What's new

General/Other Behold mine spikes of villainy! - Ares General Discussion

Crathen

Death is my business
Teleport is gonna be huge , seems like they fixed the trait sword in the corner but i didn't see if those were the optimal combos.

Also MB teleport can be used to link into combos , i definately saw 112xxMB teleport x4 combing into 60%.

Crathen

Death is my business
If he can link 112 MB Tele into 3d2 MB GS that's gonna be MONSTER damage ( probably not gonna happen tho ) , even a simple 112 MB tele into 112xxd2 is easily gonna be upper 40%.

Also theorizing but follow me , 112 string is +21 and he can get another 112 wich starts up in 8 frames , b1 is +19 on hit so the advantage is near there if he can b1xxMB Tele into 112xxd4 that's gonna be a great whiff punisher for 1 bar.

InFlames

dead
His MB Tele is better than I expected. Maybe he WILL have ambiguous setups after blockstrings.

EDIT: His corner damage will be huge with full meter, possible 70%?

If only we could link our trait into a special. Standing resets with not exactly 50/50's, but somewhat reactable mixups that we can mixup.

4x4lo8o

Noob
I missed it, is the 112~mb tele, 112 thing a combo or a reset?

If it combos we probably just found our first new bnb:
112~mb tele, 112~d4, j2, b23, 3d2 or some variation for over 40%

Also, 112 becomes brutal with your back to the corner.
How much do you think 112~mb tele,112~d4 ,f23, b13 does?

Frame traps and mixups off mb tele look very possible now.

Crathen

Death is my business
It comboes, hopefully b1xxmb tele 112d4 comboes too so he can really punish moves with pushback, mb directional tele could open up a few other cross jump mixup from strings too, it looks really good

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
I missed it, is the 112~mb tele, 112 thing a combo or a reset?

If it combos we probably just found our first new bnb:
112~mb tele, 112~d4, j2, b23, 3d2 or some variation for over 40%

Also, 112 becomes brutal with your back to the corner.
How much do you think 112~mb tele,112~d4 ,f23, b13 does?

Frame traps and mixups off mb tele look very possible now.
If your near corner you already can do 50% combos no meter requiered.
This is gonna be huge with the new potential

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
so ares has seriously become scary now.. heres a little useful tdbit of tech i found with him right now..

if you do b21 mb tele behind, you are at around plus 3-5 on block and can get a d1 mixup. if timd right the opponent cannot jump the d1 after the tele. and if you hit them with the b21 you can still combo with d1 sword.. scary stuff