff might all be fixes. I want to say some of his combos feel different because of it, but I could be imagining it
It could be fixing certain areas of frame data, but we'll see when they release the patch notes...

since they raped green lantern i think im going all out on ares. Lets see what i can come up with

I'm curious, how did they rape green lantern? I wasn't aware he was affected by either of the last couple patches.

And what's the deal with ares? He looks pretty interesting and I'm trying to mess around with more of the cast. He looks like fun, but I hear a lot of stuff about him being low tier. I don't mind not playing top tier, but my blood pressure can't take playing a character that requires a lot of work, but not for a whole lot of reward.

Ill be checking out the video guide tomorrow(or later today after I've awoken) but if someone could give me a basic overview of the character and how y'all feel about him it would be greatly appreciated.

Squizz

Corps Speedster
When Ares wins he says "you cant beat me at my own game". Breakthrough thread here guys, Ares coded this game, not Ed Boon. Thats why this forum is war, we are just feeding Ares.

4x4lo8o

Noob
idk it might be because of the cancel advantage off of 11? it's probably not that practical but I thought it was kewl. maybe other characters can delay their 112 too
This is really interesting. I didn't get to mess with it much yet, but you can delay enough that on block there's a gap they can reversal or poke out of.

It happens with Hawkgirls 112 string as well. Except for her if you delay it the 2 will whiff. I wonder if it's a glitch.

I don't know about practical uses. Maybe if you're trying to delay just slightly while your trait is recharging? Seems like the time is so small it's unlikely that will make a difference.
It'd be good if 2 were an overhead, you'd have a mix up with 11 delayed 2 and 11, d1

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Trying to pick this guy up because well, I messed with him a little bit during his star labs, nothing special. But then, I accidentally picked him instead of black adam and managed to have a lot of fun online with his zoning and teleport.

So far, I'm sorta nailing down his BnBs. 112, D4, J2, B23 and then either reset or B13.
Also that D1D4 thing is a neat way to get pokes.

Anyway, anyone have any more optimized combos? Any tips? I can't quite get a hang of when to do godsmacks or invibility or the best follow ups after a teleport.

Did anyone know that you can delay the last hit of 112? I never knew this and it might work for some other moves too.
This is really interesting. I didn't get to mess with it much yet, but you can delay enough that on block there's a gap they can reversal or poke out of.

It happens with Hawkgirls 112 string as well. Except for her if you delay it the 2 will whiff. I wonder if it's a glitch.

I don't know about practical uses. Maybe if you're trying to delay just slightly while your trait is recharging? Seems like the time is so small it's unlikely that will make a difference.
It'd be good if 2 were an overhead, you'd have a mix up with 11 delayed 2 and 11, d1
This is really cool, though I haven't been able to find many practical uses aside from the obvious hit-confirm.

Past that, my guess is NRS intended it to be used primarily for direction ambiguous situations whence Ares' opponent is airborne. The 11 string will hit airborne opponents that are--essentially--directly above Ares' head (e. g. in training mode, hit opponent with f3 then dash forward and link 112). Delaying the final hit of the 112 string allows the opponent to fall further, ensuring the 2 hits.

I'm not certain but it might also auto-correct. Will test more after work.

ryublaze

Noob
Idk if this was known but 22 low sword doesn't combo in the corner but if u hold the trait for like half a second then it'll combo.