What's new

Match-up Discussion Bane Matchup Discussion

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
ill just let foxy explain.
So you stepped in here to say I'm wrong, yet lack the means to substantiate your claims?
I preferred it when you at least floundered a bit.

Her fastest overhead is b.2 at 17 frames. That's hardily something that can't be reacted to.
Not to mention it loses outright to DP in the neutral game. Even her low starter is only 14 frames, and its the only one that really gives her good damage.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
So you stepped in here to say I'm wrong, yet lack the means to substantiate your claims?
I preferred it when you at least floundered a bit.

Her fastest overhead is b.2 at 17 frames. That's hardily something that can't be reacted to.
Not to mention it loses outright to DP in the neutral game. Even her low starter is only 14 frames, and its the only one that really gives her good damage.
people in MK9 couldnt react to a 19f overhead

b2 gives a full combo.

i stepped in here because ive been playing foxy since may, most of your post on wonderwoman was wrong so i tagged him to correct.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
people in MK9 couldnt react to a 19f overhead

b2 gives a full combo.

i stepped in here because ive been playing foxy since may, most of your post on wonderwoman was wrong so i tagged him to correct.
People can react to d.1xxES and block it properly, and that's much less than 17 frames. This isn't MK9.

b.2 gives a full combo, but not an optimal combo.

I've seen his plays since May as well since I've followed Mustard. To say ww has a strong 50/50 game is like saying BA or Raven have a strong 50/50 game. Her corner game isn't easy to block, but its far from impossible. As I said, its just as hard to block Bane in the corner.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
People can react to d.1xxES and block it properly, and that's much less than 17 frames. This isn't MK9.

b.2 gives a full combo, but not an optimal combo.

I've seen his plays since May as well since I've followed Mustard. To say ww has a strong 50/50 game is like saying BA or Raven have a strong 50/50 game. Her corner game isn't easy to block, but its far from impossible. As I said, its just as hard to block Bane in the corner.
considering he hasnt been recorded playing since 2 months ago and he found new tech the past month id say you dont know what hes currently doing.

d1 earth shake is mid over low... and it comes out at at least 40 frames when you take d1 duration and cancel advantage, not even close...

thats like saying ppl cant react to someone going cr lp cr lp cr lp in strreet fighter when almost noone in the world can react to a jaguar kick

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
considering he hasnt been recorded playing since 2 months ago and he found new tech the past month id say you dont know what hes currently doing.

d1 earth shake is mid over low... and it comes out at at least 40 frames when you take d1 duration and cancel advantage, not even close...

thats like saying ppl cant react to someone going cr lp cr lp cr lp in strreet fighter when almost noone in the world can react to a jaguar kick
Who do you use in SF?
Your mention of Jaguar Kick has aroused me...

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor

You're right, but a fellow Bane has played him and informed us of how the matches went in decent amounts of detail. In the past 2 months, WW hasn't gained any new overheads or lows. My points still stand.

Fair enough, as a better example people can block d.1xDouble punch from Bane, and that's an 11 frame low into a 16 frame overhead directly after. Still a great deal faster than blocking a 14 frame option or a 17 frame option based on her distance (because of 3's small range) and animation.

To your idea of full combos off of b.2, I can only find them off of point-blank meaning she has to forfeit her spacing advantage she would normally be able to press. A spacing advantage only existent in short range projectiles and a b.2 she wouldn't be able to combo after.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You're right, but a fellow Bane has played him and informed us of how the matches went in decent amounts of detail. In the past 2 months, WW hasn't gained any new overheads or lows. My points still stand.

Fair enough, as a better example people can block d.1xDouble punch from Bane, and that's an 11 frame low into a 16 frame overhead directly after. Still a great deal faster than blocking a 14 frame option or a 17 frame option based on her distance (because of 3's small range) and animation.

