What's new

Match-up Discussion Becoming the Pope - The General Zod Matchup Thread

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
Another thing you could do Pig is 123 and Zod Ball(normal). It'll beat Fear Blast since that has no invincibility, and since Sting has such a vast recovery, you can actually dash up and punish. I think the only thing it loses to is Super. I mean it leaves you negative advantage on block, but a slow speed Zod ball will leave you even, produce mostly the same results, or trade favorably with (Fear Blast trades with ball, you get free dashes or Trait

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
So replace MB laser w 22 ps?

Also I wanna explore your video where u show 22 combos into charged reg laser.......? Do u need trait or this?

Also can u move to america? We will feed u and house u lol

Well what about this:
j3, 112 (+5) - Now you are at perfect max throw range - Maybe 3 (10 startup) xx laser MB (If they get hit by the frame trap you will miss them as they fly across the screen though, but I am sure you could charge close laser and react to hit/block)

22 xx fully charged laser only combos if you slash them with trait right before it explodes sadly.

I don't know what the future will bring, but it doesn't look like I'll be coming to America to live there any time soon haha:p

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Another thing you could do Pig is 123 and Zod Ball(normal). It'll beat Fear Blast since that has no invincibility, and since Sting has such a vast recovery, you can actually dash up and punish. I think the only thing it loses to is Super. I mean it leaves you negative advantage on block, but a slow speed Zod ball will leave you even, produce mostly the same results, or trade favorably with (Fear Blast trades with ball, you get free dashes or Trait
Yea I always do that for OKi

Pig Of The Hut

Well what about this:
j3, 112 (+5) - Now you are at perfect max throw range - Maybe 3 (10 startup) xx laser MB (If they get hit by the frame trap you will miss them as they fly across the screen though, but I am sure you could charge close laser and react to hit/block)

22 xx fully charged laser only combos if you slash them with trait right before it explodes sadly.

I don't know what the future will bring, but it doesn't look like I'll be coming to America to live there any time soon haha:p
Can't the opponent d1 before 112 even off ji3?

If not that's awesome

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
inb4 anyone says "I played yadda yadda yadda's sinestro and won"

If you're not playing p2w or cowboy you're NOT playing the mu

period
You know, I've never really understood this argument. Not saying that p2w and Cowboy probably aren't the best Sinestro's. They are the best Sinestro players. However, the idea that unless you play those specific people, out of about the hundred or so people who play this game, you'll have no understanding of the match-up seems a bit exaggerated to me.

So if you were someone preparing for a major, unless you played these two specific people, who may live several states away from you, may play on a different system than you, there is no way you can know how to fight a certain character? I'm not trying to be an ass. Really, I'm not. It's just that this argument has never made any sense to me at all.

It's basically saying, "Unless you fight X and Y, who you may never have a chance to play outside of an event ever, you will lose."

Perhaps I'm missing something. I mean, every character in the game has a set of tools. If you study the frames, look at the tools, and practice scenarios...how can you have no knowledge of the match-up? I'm not saying that training mode or practice will teach you everything. Obviously not. Still, to say that unless you play two specific people out of the hundreds who play Injustice, even still out of the several more people who play this game well, that the average player looking to learn and get better may only see at a tourney itself, seems a bit out there to me. Perhaps you could explain further. Or tell me to die in a fire. I'm perfectly cool with that, too.

Just curious.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Zoning is hard to do well.

Sinestro is the best zoner in the game

Therefore, Wound and p2w are the best zoners and most regular sinestros aren't

Zod is a great zoner

Sinestro is a better zoner

Zod has to play sinestro's game

Bad MU

Rude

Zoning is hard to do well.

Sinestro is the best zoner in the game

Therefore, Wound and p2w are the best zoners and most regular sinestros aren't

Zod is a great zoner

Sinestro is a better zoner

Zod has to play sinestro's game

Bad MU
Absolutely, but I think you missed what I was asking. Sure, they're the best. But to say that you can't learn the match-up unless you play those two specific people?

I'm not saying Zod wins. I'm agreeing that point.

Pig Of The Hut

You know, I've never really understood this argument. Not saying that p2w and Cowboy probably aren't the best Sinestro's. They are the best Sinestro players. However, the idea that unless you play those specific people, out of about the hundred or so people who play this game, you'll have no understanding of the match-up seems a bit exaggerated to me.

So if you were someone preparing for a major, unless you played these two specific people, who may live several states away from you, may play on a different system than you, there is no way you can know how to fight a certain character? I'm not trying to be an ass. Really, I'm not. It's just that this argument has never made any sense to me at all.

It's basically saying, "Unless you fight X and Y, who you may never have a chance to play outside of an event ever, you will lose."

Perhaps I'm missing something. I mean, every character in the game has a set of tools. If you study the frames, look at the tools, and practice scenarios...how can you have no knowledge of the match-up? I'm not saying that training mode or practice will teach you everything. Obviously not. Still, to say that unless you play two specific people out of the hundreds who play Injustice, even still out of the several more people who play this game well, that the average player looking to learn and get better may only see at a tourney itself, seems a bit out there to me. Perhaps you could explain further. Or tell me to die in a fire. I'm perfectly cool with that, too.

