What's new

Breakthrough Batgirl - Confirmed and Expect Her First Gameplay Soon!

He was found in the same files as Lobo and Batgirl.

Plus, the movie is coming out soon. It's all for marketing.

It's ok, you got your Batgirl. Be happy.
I bet it is for movie marketing. We got what we pay for though and extra to be fair. they could have easily just sold us 4 random characters with no costume bonuses. Instead we get flashpoint skins and by the looks of it 1 extra costume for a character with each character released giving us 4 characters 7 skins for 1200 MS points :) I'm good with that considering I paid for SSF4:AE which was really just 2 new characters.

Mulder

King of Heroes
Also for advertising.......the Arrow skin was free. I have no clue why they'd do something different.

Skitzo

Noob
I actually would like to hear Boon's & Hector's responses to some of the hate

I mean, they did say no more batman characters lol & the thing with dlc being for characters who would have like no chance on the original roster

but meh, oh well

Eddyward

Noob
I'm sure DC Comics advised NRS to make Zod an actual playable DLC character because of Man of Steel; they wouldn't just want him to be a skin when they have such a film coming out. I really don't doubt him being in the game at all. Even before the rumored list came out, I thought he had a big chance of being DLC. If there was anyone I doubted the most it was Batgirl - out of the actual DC characters that were rumored at least. Personally, I can see how Zod would be quite different from Superman gameplay-wise. He has much more of a militaristic theme than Superman. This was the same exact issue with Batgirl and Batman - similar gadgets and theme.

But there are many "clone" characters in general that are written to have the same powers or abilities, but in a fighting game, you can technically make anyone play differently by changing mechanics and animations. You could say that everyone in Tekken is the same just because they only punch and kick, but we all know there's much more to it than that. Especially with a game like Injustice, where there are character powers and meter burn variants of special moves, there are so many mechanics that can be designed to make a character play extremely unique. Animations alone can change the whole feel of a character, and there's a multitude of other things NRS can design.

I'm sure DC Comics advised NRS to make Zod an actual playable DLC character because of Man of Steel; they wouldn't just want him to be a skin when they have such a film coming out. I really don't doubt him being in the game at all. Even before the rumored list came out, I thought he had a big chance of being DLC. If there was anyone I doubted the most it was Batgirl - out of the actual DC characters that were rumored at least. Personally, I can see how Zod would be quite different from Superman gameplay-wise. He has much more of a militaristic theme than Superman. This was the same exact issue with Batgirl and Batman - similar gadgets and theme.

But there are many "clone" characters in general that are written to have the same powers or abilities, but in a fighting game, you can technically make anyone play differently by changing mechanics and animations. You could say that everyone in Tekken is the same just because they only punch and kick, but we all know there's much more to it than that. Especially with a game like Injustice, where there are character powers and meter burn variants of special moves, there are so many mechanics that can be designed to make a character play extremely unique. Animations alone can change the whole feel of a character, and there's a multitude of other things NRS can design.
i still see spikes on her head and a bat symbol, i want to see blonde hair and fishnets :joker:

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!

Thank you. Your logic is astounding. The Batgirl part is because she has SOME of the best selling DC comics consistently. :16Bit So naturally DC used the same logic as with the Man of Steel. Riding the promotional movies and comics to conceive a mutual benefit for DC and NRS. Same thing with Scorpion.

Mulder

King of Heroes

Except that someone paying to buy a character......just to promote a movie? If so then DC certaintly changed their policy for Arrow.