To your idea of full combos off of b.2, I can only find them off of point-blank meaning she has to forfeit her spacing advantage she would normally be able to press. A spacing advantage only existent in short range projectiles and a b.2 she wouldn't be able to combo after.
thats because at d1 range there is no mixup...

i doubt bipolar understands every single setup foxy did, foxy has found a new midscreen vortex last month like i said

the only bane who knows anything compared to foxy here is mustard.

ill wait for foxy to explain, you guys dont know wonderwomans setups.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
except mine is more than great so i dont see how were in the same league
How dare you. My mind has overpowered the minds of others. It has brought victory to me.
My accolades are beyond great. You know that guy? That player? Daigo? You know, THE Daigo?
Yeah? You do? Well I've beat him numerous times. And he hasn't beaten me before.
Eh? Eh? How'd you like that?!

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
How dare you. My mind has overpowered the minds of others. It has brought victory to me.
My accolades are beyond great. You know that guy? That player? Daigo? You know, THE Daigo?
Yeah? You do? Well I've (ποτέ)beat him numerous times. And he hasn't beaten me before.
Eh? Eh? How'd you like that?!
I've beaten his mexican brother, Diego Umeharez multiple times.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
thats because at d1 range there is no mixup...

i doubt bipolar understands every single setup foxy did, foxy has found a new midscreen vortex last month like i said

the only bane who knows anything compared to foxy here is mustard.

ill wait for foxy to explain, you guys dont know wonderwomans setups.
And at everything outside of WW's 3 range there is no mix-up. Your point is still invalid.
Also 2 months ago, Bane's charge could be parried.

Likewise there is a mix-up. d.1xxBP,and doing another d.1 aren't unknown practice to Bane players, especially when we have a distance advantage. Something we can press on WW no less, since her only option to outpoke us is b.2.

I doubt foxy knows every set-up we have either, we are constantly finding new vortex material. However, ours are more ambiguous from ranges outside of point blank.

If Foxy knows WW's set-ups, I assume you do too when it comes to playing against Bane in the neutral. After all, you are here correcting me or failing to. If you are so sure of your thoughts, then why can't you explain it?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
And at everything outside of WW's 3 range there is no mix-up. Your point is still invalid.
Also 2 months ago, Bane's charge could be parried.

Likewise there is a mix-up. d.1xxBP,and doing another d.1 aren't unknown practice to Bane players, especially when we have a distance advantage. Something we can press on WW no less, since her only option to outpoke us is b.2.

I doubt foxy knows every set-up we have either, we are constantly finding new vortex material. However, ours are more ambiguous from ranges outside of point blank.

If Foxy knows WW's set-ups, I assume you do too when it comes to playing against Bane in the neutral. After all, you are here correcting me or failing to. If you are so sure of your thoughts, then why can't you explain it?
because i have no time for ppl who always theory fight.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
because i have no time for ppl who always theory fight.
That's not a good way to be, you should always try to make time for yourself.

But by this point, I expect nothing more from you. Perhaps you should stay in Joker forum, we'll call you if we need an opinion in that one winning MU. :cool: Foxy can come provide insight, and hopefully so can Bipolar having played him recently and maintaining a respectable record.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
That's not a good way to be, you should always try to make time for yourself.

But by this point, I expect nothing more from you. Perhaps you should stay in Joker forum, we'll call you if we need an opinion in that one winning MU. :cool: Foxy can come provide insight, and hopefully so can Bipolar having played him recently and maintaining a respectable record.
except i actually play people both online and offline before forming opinions on matchups.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
i could say the same thing lol.
I could blow you up so hard, it wouldn't even be funny.

So how about this, you've shown you don't know how Bane's tools actually work on more than one occasion.
So many that its almost laughable. I could name at least 5 off the top of my head.

If you want to try and pull "I've played this MU" then I'll need to see it.
Otherwise I'll assume this is you thinking you can d.2 Bane out of MB VU, and not take it seriously.

As for me not playing people on 360, I don't have an adapter and you can ask around - I don't play online on 360 ever. I only come on occasionally to play Bipolar, and then lag out.