What's new

Match Footage BARAKA MATCH VIDEOS

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
So I had another Texas Bar Fights today, and this time two of my matches were recorded. Hopefully I will get them from @KidVegas within the next few days. I lost them both but they were both down to the last hit, so I dont really care(plus one was against a Kabal player).

Oh, and I also am starting to make a video describing how to best build meter with Baraka, because in my opinion he is the best meter builder in the game(or at least up there). So watch out for that too.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
So I had another Texas Bar Fights today, and this time two of my matches were recorded. Hopefully I will get them from @KidVegas within the next few days. I lost them both but they were both down to the last hit, so I dont really care(plus one was against a Kabal player).

Oh, and I also am starting to make a video describing how to best build meter with Baraka, because in my opinion he is the best meter builder in the game(or at least up there). So watch out for that too.
hope they turn up

emmm theres a whole thread on baraka meter building ;)

So I figured I'd record a few ranked matches online for fun and to see what you guys think.
I'm sorry for the absolutely abysmal quality, but my camera is just really crappy. :/

Great matches bro! I love the reptile fight the most. Online lag makes it tough as hell to punish his moves on block. You showed great fundamentals and knowledge of character play. Love the footsies on Nightwolf, Its tough as hell to punish him online. Good one bro!

1man3letters

thanks for the vids, do you play offline aswell?

if could offer a tip,while baraka's d4 is awesome be aware u can be jump kicked comboed if get too heavy with it.

also if u want to go for the high/low 50/50s after the 22 1+2,
go with b32~slices/spin for the safe low as b31 is -11 on block,you can hit confirm b32 into chop chop on hit for more damage
use f2~slices/spin for the safe overhead option

again thanks for the vids

Right now, no, I don't play offline. As soon as SwiftTomHanks gets his project running I will however.

I'm aware of the threat of JK combos, but until they show me that they're gonna counter me with 'em, then they'll eat D4 all day.
And on B31, I really try to save that until I'm like 90% certain they'll stand block. If I really don't think I'll read it right I'll go for B32xxslices.
If you look near the end of the Milleena match, you see the B32 but I messed up inputting the DF1.

But anyway, my pleasure. Lot of fun to record 'em. Might do a few more some time. :)

XXFleshtrapXX

imma eat choo!
Great matches man " That's cool...I love online" was classic. Why do most Baraka players do fatals? Because we have to work to get those wins, we earn those kills lol.

Ha, that's nothing compared to the kinds of shitfits I throw when things get really stupid.
I don't know if you caught it or not, but there was another comment I made earlier in the Kitana match where I mentioned that hitboxes magically get smaller while neutral-ducking. XD

1man3letters

already said it in the thread all the videos were posted in but ill say it again

"oh im just going to whiff punish that sweep....BAM!"
when will non baraka players cop on, we never whiff a b4 by mistake,we do it to... :REO get it in!

This is my tourney match against a Kabal player. Let me know what you guys think.
Nice match bro! You definitely had that one the bag but a few changes to your game would have made a big difference. Great Footsies Play!

1. When you had him the corner, you ate too many of his wake-ups. He pretty much ex-dash every time you pressured him. Could have bait and wait a bit more. Even if you let him get up for free, he would have to fight to get out rather than wake-up and reverse position so easily. Sometimes back up just outside jump punch distance and punish his attempts to escape. Raka is hella hard to escape from when cornered. D4 anti-air into charge - b11 - f44 - spin - chop - charge. Let them do the work

2. D3 and D4 his air blasts and standing blasts so you don't have to eat chip or be stuck on block stun. Keeps him from building as much meter while zoning. D3 recovers fastest as a projectile ducking tool.

3 Love the D3 footsies and cancels. Mix in throws once you condition them to block. I use D3/D4, 4 cancel into slices mix. 4 hits ducking opponents and changes the properties of slices so that all hits engage (prevents low hitbox characters from interrupting slices).

Zoidberg747

Nice match bro! You definitely had that one the bag but a few changes to your game would have made a big difference. Great Footsies Play!

1. When you had him the corner, you ate too many of his wake-ups. He pretty much ex-dash every time you pressured him. Could have bait and wait a bit more. Even if you let him get up for free, he would have to fight to get out rather than wake-up and reverse position so easily. Sometimes back up just outside jump punch distance and punish his attempts to escape. Raka is hella hard to escape from when cornered. D4 anti-air into charge - b11 - f44 - spin - chop - charge. Let them do the work

2. D3 and D4 his air blasts and standing blasts so you don't have to eat chip or be stuck on block stun. Keeps him from building as much meter while zoning. D3 recovers fastest as a projectile ducking tool.

3 Love the D3 footsies and cancels. Mix in throws once you condition them to block. I use D3/D4, 4 cancel into slices mix. 4 hits ducking opponents and changes the properties of slices so that all hits engage (prevents low hitbox characters from interrupting slices).
I really appreciate our criticisms and advice. Good stuff.

