What's new

General/Other Batgirl confirmed in Xbox Live Downloadable Content Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuryofFrog

the Neon Night Rider
Lobo is one to appease hardcore fans and that's it (as far as DLC apparently) with three casuals (including Zod as it's a MoS tie-in thing). If they're trying to maximize profits for a potential second round of DLC then they should have the most well-known or recognizable people that casuals will buy: Lobo/Zod are wild horses; Batgirl, again, is not gonna bring in a significant amount more than Martian Manhunter; Scorpion will sell.

"Cult following" does not equal great sells.
IMO

Lobo - Boon probably loves him. He is ultra violent, hes a riff on the extremeness of Marvel, he has many little attributes that Boon personally loves. I'm sure a guy like Scorpion could have been inspired by the likes of Lobo.

Batgirl - Not an obvious choice but she is one of the best characters in the DC pantheon currently. She is not simply eye candy, and watching her recover from her PTSD has been a really cool journey so far. She is a character that women can read and not feel over powered with cheese cake and stuff of the like. The fact that shes is in Injustice reads like an apology from DC for trying to throw Gail Simone off the book, a love letter to the female audience, a way to cash in on Bat Family, and a personal developer choice (Someone in NRS loves 60's Batgirl)

Scorpion - Not only is he easy to do, he is the mascot for NRS. Its not for MK guys its for the NRS guys. Got that Scorpion stamp of approval. Its putting that Netherrealm "We made this, you better recognize" and also probably a test to see how an MK character works with Injustice mechanics such as back to block. Possible future for MK, who knows.

Zod - He is in the new Zack Snyder Superman movie. He is Zod. You will kneel before him.

But seriously, Superman is a hero that WB has been trying to get on Batman level for years. The fact that Batman is still their best character to market is a personal fail for DC and so more aggressive Superman is needed to boost popularity. Nostalgia likes the Terrence Stamp Zod and new Zack Snyder Zod will bring in people who will want to play as him when the movie comes out. What other Superman villains would you like to play as? Darkseid? Bizarro? I think Supes rogue gallery is pretty weak and so this makes for a strong choice.

I would hope that my logic in this is accurate. I also hope that after these characters a round 2 will show up based on fans alone. Wishful thinking but I can hardly damn NRS especially after Injustice is so enjoyable in the first place.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
If the sizes are wrong then who's to say what her actual size is and, as I said, Batgirl would be a different character technically: Different model, intro/outro, supermove, hit/hurtbox, etc. She'd simply have the same moves/normals of Batman and be an "alt" for him.
That is really cute. Are you getting desperate?:16Bit

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
first off you made it personal with the flipping burgers comment and secondly i highly doubt any chick would merry you because your personality sucks and finally yea i didnt ask for your life story plus i would say it to your face but i dont want to be on fox news for fighting the mentally handicapped who suffers from autism
I have no issue, at all, w/people being upset but how you go about it makes you an adult or a spoiled ignorant child. When you act like the latter, I'll call you out on it, simple as that. It's just as simple as that. And yes, basing my personality over a batgirl forum is for sure how I landed a beautiful wife, good call. I mean, are you for real dude? Put your big boy pants on, grow up and have an adult conversation. If you can't, expect to be called on it, it's a very simple easy concept. And I'll fill in the blanks for you: You're 6'5, black, MMA trained right? It gets old after a while. Again, keep up w/the topic intelligently or get put on blast. Very simple to follow, I know you can do it, I believe in you

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
If the sizes are wrong then who's to say what her actual size is and, as I said, Batgirl would be a different character technically: Different model, intro/outro, supermove, hit/hurtbox, etc. She'd simply have the same moves/normals of Batman and be an "alt" for him.
nope dude you dont get there are no characters as alts why do you think we havent seen a john stewart green lanter? thats the most requested alt and if theyre doing genderswaps why not power girl? oh wait they arent NRS mislead us the same way they mislead us into thinking MMH was dlc but he isnt and Batgirl isnt a skin im 100% sure about it.

