What's new

Match-up Discussion Bane's living MU Chart (v1.06/v.1.07)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
It's not just that though. I knew Ares' super was an overhead so I was definitely just holding backward when he did super. Did the game just eat my block input? Maybe. But how else can I explain missing the bounce collision between two raging charges after hundreds of tests in training mode, and then seeing it after just a few in a versus match? That's possible but prrreeettty unlikely to happen just by chance. When I get home tonight I'm gonna try to see if I can find more differences between versus and training modes.
Ares super eating your block sounds possible, honestly I've seen less surprising things. As far as colliding charges, same deal. Game doesn't know which hitbox has priority so it cancels both back to default.

JDM

Noob
The fun thing about GL vs Bane it's a 5-5 MU but when you REALLY break it down it's 9-1/1-9 both ways lol. GL has the best tool of keeping Bane out with lvl 3 venom but if Bane gets in, GL's lack of wake ups with multiple hits and terrible back dash makes it Damn near impossible to guess.

Yes. All of this.

How is it Bane's adv? I go back and fourth in sets with the best Bane out there. Also, it was a close set vs Grr and in casuals I don't remember the score, but Aquaman wasn't losing.

A messed up MB button in my 1st round match does help Bane a lot lol.. Anyway, the mu is even at best for Bane.. its either even or AM wins 6-4. Calm down Bane players.. you guys just discovered a bunch of new tricks to just go even in the AM mu... However, I think ppl should wait until players arent winning on the "surprise bitch imma throw this shit out" factor. Wait until any surprise factor for any character goes away and then you can actually see mu's.

Just wasn't used to Bane throwing out 9999999 MB Venom Uppercuts..

Every character has in general player tendencies. NO Bane player blocks.. EVER.. but thats how you play Bane. They key is to know all the tendencies of exactly how the Bane players plan on not blocking. The big thing now is throwing out MB Venom Uppercuts to get around the MB B3 issues that Bane has had. Bane having one new trick post patch and catching someone like me who has a good amount of Bane exp pre patch doesn't equal the mu. Once I game plan for it and fight it again, then we can talk the mu accurately.

How is it Bane's adv? I go back and fourth in sets with the best Bane out there. Also, it was a close set vs Grr and in casuals I don't remember the score, but Aquaman wasn't losing.

A messed up MB button in my 1st round match does help Bane a lot lol.. Anyway, the mu is even at best for Bane.. its either even or AM wins 6-4. Calm down Bane players.. you guys just discovered a bunch of new tricks to just go even in the AM mu... However, I think ppl should wait until players arent winning on the "surprise bitch imma throw this shit out" factor. Wait until any surprise factor for any character goes away and then you can actually see mu's.

Every character has in general player tendencies. NO Bane player blocks.. EVER.. but thats how you play Bane. They key is to know all the tendencies of exactly how the Bane players plan on not blocking. The big thing now is throwing out MB Venom Uppercuts to get around the MB B3 issues that Bane has had. Bane having one new trick post patch and catching someone like me who has a good amount of Bane exp pre patch doesn't equal the mu. Once I game plan for it and fight it again, then we can talk the mu accurately.
No issues with alot of what you said there, but I heavily disagree with the generalization that we don't block. Do we venom through alot of things yes? But that's a key part of what seperates Banes, is picking and choosing when to.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor

I remember when you said the new Mb b.3 buffs helped Aquaman when, barring a 8% drop in trade damage, it was no different at all.
Also going back and forth in sets with one person doesn't make a MU, or so I heard *cough cough*.

The thing is not only did you lose to one Bane, you lost to a good Bane and a Bane whom has nothing but basics. Sorry, DarthArma. I love you but your tech knowledge is where Grrs was back then too. There were no surprises to be had, if you didn't sit down and hash out the Bane MU then that's your own fault. We have more techs than you'll likely ever see, but you'll still find yourself being tossed around by just the very bare minimum. Mb b.3? Works on half-screen charge, and literally nothing else. You can ask GGA 16 Bit if Mb b.3 is a universal answer, and with all the times Max has blown him out of it using d.1/d.2xxSpecials I'd be surprised if he says yes. (not to discredit 16 bit, he is a great player but its Mb b.3 on trial here, not him.) The game is half a year old and we're still using the same stuff we found in May. If you haven't gotten it by now, its not the "surprise bitch imma throw this shit out" factor, its the "If you don't know exactly what to do, you'll likely lose" factor. The same thing Doomsday runs off of, only you weren't saying you'd wreck any DD player. You'll get blown up for it, yeah, to no end will you hear "Tom says he'll beat any Bane - Immediately loses to 2".

If he threw out 9999999 MB venom uppercuts and you didn't manage to use your ultra Mb b.3 on ANY of them, then I question everything. Qwark even put a video up. I know what you are thinking, "who the fuck is Qwark", but by the sound of what you're saying he's figured it out more than you have.

No Bane ever blocks? My god the cooldowns must be tragic for us. And Man, it makes sense that we are coming into multiple top 4s and even taking 2/3 of the top 3 in that tourney by never blocking. I can't imagine how hard it must be to beat someone who never blocks. Ever. On that note, know who else we don't need to block against?

Everything from "5.5-4.5" onwards.

Go get your button fixed, let your back heal, try to find a nearby ocean in which you can dispense your salt, beat some Bane player once, and then tell us all to hold that while we watch them run it back from losers and take you down along the way. :p

But all that said, I do respect you as a player, more than you'll ever know. Still, no. Its at least Bane's favour. You don't lose to 2 Banes if its a 4-6 your advantage, and you don't lose to a basic Bane if its even. DarthArma has been playing Bane for like what... a month maybe? I don't see, on paper or in practice, how AM has an advantage in this one. If you'd like to explain, sure, but we aren't just beating your trait. We are beating your trait, wake-ups, footsies, air game, ground game, Mb b.3 game... and we don't even have to spend meter to do it.

I'm sorry, usually I'd be more conservative, but seriously, no. You deserve this blow up, you know nothing of strength. I may be just the forum warrior, everpresent in my form, but even I can't help but seriously question the logic behind your ideas of the Bane MU. You should try picking him up. Get to top 4 without blocking. If you play Bane like you think we do, people won't even need Mb b.3 to stop you dead in your tracks. Blah blah, etc etc, and its done. Come what may, but until its shown otherwise I have no reason to not have AM in our favour. Talk is one thing, but results speak more than works.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
lol Bane players don't need to block when they have venom. It kind of goes against how he plays.
Venom isn't getting you in on the 50% of the cast with multi-hitting projectiles. Venom isn't beating the flash for you. Venom isn't getting through Raven f.2. Good luck not blocking against Superman. I could go on.