What's new

Match-up Discussion Becoming the Pope - The General Zod Matchup Thread

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
U wanna possibly do some tech stuff tonight?

I was gonna show u but ill just tell u. I've added a whole new bag of tricks w my rush down and boy does it work and actually opens up all other options more

SPECIFICALLY awesome vs Aquaman who can not trait out of f3 hit when rushed down by ZOD and connects it

It's why we can't do 12 MB laser anywhere cause it's a free out for him
That makes sense! I might add that slash~f3 combos if you "plink" it. Might be counter prdouctive in the AM matchup, but in frame traps he won't have time to trait up on reaction.

And as for tech stream: Since we live in such different timezones and you seem to stream incredibly late:p I think I need to know if you are going to stream in advance to join you. I just woke up to make myself ready for a lecture today, and it is what, 00:30 in Atlanta?:p

SimSim

this combo is very hard :(
After f3, you jump forward 2 in to normal zod ball, then right after you hit, you press 4, then jump forward and do j2 xx slow ball, then simply jump forward and do j2 xx fast ball, dash, 112 xx ender

You can add another slash in your combo if that helps you, as it doesn't alter the damage.

I got the combo down pretty fast. Should be possible to do consistently

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
That makes sense! I might add that slash~f3 combos if you "plink" it. Might be counter prdouctive in the AM matchup, but in frame traps he won't have time to trait up on reaction.

And as for tech stream: Since we live in such different timezones and you seem to stream incredibly late:p I think I need to know if you are going to stream in advance to join you. I just woke up to make myself ready for a lecture today, and it is what, 00:30 in Atlanta?:p
yea its 12:24 now

how many hours difference?

Pig Of The Hut

After f3, you jump forward 2 in to normal zod ball, then right after you hit, you press 4, then jump forward and do j2 xx slow ball, then simply jump forward and do j2 xx fast ball, dash, 112 xx ender

You can add another slash in your combo if that helps you, as it doesn't alter the damage.

I got the combo down pretty fast. Should be possible to do consistently
only one i can do consistently is f3 ji3 late before landing then 4 then 34 112 zc 39% :(

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Zod wins 6-4 because of jump back zod ball and thats literally almost all you have to do until trait is back. Then you get to just mix me up for free or just chip me a bunch.

Hitting him out of jump back zod ball with Black magic and not trading is extrememely hard. He just outzones and out chips Adam all over the board.

The only way to really take control is to force Zod to the corner and hope he doesnt escape, he does to Black Adam what Black Adam does to 90% of the cast.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
AK Pig Of The Hut

Here's one for you then, since you seem to be using Trait.

f3 ji3(late) d4 charge heat zap j2 xx Zod Ball 123 PS. Does 42% without meter

Not doing the Zod ball, but doing a MB PS will still do 43%

SimSim

AK Pig Of The Hut

Here's one for you then, since you seem to be using Trait.

f3 ji3(late) d4 charge heat zap j2 xx Zod Ball 123 PS. Does 42% without meter

Not doing the Zod ball, but doing a MB PS will still do 43%
Forgot you could d4 them and just time a ground blast!:p

Edit: I found your combo much harder to do than the one I mentioned, because you have to time the blast to hit as the trait throws Aquaman away and it's hard to do the j2 xx ball after this. I can do my combo 9/10 times now with little pratice. I might have described the timing wrong though. Here is a video of it:

You actually need to do the first slash, after the j2 xx ball, late.

Pig Of The Hut

Forgot you could d4 them and just time a ground blast!:p

Edit: I found your combo much harder to do than the one I mentioned, because you have to time the blast to hit as the trait throws Aquaman away and it's hard to do the j2 xx ball after this. I can do my combo 9/10 times now with little pratice. I might have described the timing wrong though. Here is a video of it:

You actually need to do the first slash, after the j2 xx ball, late.
I'm gonna really work on this

Hate how u make it look so easy lol

I will definitely not do this in tourney till I reach it on the 10:10 rule

But ill work on it and a vita version and PC version coming will help a lot because I travel a lot

Pig Of The Hut

dude SimSim im getting it

what i can pretty much do all the time now is

f3 ji2 slow ball trait ji2 med ball 112 zc

working on finishing it now

SimSim

false alarm

im havign issues man hitting a ball after ji2 , sometimes ball too high or ball nvr comes out

So annoying i dont know why

So i have a41% i hit 10 /10 times

After f3, j2 xx it's better to do normal ball than slow ball, as it won't miss even if you mess up the timing a little. As for balls not coming out: Try to go neutral as you jump before you hit 2, then do the fireball motion. The important part is starting the motion after you hit the j2. 41% is still good though, so don't fret:p

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
After f3, j2 xx it's better to do normal ball than slow ball, as it won't miss even if you mess up the timing a little. As for balls not coming out: Try to go neutral as you jump before you hit 2, then do the fireball motion. The important part is starting the motion after you hit the j2. 41% is still good though, so don't fret:p
I may be flapping my gums here, im at work so I can't check, but can you link F3 with 123 and build something from that? Maybe dash in after 123?