What's new

Match Footage BARAKA MATCH VIDEOS

Slego

The Saltan of Salt
I admittedly just walked in on this and read a few comments, but on the subject of 2 spears in a combo, it can set up an inescapable vortex if you follow up with b2 of f4, so it has it's uses.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
What's your point?

You are talking about My video vs. AX Holman right? And my point is I have improved my Baraka 200%. Hell I didnt even know about his awesome sweep, D4, d1 slices, how to punish properly etc.

So you very well may have destroyed my Raka back then. But that is irrelevant since it was 3 months ago. Yeah the guy was not a great Scorpion, it was his secondary. Is it a crime to not live up to your standards?

The Baraka community welcomes all to comment on videos, but be constructive and not a prick. Besides that saying Baraka is best used up close is actually incorrect. He excels the most at midscreen in range of D4 and blade charge. Dont sound so snobbish when you really dont know how Baraka plays. So unless you want to actually provide some constructive criticism(which is stupid btw, because it was 3 months ago) I suggest you go to another thread and leave your insults/e-peen stroking out of this one.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
baraka vs kabal :rolleyes:

1st time ive got the chance to see your raka,know that a old vid but still good stuff
how come we dont hear more of you at tournies?

Shadow Zero Kyo

(VSM) Leader of the Tarkatans and I am Shazam
baraka vs kabal, you mad man shadow! :congrats:

1st time ive got the chance to see your raka,know that a old vid but still good stuff
how come we dont hear more of you at tournies?
Thanks a bunch lol :).Yeah its patch version 1.04, before ex blade had full screen but baraka had that beautiful chop chop auto correct. I actually have been busy but I'm trying right now to start going to more tournaments. My next local might be apex next saturday and I've been playing pretty hard but its more difficult with no training partner whatsoever.

1man3letters

Thanks a bunch lol :).Yeah its patch version 1.04, before ex blade had full screen but baraka had that beautiful chop chop auto correct. I actually have been busy but I'm trying right now to start going to more tournaments. My next local might be apex next saturday and I've been playing pretty hard but its more difficult with no training partner whatsoever.
indeed chopchop auto correct was beast

good look next sat if end up going,is it getting rec/stream?

ye i know not having people to play offline sucks,have to travel to get mine,worth it though but mk doesnt have a hugh tourny scene in ireland so theres some matchs id dont get to play as much as id like

You know its funny how you take this so personal that you have to try and insult me by calling me a prick to comfort your obvious fragile gaming ego. 200% improvement! Really? Not that you care but just so you can put this into your soft-as-clay ego archive, I do play Barakas quite frequently with my friends and they are GREAT Baraka users. So just as you have improved 200% you say with Baraka, so have they lol. Be a true gamer and respond constructively and not like a kid sitting in his living room crying because he just can't win a match or beat a character.

You are talking about My video vs. AX Holman right? And my point is I have improved my Baraka 200%. Hell I didnt even know about his awesome sweep, D4, d1 slices, how to punish properly etc.

So you very well may have destroyed my Raka back then. But that is irrelevant since it was 3 months ago. Yeah the guy was not a great Scorpion, it was his secondary. Is it a crime to not live up to your standards?

The Baraka community welcomes all to comment on videos, but be constructive and not a prick. Besides that saying Baraka is best used up close is actually incorrect. He excels the most at midscreen in range of D4 and blade charge. Dont sound so snobbish when you really dont know how Baraka plays. So unless you want to actually provide some constructive criticism(which is stupid btw, because it was 3 months ago) I suggest you go to another thread and leave your insults/e-peen stroking out of this one.

You know its funny how you take this so personal that you have to try and insult me by calling me a prick to comfort your obvious fragile gaming ego. 200% improvement! Really? Not that you care but just so you can put this into your soft-as-clay ego archive, I do play Barakas quite frequently with my friends and they are GREAT Baraka users. So just as you have improved 200% you say with Baraka, so have they lol. Be a true gamer and respond constructively and not like a kid sitting in his living room crying because he just can't win a match or beat a character.

Shadow Zero Kyo

(VSM) Leader of the Tarkatans and I am Shazam
indeed chopchop auto correct was beast

good look next sat if end up going,is it getting rec/stream?

ye i know not having people to play offline sucks,have to travel to get mine,worth it though but mk doesnt have a hugh tourny scene in ireland so theres some matchs id dont get to play as much as id like
If I can make it far enough and have some videos from the tourny I'll post them, and yes it will be streamed.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
What part of "This was 3 months ago" and "Scorpion was his secondary" do you not understand. I'm taking this personal? I bet your friends play pretty good Baraka's. Good for them, you still seem to not want to contribute anything to the thread. I did respond constructively, saying how Baraka usually excels at midscreen range. Yes AX Holman did not have a great Scorpion, I understand that completely. I dont really see why you cannot let this go.
Now please, if you want to contribute some, do so. If your just going to keep throwing out personal attacks, stop wasting your time-_-

If I can make it far enough and have some videos from the tourny I'll post them, and yes it will be streamed.
Looking forward to it.

What part of "This was 3 months ago" and "Scorpion was his secondary" do you not understand. I'm taking this personal? I bet your friends play pretty good Baraka's. Good for them, you still seem to not want to contribute anything to the thread. I did respond constructively, saying how Baraka usually excels at midscreen range. Yes AX Holman did not have a great Scorpion, I understand that completely. I dont really see why you cannot let this go.
Now please, if you want to contribute some, do so. If your just going to keep throwing out personal attacks, stop wasting your time-_-

Looking forward to it.
I did let it go. I think you should too.

