What's new

Match Footage BARAKA MATCH VIDEOS

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I have forayed into Skarlet before. In my opinion, she has the best "parry armour" in the game, as it just about beats any attack/wake up option with the exception of some of Kenshi's armoured moves. It is very fast and she can do it almost from full screen.

Dagger cancels from full to midscreen are like CSZ or Cyrax bombs, it's done to make you react and/or to get her to close distance. The dagger is like a long range poke.

I can't remember but some of her strings have gaps which should be enough to d1 or even spin out of.

She is best when she has armour and tragically, she usually always has armour due to her insane pressure. She's better than Baraka up close, does more damage and even builds meter better than him.

Her down and up slash, normal and ex can be punished on block. I think only her red dash slide is safe on block. It might not look it, but her teleport can also be punished on block.

Now, I know that she has a bit of a "wonky" hit box on her red slide, for instance, CSZ can ice parry that, even though it's supposedly a low hitting move. I would assume that Baraka could spin that. I think his spin would beat any of her red dash attacks, as long as they are not armoured.

She's quite tall in this game so I think her hitbox is pretty big, BUT she can make herself very small with d3.

She has no low starters. If you're that worried about the red dash, take a knock down rather than a launcher.

Zoidberg, I havent played her in a while, but we could do some casuals soon if you want to play Baraka vs Skarlet? I'll get the muscle memory going again with her. We can work out what works and what doesn't.
Ive actually been looking to get online again as well. Yeah that would be good.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
big update to OP,
removed footage of pre-patch baraka and online footage (still within the thread,just not in OP)
also had to commandeer 2nd post in thread as 1st post reached its media limit.

1man3letters

added khaotik vs tetra spirit from nec to OP
TheTetraSpirit when the other match you said was recorded vs riu turns up let me know or post it here so i can add to the the OP

1man3letters

TheTetraSpirit vs Krayzie from nec13 was just uploaded to spooky youtube

also pherleece when you upload the riu48 vs tetra match you said you had to your channel please post it here or let me know so i may add it to OP.
will add the new videos posted recently to OP later today

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Oh god...

The night before I got word that my sis was in the hospital, and my pool gets pushed back to Sunday against a matchup nobody should ever care to study. This wasn't my tournament, and I honestly don't deserve that win.

Tetra should have never told me he was unable to jump out.

Tournament Rule #1: Never talk to your opponent.

1man3letters

Oh god...

The night before I got word that my sis was in the hospital, and my pool gets pushed back to Sunday against a matchup nobody should ever care to study. This wasn't my tournament, and I honestly don't deserve that win.

sorry to hear about your sister, hope things have improved.

i wouldnt say never talk to your opponent, just not during that match.
also there are tourny going barakas so i suggest the whole kommunity at least have a basic knowledge of the baraka mu.
i love seeing baraka win but i hate seeing players getting away with stuff they shouldnt ever be allowed to through lack of opponent studying baraka.

Oh god...

That was just mild frustration venting. Be glad I didn't get full blown angry or a chair would likely have been thrown. <.<

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
sorry to hear about your sister, hope things have improved.

i wouldnt say never talk to your opponent, just not during that match.
also there are tourny going barakas so i suggest the whole kommunity at least have a basic knowledge of the baraka mu.
i love seeing baraka win but i hate seeing players getting away with stuff they shouldnt ever be allowed to through lack of opponent studying baraka.
Agreed.

And thanks man, things are gonna get better before SCR for sure.

That was just mild frustration venting. Be glad I didn't get full blown angry or a chair would likely have been thrown. <.<
That would of been hype... lol

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
1man3letters SomeCubanGuy TheTetraSpirit Zoidberg747

random b2s uppercuts and naked b32s were unintenional

in comparison with subs 22, which string do i use to poke my opponent to action? b32 slices? when do i have to use meter with mixups? help me improve my baby broraka

maybe going to a tourney with a 4 day old bawaka as a secondary isnt a good idea :cool:

Actually pretty good for being such a young character for you.
You've definitely done some of your homework on his traps, which is excellent.
One thing about them though that I have to say is, don't fuck around with stuff like 4xxSlices after one though. Stick to your main trap of F44 to catch them pressing buttons and your mix-ups when you feel they'll stay put.

Also, D4xxSlices needs to go. That's just worthless.
Other than that, very solid handle you've got on him. I'd just say try and be a little more methodical with him and wait people out a bit. He's not exactly fast enough to be running around so much.

And for using meter in mix-ups, I only use it on F2xxExSlices in the corner. B32xxExSlices is fine too if you don't wanna risk being so minus if they block a B31, but I'm very conservative with my meter in general that I just go for it.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Actually pretty good for being such a young character for you.
You've definitely done some of your homework on his traps, which is excellent.
One thing about them though that I have to say is, don't fuck around with stuff like 4xxSlices after one though. Stick to your main trap of F44 to catch them pressing buttons and your mix-ups when you feel they'll stay put.

Also, D4xxSlices needs to go. That's just worthless.
Other than that, very solid handle you've got on him. I'd just say try and be a little more methodical with him and wait people out a bit. He's not exactly fast enough to be running around so much.

And for using meter in mix-ups, I only use it on F2xxExSlices in the corner. B32xxExSlices is fine too if you don't wanna risk being so minus if they block a B31, but I'm very conservative with my meter in general that I just go for it.

The only thing about F44 is it does not buid nearly as much meter as 4 slices. It depends on the matchup if you want meter or not but if so, 4 slices is still a great option.