What's new

Match-up Discussion Bane's living MU Chart (v1.06/v.1.07)

Ah, you CAN also f2d it too. Just requires really fast timing, and I'm pretty sure it's more than 20 frames. Sometimes I input the CG too fast and catch his invincibility frames. Give it a try Doom.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Ah, you CAN also f2d it too. Just requires really fast timing, and I'm pretty sure it's more than 20 frames. Sometimes I input the CG too fast and catch his invincibility frames. Give it a try Doom.
You'd have to buffer it pretty damn fast, and it won't stuff them all. f.2.d is ~24 frames, maybe 21 or 22.
20 is the safest number because its both reliable and takes care of backdashes in some cases.

Hehe, yeah, I typically go for CG because of that; easiest to do and he can't slip out of it with trait. Honestly think it's too early to call the MU just yet; although I feel it's close to even at the moment, both sides haven't learned the full amount of dirt they can apply to each other.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Hehe, yeah, I typically go for CG because of that; easiest to do and he can't slip out of it with trait. Honestly think it's too early to call the MU just yet; although I feel it's close to even at the moment, both sides haven't learned the full amount of dirt they can apply to each other.
I personally go for b.23 since he can't jump out and its like +5 on block. b.23 into normal throw is so dirty against him.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
The thing is, once your trait is down, its a matter of one baited gatling gun.
We only need to get in once, as you probably know. The odds of you keeping us out indefinitely are much smaller than our odds of getting in.
Gl's trait comes back really fast. While GL waits for his trait to come back he has plenty of meter to burn. I'm pretty sure bane doesn't have armor in the air. Gl has an 8f d2 and 10f lift with insane range. Also how is bane's chance of getting in odds higher than gl keeping him out?
I'm pretty sure the odds are the same.

When bane gets in im not sure if its just completely over.
What do bane players do If the Gl player wakes up with mb f3?
Probably some kind of OS?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Gl's trait comes back really fast. While GL waits for his trait to come back he has plenty of meter to burn. I'm pretty sure bane doesn't have armor in the air. Gl has an 8f d2 and 10f lift with insane range. Also how is bane's chance of getting in odds higher than gl keeping him out?
I'm pretty sure the odds are the same.

When bane gets in im not sure if its just completely over.
What do bane players do If the Gl player wakes up with mb f3?
Probably some kind of OS?
You need that meter for damage, and while trait may come back quickly, its not quick enough. Bane never needs to play the air game, like... ever. His jump makes me think his muscles are filled with feather and helium. As for the chances of getting in, they get progressively better the less meter you have to work with. Its almost impossible, with his mobility and armor, to keep Bane out forever. Especially when you consider how long minigun's cooldown is. Its a free blockdash, and unless you MB it it'll only take 2 to get in. With only 4 meter possible, and with you needing at least 1 for other purposes, you have approx. 3 miniguns worth of time to spend keeping us away. As far as missles go, air missle is basically a charge cue and ground missle falls under the same area as minigun.

Considering us coming in is a matter of cost-free dashing while your attempts to keep us out cost resource and have risk of a much higher degree, the odds are in favour of the one who has the best chance of keeping the trend. In the war of attrition, its going to be Bane getting in at least twice or more per life bar.

The same thing we do to everyone who tries to wake-up with MB f.3, being lead-ins. Off of most of our wake-ups, you'll likely see at least a few b.2xxBP, d.2xxcharge, and the like. As far as GL goes, I think Mb f.3 is actually fast enough to click off of charge and still get stuffed, but its been a while since I tested that one. Bane has quite a few OS, yeah. Doing it to GL isn't the norm but if we see meter we know you'll want to push us back out so its all on the player. I usually do rolling pressure myself so its more a matter if you can get that MB f.3 out before the grab catches you.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
You need that meter for damage, and while trait may come back quickly, its not quick enough. Bane never needs to play the air game, like... ever. His jump makes me think his muscles are filled with feather and helium. As for the chances of getting in, they get progressively better the less meter you have to work with. Its almost impossible, with his mobility and armor, to keep Bane out forever. Especially when you consider how long minigun's cooldown is. Its a free blockdash, and unless you MB it it'll only take 2 to get in. With only 4 meter possible, and with you needing at least 1 for other purposes, you have approx. 3 miniguns worth of time to spend keeping us away. As far as missles go, air missle is basically a charge cue and ground missle falls under the same area as minigun.