Just curious.
You will never know how a MU truly is without playing the best of each character

Kenshi: free to cross ups! WRONG!! All others are
You go to a major and I blow up those who trained incorrectly

Shang gets zoned out: wrong, shitty shangs do
Woundcowboy proceeds to destroy all that try

I do not train w 7th rate flash players because I learn nothing. I only wanna play w the best of the best , players who play each character at highest level and use the tools to the best of their ability

You learn nothing playing mediocre players

Pig Of The Hut

Absolutely, but I think you missed what I was asking. Sure, they're the best. But to say that you can't learn the match-up unless you play those two specific people?

I'm not saying Zod wins. I'm agreeing that point.
If I judged Aquaman vs ZOD based on shitty and mediocre players id say ZOD wins 7-3

Rude

If I judged Aquaman vs ZOD based on shitty and mediocre players id say ZOD wins 7-3
I see. Still, isn't there an implication that unless they're Tom or Riyo, people that not everyone who wants to get better have access to, that they can never learn how to fight that character? Or there could be an implication that anyone who isn't widely known is a bad AM by default.

Pig Of The Hut

I see. Still, isn't there an implication that unless they're Tom or Riyo, people that not everyone who wants to get better have access to, that they can never learn how to fight that character? Or there could be an implication that anyone who isn't widely known is a bad AM by default.
What?

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
I see. But doesn't that implicate that, unless you have Tom or Reo that not everyone have access to, you can never learn how to fight those characters (That Tom or Reo use at the highest level)? Or it could implicate that anyone who isn't a widely known Aquaman player is a bad AM by defult.

Pig Of The Hut

I see. But doesn't that implicate that, unless you have Tom or Reo that not everyone have access to, you can never learn how to fight those characters (That Tom or Reo use at the highest level)? Or it could implicate that anyone who isn't a widely known Aquaman player is a bad AM by defult.
Makes sense

Personally I play everyone so I know who is who but my statement above covers people who play nothing but ranked and randoms and then proceed to make MU charts

I haven't released a MU chart yet because still there a top players w each character I need to play that I won't be able to till NEc

Colonel-Gilgamesh

No, he is not. Zod is but requires more work and execution.

There is plenty of room for improvement in the Sinestro match.
I disagree. Zod comes in 2nd or 3rd best zoner. Leaning towards second. For me, if Zod had a mid projectile that didn't take 2 seconds to fire and recover from he'd be 1. Or was conditional

I'm leaving the 2nd spot up for grabs incase the other character forums step it up

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I disagree. Zod comes in 2nd or 3rd best zoner. Leaning towards second. For me, if Zod had a mid projectile that didn't take 2 seconds to fire and recover from he'd be 1. Or was conditional

I'm leaving the 2nd spot up for grabs incase the other character forums step it up
The lack of a mid-hitting projectile is compensated by having the best trait in the game.

Also, Zod zones the top tier characters more efficiently than Sinestro, who wishes he had the following tools.

- phantom strike
- ability to control the air safely
- ability to position opponent almost full screen away and be at a significant advantage
- trait charges automatically

I am the pickiest player in this community as far as zoning goes, so trust me when I say that Zod's zoning is the best.

Even if Zod loses 6:4 to Sinestro, which is debatable, nothing changes. Smoke outzoned Freddy, yet Freddy's zoning was clearly superior than Smoke's in all match ups but the Smoke one.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

The lack of a mid-hitting projectile is compensated by having the best trait in the game.

Also, Zod zones the top tier characters more efficiently than Sinestro, who wishes he had the following tools.

- phantom strike
- ability to control the air safely
- ability to position opponent almost full screen away and be at a significant advantage
- trait charges automatically

I am the pickiest player in this community as far as zoning goes, so trust me when I say that Zod's zoning is the best.

Even if Zod loses 6:4 to Sinestro, which is debatable, nothing changes. Smoke outzoned Freddy, yet Freddy's zoning was clearly superior than Smoke's in all match ups but the Smoke one.
You forgot strong mid screen control. I cannot claim to be as experienced as you, and I agree Zod is strong, but while there is something to be said about ease of use. Projectiles, as with all moves, must balance utility and effectiveness. Zod is almost a mirror image of Sinestro, and are super similar. Zod isn't as effective, but has more utility, while Sinestro's projectiles have more general effectiveness but with less ways to use them. And both essentially build to the same goal: buy time until trait is up. And that's why they are the two strongest in the game, because their zoning serves two purposes. But that's off topic. The reason I give for Sinestro is because there is an inherent power to a move that's just good or requires little thought because it's up to your opponent to deal with it. You have the power in this scenario. And with a move that requires more thought, like Zod balls, is powered more by a players individual skill to use the move. Which means if your own proficiency isn't up to the task, this vital skill may just blow up in your face.

I will elaborate more when I get home with better examples and coherency. At work and sending over phone