What's new

General/Other Batgirl confirmed in Xbox Live Downloadable Content Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
Again, do you think the average casual gamer even knows who the hell Ed Boon is? You are still talking about the hardcore community who bleed Fighting games, not the majority. Again, it's extra, don't want Batgirl, don't buy her, it's actually very simple. You are not entitled to extra chars, key word being extra in this scenario.

Saying "no one" is saying everybody and obviously that's incredibly ignorant considering the money she pulls in for DC. I guess the massive amount of people who wanted to see her in the last 3 batman films SURELY don't want to see her in a FG, according to Chengler logic
Sure, people are generalizing that everyone hates Batgirl as DLC. But you're generalizing that everyone is arrogantly stubborn when the reality is; a ton of people wanted Martian Manhunter-- not everyone, but a lot more people wanted him then who we're getting. Any personal distaste for Batgirl that you are seeing is more about people being upset it was Martian Manhunter or a more preferable choice (such as Black Canary) that got left out, and less about Batgirl being the DLC choice.
We know she's extra. We get it. No one is obligated to buy it, but the whole point is that her being the second DLC choice over characters a lot of people (not all people, mind you, since you'll pounce solely on my choice of words being too generalizing) would consider far worthier of DLC. Everyone I know personally felt something equivalent to; 'It sucks Martian Manhunter isn't in the inital roster, but at least he'll surely be DLC,' because that was a logical presumption. So when you see 90 out of 100 people in this forum upset that Batgirl, (and probably Zod, and Scorpion too) are the DLC choices, it is not because they are ungrateful for any extra characters, it's because on average, most people are disappointed with Batgirl being picked over MMH, Red Hood, Poison Ivy, Black Canary when the latter were the majority of DLC requests.

People are also upset that they purchased the season pass with the logical picks in mind (MMH for one), when the DLC choices were clearly from left field, and were hardly requested. I'm relieved I didn't purchase the Season Pass, because I now only plan on buying Lobo. Sure, you could argue that's narrow-minded to completely disregard characters solely because you don't like them even though they may play well or be tournament worthy, but that's how I pick my mains. I don't go by tier, I go with who I like, hence my maining of Black Adam, Hawkgirl, and Sinestro.

I like Batgirl as a character, I really do. I read the comic every month. Does that automatically mean I'm happy she's DLC? Nope. I'd of preferred Martian Manhunter, or Black Manta, or Black Canary, or almost anyone else for that matter.

And again, you're right. She's extra, and I don't have to buy her, so I'm not. In most peoples opinions (which I should point out, "most" being a synonym of "majority"-- a la the most important amount of people), the potential for highly requested characters that didn't make the initial roster, has just been wasted.

EDIT: Also, I don't know, and have never heard a single person that wanted Batgirl to appear in the Nolan trilogy. Now you're generalizing.

tazzmission

Banned
I didn't know MMH before Injustice.
But I did know Batgirl before Injustice. Because of the popularity of the Batman universe.
heh no worries i still have zero clue on alot of these charachters like blue beetle ect

that is why i enjoyed shows like batman brave and the bold and young justice until dc decided to cancel them

Batgirl? I'm sorry...

BAT-FUCKING-GIRL?

What the fuck kind of drugs are the guys at NRS on? What happened to the "no clones, just skins" thing? Why would you make BATGIRL DLC over someone like Martian Manhunter who would actually sell? Now, thankfully the tweet that Mikayel sent to the official page today gives me some hope that Scorpion won't make it, but seriously... IF HE DOES...

But hey, at least I got Zod. I'm fine with him being DLC 'cos he's a freaking BAWSS but he still should have been a skin, really.
lol'd so hard at this, i get your pain.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Batgirl will sell better overall because she is known to the non hardcore dc fans. MMH is only known by people who read comics a lot.
yeah .... truly here

People hated Freddy being in MK9, but, regarding profit feedback return data, Ed Boons didn't say that him was the most profitable DLC from all four released for MK9 ?

this way, Batgirl will sell well , in theory .... fanboys will buy, and, even us, will buy her for curiosity purpose, just like people , who at first, hated Freddy to hell, but, in the end, along some time passed by, ended buying him anyway in MK9, for fun purpose, to test him, of just to have all DLC content released, no matter what .... hehe :p:D

