What's new

Breakthrough Batgirl - Confirmed and Expect Her First Gameplay Soon!

Sami

Noob
Please don't take this as flamebait: As someone who isn't actually in to the DC universe (I like fighting games), why all the hate for Batgirl? Shit character, or just more famous/popular ones they could've included?

Komatose

The Prettiest
Please don't take this as flamebait: As someone who isn't actually in to the DC universe (I like fighting games), why all the hate for Batgirl? Shit character, or just more famous/popular ones they could've included?
People are mad solely because there are "too many Batman characters". That is it. Only reason.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
I'm still going on the Batgirl catching flack for Zod & scorp too...
She is one of DCs biggest franchises OG female heros....anyone who danced with Adam West should get a free pass...maybe I'm just not hipster enough to hate all bat things I guess

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Shes gonna be good?

how i know, because Lobo was even announced Chris G, said he would love Batgirl to eb DLC

"Cough" he already played her and knew how good she was

sea_guy

Monitor
If they wanted a female character they could have picked from Power Girl, Starfire, Zatanna, Supergirl, Black Canary, and so the list goes on of more popular, more interesting characters.

If they wanted a female bat character they could have put in Poison Ivy, who'd at the very least be visually unique and likely fun to play.

If they wanted a female bat character with "bat" in their name, they could have put in Batwoman, the actually interesting version of Batgirl. I guess gay characters don't get cross-promotion at DC yet, even if their books are on another level in terms of writing and art.

IrishMantis

Please tell me Chris G mentioned MMH.....
Unfortunately no.

Heres my Theory on how Batgirl was created

Batman was the first Char they created, and obviously they had to leave out some ideas so hes not OP

then they went on made other Chars, got better understanding of the physics, as they made more char tools, they got more Idea's for Batman

Joined both the throw away and new idea's and got Batgirl

people complained thats not enough females so they thought it killed 2 birds one stone kind of thing

if it helps just think of her as the way it worked with Sub and Cyber Sub

Mulder

King of Heroes
Unfortunately no.

Heres my Theory on how Batgirl was created

Batman was the first Char they created, and obviously they had to leave out some ideas so hes not OP

then they went on made other Chars, got better understanding of the physics, as they made more char tools, they got more Idea's for Batman

Joined both the throw away and new idea's and got Batgirl

people complained thats not enough females so they thought it killed 2 birds one stone kind of thing

if it helps just think of her as the way it worked with Sub and Cyber Sub
Who else did Chris G mention?

IrishMantis

no one, someone in either an interview or Stream asked Chris G who would he request as a DLC Char, and he said Batgirl, and mentioned by Art previously play testa's tested the DLC chars, so why would he guess her without known she was in the game
Who else did Chris G mention?

Mulder

King of Heroes
no one, someone in either an interview or Stream asked Chris G who would he request as a DLC Char, and he said Batgirl, and mentioned by Art previously play testa's tested the DLC chars, so why would he guess her without known she was in the game
Oh thank god. I was scared you'd say he had talked about Zod.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
As I said in the other thread, It wasn't a great idea and people on facebook and twitter are all hating it.

We didn't need more bat characters, and if we did, we had a lot better ones to pick. So, terrible choice NRS. I don't doubt they can make her unique in playstyle, but we don't play fighting games solely for playstyle, we also play it for the characters and the lore. And with a DC fighting game, having batgirl in a game that already has Batman, Nightwing, Catwoman, Bane, Joker and Harley Quinn is just extreme overkill.

I'm very disappointed with this. I did buy the season pass and I'm not happy. Not much I can do though, since my only course of action is now to be distrustful of NRS because It seems they cannot be given the benefit of the doubt that they would listen to fans. If anyone remembers, Batgirl came last in a poll Boon was running, yet somehow, despite losing by a landslide, she came in to the game. This tells me that either Boon has no control, and thus the fans won't be listened to, or that Boon doesn't care what the fans want, and thus they won't be listened to.

In either case, I'm not going to make the mistake of buying a season pass from NRS, and I will not support them with further purchase of cosmetic DLC.

As I said in the other thread, It wasn't a great idea and people on facebook and twitter are all hating it.

We didn't need more bat characters, and if we did, we had a lot better ones to pick. So, terrible choice NRS. I don't doubt they can make her unique in playstyle, but we don't play fighting games solely for playstyle, we also play it for the characters and the lore. And with a DC fighting game, having batgirl in a game that already has Batman, Nightwing, Catwoman, Bane, Joker and Harley Quinn is just extreme overkill.

I'm very disappointed with this. I did buy the season pass and I'm not happy. Not much I can do though, since my only course of action is now to be distrustful of NRS because It seems they cannot be given the benefit of the doubt that they would listen to fans. If anyone remembers, Batgirl came last in a poll Boon was running, yet somehow, despite losing by a landslide, she came in to the game. This tells me that either Boon has no control, and thus the fans won't be listened to, or that Boon doesn't care what the fans want, and thus they won't be listened to.

In either case, I'm not going to make the mistake of buying a season pass from NRS, and I will not support them with further purchase of cosmetic DLC.
I voted for her in that poll even knowing the odds. Power Girl won because tits. Plain and fucking simple.

JaredL

I voted for her in that poll even knowing the odds. Power Girl won because tits. Plain and fucking simple.
So, your vote matters more than everyone else, and everyone else made the wrong choice.

Lovely ego you have there.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Oh the universal "we" ...we don't want...we don't need...who is we...you and the mouse in your pocket...you don't speak or squeek for me...please don't assume you do...
Say I don't want...I don't need...I want...I need..sure it looks selfish and greedy...but really it is...its your opinion...own it...

JaredL

Oh the universal "we" ...we don't want...we don't need...who is we...you and the mouse in your pocket...you don't speak or squeek for me...please don't assume you do...
Say I don't want...I don't need...I want...I need..sure it looks selfish and greedy...but really it is...its your opinion...own it...
Polls speak for themselves.

As do reactions on facebook.

EvilNonsense

steals your stuff
They have an entire comic universe to pick from and we get this shit? You may as well change the name of the game to Batman and Friends.

Komatose

The Prettiest
Lmao, she's confirmed and she's going nowhere but into Injustice. Deal with it. You guys crying isn't going to do a damn thing so how about you go cry somewhere else about other things.

JaredL

Lmao, she's confirmed and she's going nowhere but into Injustice. Deal with it. You guys crying isn't going to do a damn thing so how about you go cry somewhere else about other things.
If people expressing their opinions on a public forum is anathema to you, might I reconsider not browsing a forum?

On a side note. Did anyone notice how weird the timing for the announcement was? Lobo isn't even out yet. Gameplay in a WEEK.

Feels like they got caught off guard.

Komatose

The Prettiest
If people expressing their opinions on a public forum is anathema to you, might I reconsider not browsing a forum?

On a side note. Did anyone notice how weird the timing for the announcement was? Lobo isn't even out yet. Gameplay in a WEEK.

Feels like they got caught off guard.
I don't dislike it. I think it's funny you all care this much lol. Complain all you want. Type out life stories until your fingers break off. Do I care? No. I got what I wanted. But you guys complaining and whining over something like this, will not change a thing. GG.