What's new

Match-up Discussion Bane's living MU Chart (v1.06/v.1.07)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
v1.08 - Updated (in progress)

MUs we probably lose: (3-7/3.5-6.5)
Zatanna

MUs we possibly lose: (4-6/4.5-5.5)
Batman
Nightwing
Flash
Killer Frost
WW
Zod
Sinestro
Lex
Harley

MUs that could probably go either way: (5-5)
Black Adam
Superman
Batgirl
Lobo
Ares
Shazam
Cyborg
Green Lantern
Deathstroke
Aquaman
Joker
Doomsday
Raven
Hawkgirl
Scorpion
MMH

MUs we possibly don't lose: (5.5-4.5/6-4)
Catwoman
Solomon Grundy

MUs we probably don't lose: (6.5-3.5/7-3)
Green Arrow

This has been discussed by most all of the BCC, including members such as Maxintensity25, PND_Mustard, BiPolarExxpress, Grr, and the like. Not the best MUs, but post-patch we shouldn't have anything worse than 3-7.

Figured I'd put it up here and just update it whenever its needed. Our regular topic for it has no actual numbers and even these are flexible (hence the --.5/-- numbers) so just in case you guys were wondering about it, yeah.

Advantageous MUs - 3
Average MUs - 16
Disadvantageous MUs - 10

Feel free to look and be salty about your own misconceptions.

Last edited:

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Why does a projectile make a MU 2-8? We can block low lighting and thats literally all BA has agaisnt bane. After the patch we will shit on him in every aspect except outside of mid range, and with the hitbox fix on lightning we will be able to avoid the damage on it when we need to. Iono man I feel like this list gives projectiles to many points to beating bane when that is certainly not the case if you play patiently, which is how every bane should be playing until they get a knockdown

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
The fun thing about GL vs Bane it's a 5-5 MU but when you REALLY break it down it's 9-1/1-9 both ways lol. GL has the best tool of keeping Bane out with lvl 3 venom but if Bane gets in, GL's lack of wake ups with multiple hits and terrible back dash makes it Damn near impossible to guess.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Why does a projectile make a MU 2-8? We can block low lighting and thats literally all BA has agaisnt bane. After the patch we will shit on him in every aspect except outside of mid range, and with the hitbox fix on lightning we will be able to avoid the damage on it when we need to. Iono man I feel like this list gives projectiles to many points to beating bane when that is certainly not the case if you play patiently, which is how every bane should be playing until they get a knockdown
Because up until the patch he also has dive kick to punish everything, backdash to keep us away (and it was one of the only ones which avoided BP's reach), literally everything in his kit makes us lose out. His wake-ups are ass but once we run out of venom we take a lot more than we would want to.

Playing patiently only gets us so far.

I play Max online, Bane absolutely does not beat Aquaman. It was slight adv Aquaman or even at WORST before.. with the new MB B3 properties it's def 6-4 Aquaman.

Getting around trait doesn't = winning MU vs THE aquaman.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I play Max online, Bane absolutely does not beat Aquaman. It was slight adv Aquaman before.. with the new MB B3 properties it's def 6-4 Aquaman.
I wouldn't mind playing you online as well. That being said, this hasn't been updated yet. I plan to once everything is sorted out.

Outside of that, this isn't my opinion but the shared consensus of pretty much all the Banes from Grr to Mustard and all the rest. Its not my place to question them, just to ask them to agree on what they see incorrect, and aquaman wasn't mentioned.

I have absolutely murdered every Bane I have faced except for Max. We go back in fourth in who wins sets and I have a lot of respect for how he uses the character. Not saying I would beat all Bane's bad or even beat every Bane in general, just saying that I have yet to face one on this guys level. I'd love to face you or any good Bane player as everyone has their own style and its important to know how to fight diff variations of a character.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I have absolutely murdered every Bane I have faced except for Max. We go back in fourth in who wins sets and I have a lot of respect for how he uses the character. Not saying I would beat all Bane's bad or even beat every Bane in general, just saying that I have yet to face one on this guys level. I'd love to face you or any good Bane player as everyone has their own style and its important to know how to fight diff variations of a character.
I'm not a "good Bane" but you don't even know the fangasm I just had at you saying you'd play me. I've followed your work since the beginning of MK9 and I have nothing but respect for you. We met during EVO but I don't think you'd remember me at all. :(

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
I'd like to play you, and maybe you can change my mind on the MU. I believe in the neutral game bane beats out Aquaman, and its not really possible for him to zone bane. I dont have the absolute best aquamen to play with locally, but I do play with Sidthehaze who I believe you are familiar with, and Renegade in weekly sessions. I would ask you if you were going to be at TOTFC again this coming week, but I recently found out I wont be able to make it.

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
Personally I like this style of "probably/possibly", it allows actual discussion to be about whether match-ups are in or out of Bane's favour and by a small or large margin rather than nitpicky discussions like "it's not 6-4, it's 5.5-4.5".

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Personally I like this style of "probably/possibly", it allows actual discussion to be about whether match-ups are in or out of Bane's favour and by a small or large margin rather than nitpicky discussions like "it's not 6-4, it's 5.5-4.5".
That's why I have both the 6-4 and the 5.5-4.5 listed in the mu tiers.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
This might be a really dumb question but does mb b3 own bane?
Mb b3/f3 will eat the first hit of banes armor move then hit him back to start a nice damage combo for anyone in the cast, so it is a pretty vital tool to use against him. However at level three venom bane breaks all armor with his specials so he will beat that option. Also if bane uses his own MB b3/f3 then he will most likely beat his opponents because his is slower than most(possibly all)of the cast while having better range as well.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Also most of banes close up armor game comes off of stuff like d.1 and d.2, so if you MB too soon expecting raw armor you end up pinging off of his and taking the hit.

How does bane beat GA? just curious.
GA doesn't really have much to go against Bane's oki game. Even if we're punished, you do rather low damage so it's not that bad. We don't really have an issue getting in, and venom eats through arrows, frame traps and such. Had extensive sets with Scoot Magee and Jimmy, and really feel it's in Banes favor.

GGA Max

ImNewbieSauce and I both agree that since Bane can rape doomsday on wake up (with the new buffed mb venom uppercut) this match-up should be about 7-3 or better for Bane.

Edit: When bane or doomsday get knocked down this is a viable option.