You guys haven't figured out why batgirl was selected have you? We all know how great they are when it comes to representing female anatomy and proportions. They wanted another female character, bat related of course since anything bat sells, and they figured out the solution to their anatomical and marketing quagmire. Batgirl .It's the easiest character for them to design. She has a mask and is bat related. Again, I praise NRS. Geniuses.

tazzmission

Banned
I have no issue, at all, w/people being upset but how you go about it makes you an adult or a spoiled ignorant child. When you act like the latter, I'll call you out on it, simple as that. It's just as simple as that. And yes, basing my personality over a batgirl forum is for sure how I landed a beautiful wife, good call. I mean, are you for real dude? Put your big boy pants on, grow up and have an adult conversation. If you can't, expect to be called on it, it's a very simple easy concept. And I'll fill in the blanks for you: You're 6'5, black, MMA trained right? It gets old after a while. Again, keep up w/the topic intelligently or get put on blast. Very simple to follow, I know you can do it, I believe in you
wait. you think im black? lol wow what an idiot and racist. also arent you supposed to be at work ruining the good old usa seeing as you basicly collapsed the housing market?

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
You guys haven't figured out why batgirl was selected have you? We all know how great they are when it comes to representing female anatomy and proportions. They wanted another female character, bat related of course since anything bat sells, and they figured out the solution to their anatomical and marketing quagmire. Batgirl .It's the easiest character for them to design. She has a mask and is bat related. Again, I praise NRS. Geniuses.
Tread carefully. If you display any sort of intelligence and see the big picture, you will be told to get knee pads and to suck off Ed Boon. I've been dealing w/the mass ignorance since page 8, it's bad.

tazzmission: I don't know what race you are, but for some reason, people always say that when they want their epenis to grow. Your race, sexuality, etc has no bearing on this conversation, but your intelligence does and based on your posts it leaves a lot to be desired

Isnt that false adv kinda? i know not really, but kinda like ALiens C Marines or w.e is going on w that?
Aliens was literally shown to everyone as this great game that looked beautiful and was amazing and all that. The season pass image showed 4 placeholder images with one character that looks a lot like Martian Ma- wait. Let's look at it again.
Hmm... I don't see the spikes. I also don't see "Martian Manhunter" covered in diamond studs with arrows pointing at one of the silhouettes, signifying they are in fact, Martian Manhunter. Last I checked, NRS showed this image. The image with the full body renders was NOT shown by NRS. Why are people actually looking at that image and thinking it's a legit render of those characters? Why would NRS even fuckin do that, make 3 placeholders and 1 really obvious looking guy. Boon's a troll, but that's just a waste of time. NRS didn't promise anything about this damned character. That poll with Professor Zoom? He asked which would you prefer to be in the game, that didn't mean Professor Zoom or MMH would in fact be in the game. All the fan demand? Well, Megaman was highly requested for MvC3, and nothing even happened for that character on his 10th anniversary. Take alllllll that away, and the only evidence of this guy being in the game is his model in the game. THATS IT. With that logic, Hugo Strange should be playable too. URGH, I don't wanna sound like I'm going off on the guy I just quoted, but DAMNIT PEOPLE THAT'S A CLEARLY FAKE IMAGE GEEZ.

trufenix

bye felicia
i agree that Black Adam is a clone that worked but that doesnt excuse Batgirl
well, Batgirl (any of them) is way more different from Batman than Shazam from Adam. She lacks his martial arts prowess, his physique, and his gadget arsenal.

You could draw a lot of parallels in the cast from a purely aesthetic standpoint and interpret them differently in game. Grundy and Bane are two very different grappler types. Joker and Harley (who have no formal combat style) are very different mid range characters. Green Arrow has a bow / arrow but he functions better at rush down than zoning. Nightwing has a weapon he doesn't even use in the comics.

There's a ton of ways they could go Barbara and not tread on Batman's feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.