FlipinFlava

Kuya Andy
the OP needs to be updated too
no one is going to learn anything from watching my match from the first tournament i ever entered or from casuals from the old patch

1man3letters

the OP needs to be updated too
no one is going to learn anything from watching my match from the first tournament i ever entered or from casuals from the old patch
i could add in the other matches from other posts in the thread to the OP since loco doesnt seem to be active anymore,
since im not the OP though i dont think ill be removing the older patch vids,mods are meant to mod not delete plus i think its nice to see how baraka has progressed through not only the players but the patches aswell

also ill have about a hours worth of me playing baraka from a 6 hour stream me and some of the irish players did when they get uploaded to youtube rather than posting the archives from twitch

1man3letters

<snip>

match from last tourney. Not familiar with kitana so kind of choked.
thanks for the video,nice match.
really like your use of 4~slices instead of d1/d3 slices when vs kitanas low hitbox.
even though i love f24 it isnt that good against kitana when using it in the footsies battle,generally you'll just get fan to face or worse.
against her also try use d4 more against her wakeups than going for b3/f2 50/50s on knockdowns.stuffs alot of her options.

kitana is annoying for baraka,air fan vs charge being very annoying lol

As I've said before, I know near nothing of how to approach Skarlet as a character, but at least against that guy you were way too aggressive. Not knowing her strings and specials didn't help much either.

For Cyrax, also very aggressive. You need to be very selective with your attacks with him due to the huge damage factor.
Charge is great, of course, but as you saw you can get netted going for it too zealously. Train them to fear it and get in with D4s and F2s I find works best.
If they like to throw out close bombs to keep you off, you can check them with an occasional spark to deter it a bit.
AND STOP RANDOM EX CHARGING HMRHFDKJDNHFKJ

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Well, your main problem against Skarlet is that you keep charging her while she has meter which means she can armor you into overheads combo before you recover.

Also, slash and tp is very punishable and you mostly use spin whereas you can combo.

Zoidberg747

As I've said before, I know near nothing of how to approach Skarlet as a character, but at least against that guy you were way too aggressive. Not knowing her strings and specials didn't help much either.

For Cyrax, also very aggressive. You need to be very selective with your attacks with him due to the huge damage factor.
Charge is great, of course, but as you saw you can get netted going for it too zealously. Train them to fear it and get in with D4s and F2s I find works best.
If they like to throw out close bombs to keep you off, you can check them with an occasional spark to deter it a bit.
AND STOP RANDOM EX CHARGING HMRHFDKJDNHFKJ
The random EX charging is such a bad habit. I kick myself every time I do it lol. Also jumping when im about to lose a match. Im starting to take MK seriously again so hopefully I can iron these things out.

1man3letters

Zoidberg747

TheTetraSpirit brings up some very good points, you were blade charging way to much instead of using the "fear" of the charge,
alot of the time it seemed like you were just throwing them out hoping theyd hit and get 8% rather than controlling space with them.
playing wreckless against both skarlet or cyrax will lead to bad times

SaJa also brings up a good point with the charge vs skarlet with meter.
im very suprized u said said you dont have skarlet on your console, what other dlcs you missing?
if u havent ran the MU a good few times skarlet will just run over you

(maybe instead of kang/cage 1st i should do a write up on vs skarlet? played glues,frstacks and original razers skarlets so i feel i have a good handle on how to play the mu, its only a 4-6 so its not that bad at all, i find the MU really fun to play using baraka,mileena not so much)

Zoidberg747

Zoidberg747

TheTetraSpirit brings up some very good points, you were blade charging way to much instead of using the "fear" of the charge,
alot of the time it seemed like you were just throwing them out hoping theyd hit and get 8% rather than controlling space with them.
playing wreckless against both skarlet or cyrax will lead to bad times

SaJa also brings up a good point with the charge vs skarlet with meter.
im very suprized u said said you dont have skarlet on your console, what other dlcs you missing?
if u havent ran the MU a good few times skarlet will just run over you

(maybe instead of kang/cage 1st i should do a write up on vs skarlet? played glues,frstacks and original razers skarlets so i feel i have a good handle on how to play the mu, its only a 4-6 so its not that bad at all, i find the MU really fun to play using baraka,mileena not so much)
On ly skarlett. I have played against her before but not enough to be comfortable. If you could do a Skarlett guide that would be awesome. Im hoping since we have a tourney almost every other week here that I can start ironing out the kinks and putting up much better performances. Just gotta get my nerves under control.

Flagg

Noob
I have forayed into Skarlet before. In my opinion, she has the best "parry armour" in the game, as it just about beats any attack/wake up option with the exception of some of Kenshi's armoured moves. It is very fast and she can do it almost from full screen.

Dagger cancels from full to midscreen are like CSZ or Cyrax bombs, it's done to make you react and/or to get her to close distance. The dagger is like a long range poke.

I can't remember but some of her strings have gaps which should be enough to d1 or even spin out of.

She is best when she has armour and tragically, she usually always has armour due to her insane pressure. She's better than Baraka up close, does more damage and even builds meter better than him.

Her down and up slash, normal and ex can be punished on block. I think only her red dash slide is safe on block. It might not look it, but her teleport can also be punished on block.

Now, I know that she has a bit of a "wonky" hit box on her red slide, for instance, CSZ can ice parry that, even though it's supposedly a low hitting move. I would assume that Baraka could spin that. I think his spin would beat any of her red dash attacks, as long as they are not armoured.

She's quite tall in this game so I think her hitbox is pretty big, BUT she can make herself very small with d3.

She has no low starters. If you're that worried about the red dash, take a knock down rather than a launcher.

Zoidberg, I havent played her in a while, but we could do some casuals soon if you want to play Baraka vs Skarlet? I'll get the muscle memory going again with her. We can work out what works and what doesn't.