FlipinFlava

Kuya Andy
any tips for me based on the latest video i posted?

other than not punishing stuff or punishing incorrectly, i guess i also need to dash less because that's why i kept getting hit with the low hats

1man3letters

any tips for me based on the latest video i posted?

other than not punishing stuff or punishing incorrectly, i guess i also need to dash less because that's why i kept getting hit with the low hats
think you did held you own there, nice use of d1,d4 and 22 1+2 mixups

as you mentioned work on trying to spin lao out of them teles but wont work for ex tele obviously
on the low hats,charge comes out faster so if u get the imput 1st you'll get the damage, u did well to punish that one low hat with the jip reset combo

in advice,well my opinion anyway,i think you rushed lao to hard, you were touching distance most the match and getting in the position by your own choice alot of the time,yeah i know raka aint going to win this matchup at fullscreen but lao normals and pressure up close far outweighs raka's and his spin is better than ours so being straight out nose to nose with lao generally wont go well for raka unless lao fucks up

if i may comment.. bro don't waste your time arguing with that douche, the fact that he felt the need to enter this thread just to post the whole *if that was me using scorpion i would've/ could've won and this an that* thing speaks of his immaturity and proves he's just butt hurt at watching his hero scorpion lose in an mk fight... quit feeding the troll and ignore. ;)

1man3letters

some vids of my latest tourny,not all matches were recorded, ended up getting 3rd,losing to the people who got 1st and 2nd (usedforglue and kuro tao), still have alot of work to do with handeling my nerves, had so much new stuff i didnt use, my spin on hit tech worked nicely though (your going to have to wait for my raka guide for a explanation on that,unless ya can figure it out from the vids :p)
also i gave a little glimse of the horror show whiff tech (f2,4)

vs kenshi (naphiel)

vs cage (nutrient)

my two losses:

vs.kuro tao (kang)

vs.used for glue (cyrax) (labelled wrong)

VOR

Noob
Thanks for posting the vids, I enjoyed watching your Baraka. I have some questions if you don't mind. I noticed you don't use as much slices as I do. I've been using it to some success lately, but it seems to be pretty pokeable, and armorable, and I've just been trying to weigh out how much worth it really has. It's been serving me well though, been using lots of d1,d3, d4 slices. Kinda seems like something that could turn into a two-edged sword maybe. One thing I have not had much success with is f2 after 22 1+2 or a f4 reset, unless my opponent is in the corner and they are scared to death of b3 and they don't want to jump out. You had a little success with that. For me, it just seems to have pretty slow startup, and I can't scare people with it midscreen. Thoughts?

1man3letters

Thanks for posting the vids, I enjoyed watching your Baraka. I have some questions if you don't mind. I noticed you don't use as much slices as I do. I've been using it to some success lately, but it seems to be pretty pokeable, and armorable, and I've just been trying to weigh out how much worth it really has. It's been serving me well though, been using lots of d1,d3, d4 slices. Kinda seems like something that could turn into a two-edged sword maybe. One thing I have not had much success with is f2 after 22 1+2 or a f4 reset, unless my opponent is in the corner and they are scared to death of b3 and they don't want to jump out. You had a little success with that. For me, it just seems to have pretty slow startup, and I can't scare people with it midscreen. Thoughts?

hi VOR, sorry for the late reply, only got internet sorted in my new home

im glad you enjoyed the vids, some bits i crinch when i watch back,dang tourny nerves haha anyways...
no i dont mind at all,
on slices IMO d1/d3 slices is over rated alot the time,still good but im not going into the plus stuff as already been said 100 times over,but the bad,yes it is very pokable as d1/d3 canceladv isnt a good as canceling into slices from other normals, i use it off 121, 122 and f2 the most(switching with spin vs certain chars), chars like kabal,cage,sonya, radien,skarlet etc can really fuck you up if go to the poke~slices to often, dont get me wrong still a great tool, especially the ex but it does have it holes

on the f2 after reset,midscreen i use it alot really because of its range for me to cancel into slices/spin for meter build, in the corner i love f2~ex slices as so many people fear rakas low starter where the f2 is just as dangerous in corner damage wise.
like to use f2 alot in general, just to make my opp think about rakas overheads and not just the lows.
plus f2,4 is fucking amazing!

hi VOR, sorry for the late reply, only got internet sorted in my new home

im glad you enjoyed the vids, some bits i crinch when i watch back,dang tourny nerves haha anyways...
no i dont mind at all,
on slices IMO d1/d3 slices is over rated alot the time,still good but im not going into the plus stuff as already been said 100 times over,but the bad,yes it is very pokable as d1/d3 canceladv isnt a good as canceling into slices from other normals, i use it off 121, 122 and f2 the most(switching with spin vs certain chars), chars like kabal,cage,sonya, radien,skarlet etc can really fuck you up if go to the poke~slices to often, dont get me wrong still a great tool, especially the ex but it does have it holes

on the f2 after reset,midscreen i use it alot really because of its range for me to cancel into slices/spin for meter build, in the corner i love f2~ex slices as so many people fear rakas low starter where the f2 is just as dangerous in corner damage wise.
like to use f2 alot in general, just to make my opp think about rakas overheads and not just the lows.
plus f2,4 is fucking amazing!
Why u use F+2,Spin in certain matchups? I have no idea why

1man3letters

Why u use F+2,Spin in certain matchups? I have no idea why
to be out of range of certain chars pokes and certain special moves like kung spin for example
also against chars who are weak against d4,a blocked spin sets up better footsies as was mentioned by thtb before also