What's new

Match-up Discussion Bane Matchup Discussion

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
your greek is wrong, fool.
I was not speaking greek. I was speaking clear english. But your guilty conscience caused you to see my words as what you perceived yourself as. Anyone can see that none of my posts have greek words.

You're right, I'm starting to think we AREN'T mentally on the same level....

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I could blow you up so hard, it wouldn't even be funny.

So how about this, you've shown you don't know how Bane's tools actually work on more than one occasion.
So many that its almost laughable. I could name at least 5 off the top of my head.

If you want to try and pull "I've played this MU" then I'll need to see it.
Otherwise I'll assume this is you thinking you can d.2 Bane out of MB VU, and not take it seriously.

As for me not playing people on 360, I don't have an adapter and you can ask around - I don't play online on 360 ever. I only come on occasionally to play Bipolar, and then lag out.
my tag is qwark28, whenever you man up you can invite me, ill be on in 15.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
my tag is qwark28, whenever you man up you can invite me
I don't mean in-game, I just mean I could blow you up for what you are saying.

You're the best in Greece, probably the EU based on the last tourney. I could probably beat your Bane, but your Joker would be a bit much. Also I lag with Canada so I'm doubtful a further connection would actually work. And as I said, I don't play on xbox barring the occasional super-laggy matches against Bipolar.

As for manning up, I don't see the point in us playing unless you are an up-and-coming WW player. We've already discussed the Joker MU which is where I learned your Bane knowledge is lacking.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I don't mean in-game, I just mean I could blow you up for what you are saying.

You're the best in Greece, probably the EU based on the last tourney. I could probably beat your Bane, but your Joker would be a bit much. Also I lag with Canada so I'm doubtful a further connection would actually work. And as I said, I don't play on xbox barring the occasional super-laggy matches against Bipolar.
then why do you judge matchups based on no games at all.

and no, im not the best in eu.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
then why do you judge matchups based on no games at all.

and no, im not the best in eu.
I just don't play on xbox, but I do play. As far as judging MUs, I've already said about 5 or 7 times I'm going off of what other Banes whom have played the MU have said about it. I even tag them where necessary.

According to the most recent tourney, you took 1st yes? Until you get dethroned, one could make the argument that the results speak for themselves.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Qwark28

My opinions are one thing, I mean I don't see how WW is too bad...
However, if you want the consensus of Bane MUs, check the living MU chart over this one.
That's what the general MU idea is, from me and RYX to max and bipolar.

Its not something I can change to fit my fancy, all I can do is research certain aspects to see how Bane's mechanics fight it.

We can sit here and argue all day, but the MU doesn't actually change at all.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
a
Qwark28

My opinions are one thing, I mean I don't see how WW is too bad...
However, if you want the consensus of Bane MUs, check the living MU chart over this one.
That's what the general MU idea is, from me and RYX to max and bipolar.

Its not something I can change to fit my fancy, all I can do is research certain aspects to see how Bane's mechanics fight it.

We can sit here and argue all day, but the MU doesn't actually change at all.
again, i will wait for foxy, he knows best

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Sigh... alright then, you can wait but I don't see the point.

Unless he comes in saying its 7-3 WW's favour, I don't think it matters much at all.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
So you stepped in here to say I'm wrong, yet lack the means to substantiate your claims?
I preferred it when you at least floundered a bit.

Her fastest overhead is b.2 at 17 frames. That's hardily something that can't be reacted to.
Not to mention it loses outright to DP in the neutral game. Even her low starter is only 14 frames, and its the only one that really gives her good damage.
Do you play on xbox?

I wouldnt mind fighting more Banes.

Yeah I'm not a big fan of theory fighting. On the earlier pages on this thread some guy beat a well known Bane player in a first to twenty by a huge margin and actually posted the video so some of you's can discuss the matches. Surprise, surprise no one responded.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Yeah I'm not a big fan of theory fighting. On the earlier pages on this thread some guy beat a well known Bane player in a first to twenty by a huge margin and actually posted the video so some of you's can discuss the matches. Surprise, surprise no one responded.
really, what well known bane player loses by a huge margin?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
You can trust me that he actually has nothing worse than a 6-4/4-6 against anyone in the cast. Just about everyone is lacking in wake-up so the fact that he makes a living abusing people's inability to get up on top of having armored wake-ups and more frame-traps than you can shake a stick at...

He either loses by a tiny bit via multi-hit zoning, or wins by a fair amount by eating people's wake-ups.
doombawkz saw what was coming before any of us

Ok.... I don't know what you're getting at by my comment was not meant as an insult. But you stated you lost 5-20? And other than that comment I haven't seen any other discussion on the matter even though there were people here insisting it was at least an even match up.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Ok.... I don't know what you're getting at by my comment was not meant as an insult. But you stated you lost 5-20? And other than that comment I haven't seen any other discussion on the matter even though there were people here insisting it was at least an even match up.
oh, i'm not well known at all lmao. maybe as like one of the lesser banes

it's 5-5. I didn't know how to play the match-up at all (first time actually) so naturally RunwayMafia wiped me like I was a Swiffer pad. i like to think i've since improved on the MU, though I haven't kept up with hawkgirl's tech at all, so I'll probably have some catching up to do

lol RunwayMafia remember how awful my Bane was and how my DS was tons better. it's like the complete opposite now

it's 5-5. I didn't know how to play the match-up at all (first time actually) so naturally RunwayMafia wiped me like I was a Swiffer pad. i like to think i've since improved on the MU, though I haven't kept up with hawkgirl's tech at all, so I'll probably have some catching up to do

lol RunwayMafia remember how awful my Bane was and how my DS was tons better. it's like the complete opposite now
I have no problem with you not knowing the match up. But that just goes to show all that theory match up discussion is just crap. I'm not claiming I'm good but with all this time people are insisting that all of Bane's match ups are 5-5 they could have actually sat down and tested out all this theory they've been preaching for themselves.

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
I have no problem with you not knowing the match up. But that just goes to show all that theory match up discussion is just crap. I'm not claiming I'm good but with all this time people are insisting that all of Bane's match ups are 5-5 they could have actually sat down and tested out all this theory they've been preaching for themselves.

You are right. That is not the trend around here though. People throw out match up numbers and never actually play them versus a competent player of the character.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
You are right. That is not the trend around here though. People throw out match up numbers and never actually play them versus a competent player of the character.
we play the best people we can. obviously we can't always play the very highest representatives, but that's the point of match-up discussion

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.

Awww yes...month 2 of INJ was so vanilla. I personally think HG wins this MU...but not by much. Bane is scary as fuck...if she avoids getting cornered there isnt much he can do. Just my opinion...

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Awww yes...month 2 of INJ was so vanilla. I personally think HG wins this MU...but not by much. Bane is scary as fuck...if she avoids getting cornered there isnt much he can do. Just my opinion...
yeah, staying up and not getting cornered is pretty much a must, lol. but that's pretty much how it goes for everyone. :p

I can agree with that, I'll need to play more hawkgirl before i say anything for sure

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Were there really no responses to that? I seem to remember a lot of discussion about the HG MU happening shortly after that set. Maybe it was in another thread or something?

I do agree that a little too much theory fighting goes on sometimes, but one thing we always do around here is break down match footage and try to figure out what was done right/wrong and what can be done better. So if you see a video go un-discussed, it's an exception and not the rule.