What's new

Batgirl Vortex can be punished

SonicFox5000

The Best.
Technically the overhead part of the vortex is advantage if you just do b2d3bf3, which is what you should be doing if you want to stay 100% safe. MB the bf3 for a full combo, it won't MB on block and will be +1
Also, Read my previous post about why you can't punish B2 U3~

Crathen

Death is my business
B2d3xx bf3 has a 9 frame gap so it's actually punishable , b2u3 is -7 so only moves with a 6 frame startup ( with no travel time ) will punish it ( batmans 1 , WoWo d1 as example but not BA d1) but there's another layer to it , if you crouch block the (b2)u3 there's more pushback so some normals will either whiff or add travel time frames making b2u3 unpunishable ( for example WoWo d1 after crouchblocking b2u3 will whiff where on standblock it will connect ) but stand blocking b2u3 opens you up for b2d3 so you even gotta guess if you use certain characters.

I know batman can always punish b2u3 even on crouchblock.

Any character without 7 frame impact move cannot punish this.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Couple things.

B2d3 xx MB Redemption is a combo starter, yes. It does have a gap. However, I kind of prefer b2d3 xx bounce cancel f3. I don't think there is a gap in bounce cancels, it gives you an overhead, low, overhead mix-up instead of just overhead, and on block you're about +6 or +5.

Also...I don't think people understand what "on reaction" actually means. Like...not even a little.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
There is really no thing BG does that is safe, she is all about taking risks. The vortex itself is all risk in itself, but there nearly endless ways to get the vortex started, but only 2 options to keep it going either go low or go high.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I'm going to wait on Fox before I put any comment in, but you should edit the OP to separate the guys who can't from the guys you don't know can. People who play the characters you don't know could test it out then.

Flagg

Noob
Dammmmmnnnnn ....

The rudeness on tym when people go out of their way to tell the community useful information is sickening man. Kevo is confusing everyone by not putting on the OP that its distance dependent when she ends the vortex with B2D3 for the plus frames then goes directly into B2U3, but still, wtf?

It works with some characters for sure like Lobo so why is there so much hostility when something new came to our attention?

This reminds me of when i tried to explain that you could block overhead mmh teleports by walking forward if you guess the overhead is coming on reaction to the startup animation. The mmh forum was calling me all kinds of shit for reasons i STILL don't understand.
Cause a good percentage of this community are sychophantic assholes always looking for someone to hit that "like" button on their douchebag posts.

Anyway, my XBox is KAPUT! Please dont hate me TYM for Microsoft poorly cobbled together machinery.

Anywho, I cant remember, but I "think" Lobo's standing 1 is 7 frames? Im not 100% certain of that, but isn't this vortex punishable by 7 frame moves or faster? Sure Lobo's d1 is 6 frames, but if the window is tight, then hitting d1 into something like a special would probably be really hard. 112 or 113 or 12 however...

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Batgirl is basically always safe in her vortex.

b2 is 0 on block and can be hitconfirmed into u3 or d3 (with tight timing). Therefore she can always remain 0 on block (or -2/+1 if using low starter).

The u3 of b2u3 causes pushback on crouching chars making it virtually nonpunishable to almost all the cast. You can however standing block it, but risk getting blown up by b2d3.

b2d3 is -6 on block, but I haven't done extensive testing on it yet so I can't comment. b2d3~bf3 is +1 on block, but has a 9frame gap that can be interrupted or backdashed out of.

b2u3/d3 also has a gap after the b2 that can be backdashed with certain chars, but I haven't been able to whiff punish after it yet.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
That's a shame. I wanted to test shit and get games in. Ah, well.

Anywho, I cant remember, but I "think" Lobo's standing 1 is 7 frames? Im not 100% certain of that, but isn't this vortex punishable by 7 frame moves or faster? Sure Lobo's d1 is 6 frames, but if the window is tight, then hitting d1 into something like a special would probably be really hard. 112 or 113 or 12 however...

yep, lobo's stand 1 is 7f startup. But punishing with D1 xx trait low shot is the way to go.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Batgirl is basically always safe in her vortex.

b2 is 0 on block and can be hitconfirmed into u3 or d3 (with tight timing). Therefore she can always remain 0 on block (or -2/+1 if using low starter).

I don't think b2 can be hit-confirmed into u3/d3. I've heard people talking about that lately but can anybody do that? I tried and it feels like a guess. I don't have super great reactions though...