KCJ506

Noob
Megaman: Capcom had a falling out with the creator and felt Zero was a good enough representative of the MM franchise.
I don't think Capcom having a falling out with Inafune was the issue. If that were the case, I doubt Zero would have made it in either as he's Inafune's favorite character.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
tbh Batgirl might play different or be a decent character but the point is she shouldnt be in at all she literally brings nothing new to the table and was requested by almost no one, ive been on multiple forums for this game since last august and i can count on my fingers how many requests ive seen for her. no matter how good she seems there a lots of characters who would be a lot more interesting and unique than her who got left out just so we could get batman part 3

tazzmission

Banned
tbh Batgirl might play different or be a decent character but the point is she shouldnt be in at all she literally brings nothing new to the table and was requested by almost no one, ive been on multiple forums for this game since last august and i can count on my fingers how many requests ive seen for her. no matter how good she seems there a lots of characters who would be a lot more interesting and unique than her who got left out just so we could get batman part 3
what she gona do pull a jade from mk9 and do a sexy little poll dance wile throwing ladyrangs at her opponent?

Vagrant

Noob
why ufgt why noht for real or are you just a trash talker with a big mouth and a sucky personality?

So you come on to a game site to challenge people to fights.... Thats cool... In fact. I'm at bar 3 doing a show with mushroomhead right now in Rockford. Come on out. Hope you have dental insurance.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I can quote wikipedia from any number of characters.

When it comes to relevancy now, and when it comes to demand in the game now, you have nothing.
I can only dumb myself down for so long trying to explain simple things. You have a poll on twitter, which encompasses a very small amount of people who bought the game. I provide evidence of her worldwide overall popularity and your response is "I can quote wikipedia from any number of characters" failing again to address the point that is right in front you. Did you bother to read the links? You will see how many comics she has starred in. Just because YOU don't like her doesn't mean the majority of DC fans don't (and they kind of clearly do. Clearly)

Neclord

Noob
So because you didn't know of him then a lot of "casual" people don't know of him? MMH was a HUGE part of the insanely popular Justice League cartoon that ran for years. People know who MMH is.
Maybe. But I'm still saying that more people in the world know Batgirl more than MMH. Just because she has the "Bat" in her name.

Hell I could ask my friends and family, nobody knows about MMH, but some of them will for sure know who Batgirl is.

Chengler

Milky Holmes
I can only dumb myself down for so long trying to explain simple things. You have a poll on twitter, which encompasses a very small amount of people who bought the game. I provide evidence of her worldwide overall popularity and your response is "I can quote wikipedia from any number of characters" failing again to address the point that is right in front you. Did you bother to read the links? You will see how many comics she has starred in. Just because YOU don't like her doesn't mean the majority of DC fans don't (and they kind of clearly do. Clearly)
You talk about how many comics she has been in, then in the same thought pattern, dismiss hardcore fans.

Well, which is it? She hasn't been in any meaningful Media outside comics. She was never a highly popular character in anything.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow

Again, why should popularity matter when, instead of getting, say, 15 percent more people to buy a character you can get a small amount of people interested in a character that isn't as well known and increase long term sales of said character?

tazzmission

Banned
You talk about how many comics she has been in, then in the same thought pattern, dismiss hardcore fans.

Well, which is it? She hasn't been in any meaningful Media outside comics. She was never a highly popular character in anything.
the only time i ever recall her being a big deal was from the 1960's show of batman thats really it

i could throw in batman and robin but thats not fair to the bat girl fans so yea i wont use that

KCJ506

Noob
Batgirl will sell better overall because she is known to the non hardcore dc fans. MMH is only known by people who read comics a lot.
I'm not even that big of a comic buff. I usually learn about the more obscure characters from people on forums and look them up on wikipedia. My first exposure to MMH was the JL cartoon. Which made me a fan.

Even though I have no doubt NRS can make Batgirl and Zod play different from Batman and Superman, MMH would have offered more variety. And most non comics fans that are familiar with Batgirl probably mainly know her from Batman & Robin.

Status
Not open for further replies.