Considering us coming in is a matter of cost-free dashing while your attempts to keep us out cost resource and have risk of a much higher degree, the odds are in favour of the one who has the best chance of keeping the trend. In the war of attrition, its going to be Bane getting in at least twice or more per life bar.

The same thing we do to everyone who tries to wake-up with MB f.3, being lead-ins. Off of most of our wake-ups, you'll likely see at least a few b.2xxBP, d.2xxcharge, and the like. As far as GL goes, I think Mb f.3 is actually fast enough to click off of charge and still get stuffed, but its been a while since I tested that one. Bane has quite a few OS, yeah. Doing it to GL isn't the norm but if we see meter we know you'll want to push us back out so its all on the player. I usually do rolling pressure myself so its more a matter if you can get that MB f.3 out before the grab catches you.
Oh yes Gl trait does come back fast enough for constant gatling gun in trait covering 3/4. Insta air rockets recover fast enough and wont be punished by charge. Dashing in can get you in but can also be punished by lift or b1 combo.
Gl can use all his meter zoning bane because he is also building it too.
Gl can win this match off pure zoning with trait coming back constantly.
Gl can definitely win this match and keep bane out the entire match. Very possible
I don't see any easy way of bane getting in besides extreme patience, getting a lucky floaty jump or Gl getting careless with his zoning.
Idk it just seem like it would be hard for him to get in similar to the grundy match I think.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Oh yes Gl trait does come back fast enough for constant gatling gun in trait covering 3/4. Insta air rockets recover fast enough and wont be punished by charge. Dashing in can get you in but can also be punished by lift or b1 combo.
Gl can use all his meter zoning bane because he is also building it too.
Gl can win this match off pure zoning with trait coming back constantly.
Gl can definitely win this match and keep bane out the entire match. Very possible
I don't see any easy way of bane getting in besides extreme patience, getting a lucky floaty jump or Gl getting careless with his zoning.
Idk it just seem like it would be hard for him to get in similar to the grundy match I think.
Each of those still gets covered in a matter of 2 dashes. The range is irrelevant because the pushback is the same when it comes to the dash count.

We don't need to punish air rockets, its just a means to get in your face.

Bane has dash cancels, but our dash recovers incredibly fast anyways. Unless you are making the read, you aren't punishing our dash anymore than KF's slide.

Yes, but much more slowly. He won't always have a bar of meter to spend, and GL will need that meter for when Bane does eventually get in.

I'd like to challenge that, I can make almost a guarantee that I can get in on any GL player at least once, and I'm not even that good of a Bane. While GL ~can~ win this off zoning alone, that would only be against a Bane so afraid of gatling that he never bothers to go in.

I say no, GL can keep Bane out for a bit but eventually Bane will get in, and you'll wish you'd saved that meter.

Patience is needed, but extreme? No, I don't think so. GL has some nice tools, but they are far from the end-all-be-all. The GL needs to mind their meter, or else once Bane does get in they won't have the means to get him back out again. You don't have the mobility to run as it is.

I can't tell if you mean its hard for us to get in on Grundy, or if Grundy has a hard time getting in on GL.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Each of those still gets covered in a matter of 2 dashes. The range is irrelevant because the pushback is the same when it comes to the dash count.

We don't need to punish air rockets, its just a means to get in your face.

Bane has dash cancels, but our dash recovers incredibly fast anyways. Unless you are making the read, you aren't punishing our dash anymore than KF's slide.

Yes, but much more slowly. He won't always have a bar of meter to spend, and GL will need that meter for when Bane does eventually get in.

I'd like to challenge that, I can make almost a guarantee that I can get in on any GL player at least once, and I'm not even that good of a Bane. While GL ~can~ win this off zoning alone, that would only be against a Bane so afraid of gatling that he never bothers to go in.

I say no, GL can keep Bane out for a bit but eventually Bane will get in, and you'll wish you'd saved that meter.

Patience is needed, but extreme? No, I don't think so. GL has some nice tools, but they are far from the end-all-be-all. The GL needs to mind their meter, or else once Bane does get in they won't have the means to get him back out again. You don't have the mobility to run as it is.

