What's new

General/Other Behold mine spikes of villainy! - Ares General Discussion

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Ares' Injustice in-game model is pretty big though. If they don't want to mess with the hitboxes too much, they'd probably have to make New 52 old-man Ares all huge, like Master Roshi from Dragonball Z
Well fortunately, not really as it turns out. From the video of his super, Ol' Man Ares would work out fine as a costume. He'd just be a tall old man. This guy doesn't have a bulky model at all.

Speaking of that video, I was underwhelmed by his super. After the first half of it I was expecting it to end with a SPARTA kick to hell, but I was disappoint. Gonna be funny as hell to see that happen to Green Arrow though.

Looks like his trait is to swap between a zweihänder and an axe?

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
I actually liked his super one or two things could have been changed a little but definately better than some of the others

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
If we're not allowed to post this, tell me so that I can take it down.

Deeeeeleted.

No leaked ANYTHING is allowed. Thank you for asking though. -Wonder_Chef

NeverAsked4This

Sarif Industries: Private Security Officer
If we're not allowed to post this, tell me so that I can take it down.
The only thing that bothers me is how he grows. He just sort of expands. I think they could have done something to make it more aesthetically pleasing and/or dynamic. Like, maybe a puff of smoke to sort of obscure the growth animation, or maybe you don't actually see him grow directly, but the camera is angled so you only see his shadow and you only see his shadow grow all huge before he smashes you. That would have been cool.

Even though it looks a little odd to me, I still like that super a lot. Probably one of my favorite in the game actually. The whole arrows on the battlefield thing just looks so cinematic and awesome.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
ares has a ridiculous teleport, the start up is 20frames, but the recovery is almost instant i believe, his trait summons a sword or axe in different posistions. there a low attack one, and over head and a projectile. his projectile seems to be the fastest in the game from what i saw, not even cpu from demo would be able to jump that shit everytime lol he can turn invisible as well. that is all i saw from him, but hopefully we find out more, i'll you guys posted :)

man i want weapons flying forward, backward, out of the ground, out of the air

I want weapons that fly diagonally, weapons coming out of weapons, I want Ares throwing motherfuckers into weapons

weapons Weapons WEAPONS D:<
So basically Bloody Marie and Peacock. They throw everything at you.

Reactions: RYX

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
ares has a ridiculous teleport, the start up is 20frames, but the recovery is almost instant i believe, his trait summons a sword or axe in different posistions. there a low attack one, and over head and a projectile. his projectile seems to be the fastest in the game from what i saw, not even cpu from demo would be able to jump that shit everytime lol he can turn invisible as well. that is all i saw from him, but hopefully we find out more, i'll you guys posted :)
Since you can't post it, can I ask you what to type in to find the vid?

Big Frog

Noob

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Since you can't post it, can I ask you what to type in to find the vid?
it wasn't a video, it was a google+ hangout with someone who has a leaked version, so yeah i got a lot of info, feel free to ask questions, i try to answer them to the best of my ability :)

Espio

Kokomo
I was not familiar with Ares at all prior to this game, but he reminds me of the Gauntlet Dark Legacy boss/main villain, Skorne.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Speaking of that video, I was underwhelmed by his super. After the first half of it I was expecting it to end with a SPARTA kick to hell, but I was disappoint.
Aw man, his super is one of the most spectular from the whole cast imo

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
For me hes one of the coolest looking characters in game and hes zoner so theres a good chance I will main him ;d

DangerousBacon

Mechanical Engineering Bitch!
Well fortunately, not really as it turns out. From the video of his super, Ol' Man Ares would work out fine as a costume. He'd just be a tall old man. This guy doesn't have a bulky model at all.

Speaking of that video, I was underwhelmed by his super. After the first half of it I was expecting it to end with a SPARTA kick to hell, but I was disappoint. Gonna be funny as hell to see that happen to Green Arrow though.

Looks like his trait is to swap between a zweihänder and an axe?

That's not his trait. He isn't holding a weapon in his neutral stance so I don't see him being a stance changing character like Wonder Woman and Nightwing. From what I've heard, his trait allows you to summon 3 different weapons. 1 above his opponent for an overhead, 1 below his opponent for a low, and 1 behind himself for whatever reason.