What's new

Batgirl Vortex can be punished

I don't get how much of this is news. B2U3 has always been slightly unsafe. What distance you do it from only changes the pushback, not that actual blockstun.

So it's more a range thing than anything else. Batgirl's own Flying bat and stuff like NW D1 and Superman Super will punish it free.

There is a magic range where you can get the computer to not attempt a reversal during the string, but those get stuffed anyway.

That does mean, that like Green Lanterns B13, you can backdash after BG's B2 and punish the 2nd part of the string easily.

If you can somehow get it to hit later in its active frames, it would theoretically be safer, but since its the 2nd hit of the string...

The way to combat this as Batgirl can vary.

Since B2U3 and B2D3-BF3 will both be punished by D1's (mostly), canceling B2 or B2D3 into something that can beat D1's (like DB33), is worth throwing into your gameplan.

Bounce cancel is good as a changeup, but F3 is slower than redemption, I'm sure they can backdash out if they wanted to.

I don't think b2 can be hit-confirmed into u3/d3. I've heard people talking about that lately but can anybody do that? I tried and it feels like a guess. I don't have super great reactions though...
Meh. It's kinda possible, if you can "confirm" if they're ducking as opposed to trying to confirm the hit. The 2nd hit of the string can be done kinda late. B2D3 is stricter.