What's new

Match-up Discussion Bane Matchup Discussion

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Why don't the two of you just play doomsdays and post videos?

I don't really care to see who is right but I'm sure I can STEAL EVERYTHING you both do to help myself in the matchup :joker:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
5-5 probably.
After you learn her more dirty tricks, its just like any other match only she lacks a good zoning game on top of her ok-not-great wake-ups.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
5.5-4.5 or 6-4 her favour. Her range and wake-ups are somewhat decent, air shot is a pain in the ass, and her damage isn't too shabby. MB Play doctor on level 3 debuff Bane is a bread winner.
yo, her range is Batgirl level. honestly, it's pretty obnoxious because of her derp fuck recovery on guns and Bane actually needing some patience at full screen. Fuck MB PD though, that move is bullshit.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
yo, her range is Batgirl level. honestly, it's pretty obnoxious because of her derp fuck recovery on guns and Bane actually needing some patience at full screen. Fuck MB PD though, that move is bullshit.
Dude, silly slide is more bullshit haha. Makes her range better than ours if we don't react.

I was just wondering how far you guys Bane has moved up the food chain after this new patch. I started using him before 1.06 and I'm finding out I'm having a much easier time with match ups I had trouble with before.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Was top 24, now he is top 15 or so.
Foodchain doesn't matter, honestly.
It got shortened so its more like a food pyramid and we are at the middle.

Other than a couple of bad matchups Bane has a chance against everyone and the tools to succeed in many situations. That's my perception.

CommonNick

Europe, PSN: "CommonNick"
I don't mane bane, just learned him so I can counter him, but is it possible to finish a combo with a hard knock-down which will be long enough to connect an inescapable super? (unless they wake-up, in this situation delay it just a bit), by inescapable I mean that they can't jump out of it. (you can do it with Harley's command grab)

If it's possible Bane will surpass Grundy's resets! :D

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I don't mane bane, just learned him so I can counter him, but is it possible to finish a combo with a hard knock-down which will be long enough to connect a inescapable super? (unless they wake-up, in this situation delay it just a bit), by inescapable I mean that they can't jump out of it. (you can do it with Harley's command grab)

There was Raging Charge tech found in like the first few months of the game where you cancel it mid-flex into Super and it will hit meaty.

F.2.D.3 with its new HKD also leads to the same thing but it's very easy to scout.

grundy's resets are far more valuable

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I don't mane bane, just learned him so I can counter him, but is it possible to finish a combo with a hard knock-down which will be long enough to connect a inescapable super? (unless they wake-up, in this situation delay it just a bit), by inescapable I mean that they can't jump out of it. (you can do it with Harley's command grab)

OHVCS is the closest thing we have I think. If you catch a grounded opponent with the overhead, the charge can be cancelled into super in its flexing frames and they don't have time to jump away. However, if it hits an airborn opponent it'll whiff.

That's if you trust the CPU to jump on frame 1, though.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
5-5 probably.
After you learn her more dirty tricks, its just like any other match only she lacks a good zoning game on top of her ok-not-great wake-ups.
i really don't think WW is 5-5

better mobility, she has the same advantage as us with the good meterless damage, she's incredibly hard to blow up when she's patient and she has MB projectiles that hit twice and lead into combos

I might dare to say she has a better corner game, too.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
i really don't think WW is 5-5

better mobility, she has the same advantage as us with the good meterless damage, she's incredibly hard to blow up when she's patient and she has MB projectiles that hit twice and lead into combos

I might dare to say she has a better corner game, too.
Mobility is questionable.

She doesn't have a strong 50/50 game, she has to mb projectiles and even those have delayed second hits. Also her gap closer has a lot of wind-up.

Her corner game is better if you can't block it, but in our case its just another superman. Pre-emptive armor through, or block it up.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
The super tech is definitely useful but if I'm spending 4 bars I'd rather not risk flat out losing to bullshit invincibility

I would rather hit-confirm it
Yes but what about the other options?
Like the SS on his low/grab game?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Mobility is questionable.

She doesn't have a strong 50/50 game, she has to mb projectiles and even those have delayed second hits. Also her gap closer has a lot of wind-up.

Her corner game is better if you can't block it, but in our case its just another superman. Pre-emptive armor through, or block it up.
A F0xy Grampa

lol no 50 50s and blocking her corner game