I can't tell if you mean its hard for us to get in on Grundy, or if Grundy has a hard time getting in on GL.
I meant to say GL plays this matchup like he plays the grundy matchup. Complete keep away and run away the entire match.

Yes at the highest lvl Gl players do make those kind of reads on dashing in but if the punish is mistimed then bane can cancel into do whatever armor move he wants string etc.

I don't think it matters if the bane player is scared or not, GL controls a lot more space then him. Bane will have to take a risk to get in at some point rather it be dashing in, jump, charge etc.

If bane doesn't start off getting in then he won't get in unless the GL player makes a mistake which does happen nobody is perfect.

GL doesn't need mobility to keep bane out. Most of his moves cover everywhere on the screen.
When GL doesn't have meter his trait is up. GL will always have meter and trait to keep bane away.
The only way bane is winning this matchup is if he gets in.

GL getting in on bane is probably not much of a good idea but GL can use his 50/50 for oki vs bane because bane's wakeup aren't that good either.

Idk it just seems like a winning matchup for GL.
GL controls everywhere on the screen besides when bane gets close and that's it.
GL can turtle all day in this matchup because charge is almost useless.

I kind of want to call it even but idk seems more GL favor.

GL is building more meter.
Can hold the life lead better
better spacing tools in this matchup. imo

its definitely a winnable matchup if bane gets in but I feel GL wins it.

Reactions: RYX

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Our wake-ups aren't that good? We have full invuln on all of our options barring like... ring toss and charge only gets half invuln.

GL can control space, but well enough to keep Bane out the entire time? It might work on Grundy, but on Bane I stand my ground that I could play any GL player at any level with just my low level of Bane and still manage to get in at least once. We are a lot, and I mean A LOT faster than Grundy.

You do need that mobility, by the by. Once you run out of meter, or even when you are running a little dry, you'll need to get away because Bane always has the option of going level 3 on your oki and you don't have the means or capability to stop him, so you need some way out.

Sure GL can hold onto a life lead, but then so can Bane. We don't even need charge outside of oki, our dash gets us in faster than anything. We can pressure you from morning to evening, and your entire plan has to be "keep away". Once it falls apart because we can clear the distance in two safe dashes, what then? I'm not doubting your prowess, but GL's keep away is nothing compared to the likes of what we face from Batman or Zod. Minigun is a nice tool, but you're right one mistake costs you dearly. Bane gets to make more mistakes and still be able to sink a life bar every time he gets in. GL has to rely on chip and that's about it, and once you are at a 71% life deficit no amount of miniguns is going to pull you back safely.

I feel that the MU is winnable for GL if the Bane player decides to respect every single option, but they don't have to and I'll call it even because once you go down, you stay down.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
"My mobility equals yours."

I request that Black Adam be put into 5-5.

Yeah I said it.
Oh shit, max is stepping up.
You sure man? You know this is putting some...
no...
ALL the Black Adam players on blast.

Going from a 8-2 to a 5-5 over the course of one patch...
Think about this man, once it happens theres no going back.

GGA Max

Oh shit, max is stepping up.
You sure man? You know this is putting some...
no...
ALL the Black Adam players on blast.

Going from a 8-2 to a 5-5 over the course of one patch...
Think about this man, once it happens theres no going back.
I know there will be consequences, and backlash. But, fuck it, let's be serious here. We know that as long as Bane can execute well, he can handle Adam.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Zatanna is pretty bad for Bane.
I don't see Black Adam beating bane 8-2 when Zatanna doesn't lol
It was 8-2 because while Zatanna is one of our worst MUs, we could still, eventually, catch her. Also her damage is average.
BA had the mobility, the damage, and you'd never catch a good one on your best day.
But now... Its different. I had it pegged for 6-4 his favour, but Max is now stepping up to plate.
Saying s 5-5.

It was 8-2 because while Zatanna is one of our worst MUs, we could still, eventually, catch her. Also her damage is average.
BA had the mobility, the damage, and you'd never catch a good one on your best day.
But now... Its different. I had it pegged for 6-4 his favour, but Max is now stepping up to plate.
Saying s 5-5.
Ok good. I like the fact a female in fishnets is one of muscled Bane's worst MU's.

That's sexy