What's new

Breakthrough Batgirl - Confirmed and Expect Her First Gameplay Soon!

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I hope she has a solid wakeup...

Im definitely cool with her as DLC and even ZOD... But Scorpion? smh's
I'm fine with Zod. It smells a bit funny because of the movie tie in, but outside that hes not a bad character. But for fucks sake, we REALLY needed a 7th batman character didn't we? We really needed a Mortal Kombat character while iconic people like Martian Manhunter serve as a decoration for a stage.

This whole DLC thing is badly thought out by NRS. Except Lobo, hes cool.

i would take brainiac over zod any day, even a really robotic cyborg superman with a sinestro ring, or darkseid... or even killer frost-esque livewire.

There are also 11k likes at this time, a high density of positive comments, and the DLC will be met with a high conversion, so I'm not convinced that your confirmation-bias leaden perspective paints an accurate portrait of reality.
didn't really see positive comments, and who doesn't like on facebook? they would like 9/11 if it were on facebook. i was just saying that a lot of people are mad, not the case with lobo (at least not as much)

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
There are also 11k likes at this time, a high density of positive comments, and the DLC will be met with a high conversion, so I'm not convinced that your confirmation-bias leaden perspective paints an accurate portrait of reality.
Yeah. People are disappointed, but they will still buy her. Plus she does have a fanbase. It isn't just the 5 or 6 of us on the forums. :16Bit

That's a given though. They can give anyone different gameplay. They can put in John Stewart in the game and make him radically different to Hal Jordan. Wouldn't be a good thing though.
Still better then an outright clone.

Though she is not my first choice out of anyone really to be DLC.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
she looks cool and badass ..... one more female char in the roster, let's see if NRS did their job, making her different from Batman, regarding moveset ....

Why does Zod bug you for the movie? Do you mean that the only reason he is in is because of the movie? That is somehow a bad thing?:16BitJust wondering.
the second thing, i know he'll probably make a lot of money if it's successful, i kinda get their decision but i would like a lot of superman characters over him.

lets see... darkseid, superboy (probably the most different super family character), power girl, mongul, cyborg superman (sinestro ring), livewire, he'l, bizarro, metallo, steel (an ally and pretty different). they choose the same powerset.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
she looks cool and badass ..... one more female char in the roster, let's see if NRS did their job, making her different from Batman, regarding moveset ....
I am about 99% sure they did their job. They would go into making Batgirl knowing the negative stigma they would get from people that don't understand how it is possible to make 2 similar people play different. Not like they hadn't already done so with Adam, Sinestro, and Bane. :16Bit

or they want to take advantage of the movie's popularity to gain money off a character?
I'm fine with them doing that, I just don't get why they couldn't have just made him a skin? It's not like people don't pay for skins or hell make him a skin that you get when you buy one of the DLC. You can promote the movie with a skin and fill the character slot with someone else.

I am about 99% sure they did their job. They would go into making Batgirl knowing the negative stigma they would get from people that don't understand how it is possible to make 2 similar people play different. Not like they hadn't already done so with Adam, Sinestro, and Bane. :16Bit
green lantern has 2 characters, so does shazam, batman? 7. i get it he's popular, but give someone else a little push, if not things will never change.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
green lantern has 2 characters, so does shazam, batman? 7. i get it he's popular, but give someone else a little push, if not things will never change.
I was responding to a guy who thought they MIGHT not play too differently. The amount of Batman characters in the game is irrelevant. :16Bit