What's new

Batgirl Vortex can be punished

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator

not trying to join in on the hating going on here but,
maybe you should change the title to 2u3 punishable rather than vortex punishable.
that kind of suggests all options are punishable,ya know?

as suggested test this stuff pretty heavy because scorpions 1/df1 both 6 frames and both can be blocked by batgirl after 2u3 (even set stick to turbo at one point to make sure wasnt missing any frames)

also just for informations sake that it was mentioned earlier in thread about gap between b2d3/b2u3, you can backdash both before 2nd hit but b2 to b1 will catch most characters backdashes

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Yeah, I would add that this is ONLY for the overhead option. the low string is only -2 and is not punishable. I have no clue how people did not know this already lol. #DatRefuseToLookAtFrameDataWarrior

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Dammmmmnnnnn ....

The rudeness on tym when people go out of their way to tell the community useful information is sickening man. Kevo is confusing everyone by not putting on the OP that its distance dependent when she ends the vortex with B2D3 for the plus frames then goes directly into B2U3, but still, wtf?

It works with some characters for sure like Lobo so why is there so much hostility when something new came to our attention?

This reminds me of when i tried to explain that you could block overhead mmh teleports by walking forward if you guess the overhead is coming on reaction to the startup animation. The mmh forum was calling me all kinds of shit for reasons i STILL don't understand.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Why have you still not edited your thread with that piece of information. Are you too stupid or too lazy? :tonyt

Someone ban this guy from the forums if he hasn't edited his OP in the next 20 minutes.
I edited it lol

SonicFox5000

The Best.
I already told ppl before it was unsafe lol. The thing is, if you do B2 U3, it has lots of pushback, and if you hold crouch, for some random reason, it reduces the frame advantage you have making it go from -7 to randomly -6 or -5

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I already told ppl before it was unsafe lol. The thing is, if you do B2 U3, it has lots of pushback, and if you hold crouch, for some random reason, it reduces the frame advantage you have making it go from -7 to randomly -6 or -5

More concrete info to make people understand more, good stuff Fox.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
Will you be using Starfox in the the new Smash Bros, or will you do the right thing and use Star Wolf if Wolf is in the game?
It should be obvious lol.
More concrete info to make people understand more, good stuff Fox.
So pretty much there are 2 things that you will almost never do.
1: Have the person right in your face so that its only b2 u3. Thats because your asking to be punished. You would normally space or do a ji2 b2 u3 because the ji2 causes pushback, and so does the b2 u3 AND if you crouch, it makes you less negative for nrs logic.
2: B2 d3 can all be canceled into specials, so you wouldnt just b2 d3 to get punished by a 6 frame. Most of the stuff kevo posted IS indeed true, but thats if I didnt space you.

KevoDaMaN

The 6
Kevo we need to talk lol. Dont give a full video and list explanation yet, I need to show you why this wont work!
It will imam show you later if you need me just call but it works with most char all the time and its something I have to run pass you later today

SonicFox5000

The Best.
It will imam show you later if you need me just call but it works with most char all the time and its something I have to run pass you later today
Ill show you everything Kevo. Everything! Just don't post anymore tech yet. Not even Batgirl's 6 Frame reversal will work and I will show you why due to NRS failing to understand frame data.