What's new

Match-up Discussion Bane Matchup Discussion

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
Who do you guys think are the hardest characters to fight right now as Bane

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I'm starting to feel like anybody with good keep away will give Bane a headache. So, everybody.

He feels like the worst of the big dudes right now.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I personally disagree, I feel like Lex is a bit worse imo. Also theres not that many characters with "good" keep away, and imo the people who hurt the most are those who can outdamage him for free like Ares and KF, and people who can stall him out like Harley and to and extent I GUESS deathstroke

I feel like I'm getting pwn'd more by the pixie characters like nightwing, flash etc. I don't think Ive come across anyone online who has been able to play a viable keep away game. Night and flash both have multiple hitting normals and specials or just really fast TC's so they just stay on your ass until you can do something random. Maybe its my lack of experience with the game I guess but the closest I got to getting zoned out was an Ares player and I had a little trouble against a Raven player, but then again it was before I knew what Venom did.

Spletty

Grandmaster
My experience so far has been this:

Good or even with:
Supes
Batman
Grundy
Arrow
Night wing

Even or slightly worse:
Flash
Deathstroke(? Not much mu experience, seems even.)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Honestly I personally never have trouble with the flash. For all his high/low mix-up is worth we get a free cgrab off of his running man stance which is his main form of mix-up imo. Plus we counter his trait. Slowed down? Pop level 1 venom and charge pretty much stalls it out to where he cant make much out of it.

Stuck

Mid Tier Whore. 1 combo and a dream.
Right now, Flash gives me major headaches. He has several quick multi hit tools that take venom out quick. His triple kick cross up is brutal once I get grounded. His up fist wake up gets him out of trouble and puts him behind me. Any suggestions would be great.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Right now, Flash gives me major headaches. He has several quick multi hit tools that take venom out quick. His triple kick cross up is brutal once I get grounded. His up fist wake up gets him out of trouble and puts him behind me. Any suggestions would be great.
The frame activation for standard grabs is faster than any normals on wake up. Grab flash on wakeup. For one, you'll get free damage if he doesn't tech. And doing this will also let him know its not okay to be in your face - send them the message that you can grab, you will grab, and he needs to respect it.

Just your friendly neighborhood Nightwing browsing a bunch of Matchup threads for some hints.

I'm having a ton of trouble with Raven, Deathstroke, and Hawkgirl. It seems that there aren't many Raven or Hawkgirl players (or a lot of the characters for that matter), so it's obviously hard playing against characters you have little experience with.

I suppose it doesn't help that I'm new and I suck which results in me missing my combos when the opportunities present themselves:eek:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I'm having a ton of trouble with Raven, Deathstroke, and Hawkgirl. It seems that there aren't many Raven or Hawkgirl players (or a lot of the characters for that matter), so it's obviously hard playing against characters you have little experience with.

I suppose it doesn't help that I'm new and I suck which results in me missing my combos when the opportunities present themselves:eek:
Against Raven, don't be afraid to YOLO venom charge her when her super isn't up, since she has a hard time fending it off. Your venom will allow you to take away her best asset, being the full-screen grabs. IMO this is completely in our favor since we can punish her teleports with d.2 and venom upper, and our armor takes care of all of her wake-up game. Being level 1 venom charge is safe on block, make her respect your attacks by following with the double punch as it'll get you that last bit of distance and she will likely try to punish you for it. Once she hits the wall, its over for her since you can just put her back in using tools like 113 air grab which sweeps her back over there.

Hawkgirl is also in our favor though its not as appearent, however venom uppercut reaches her max flyng height and the armor eats through any response. From there its like raven in that our venom will take care of any kind of wake-up game she has. Our only problem is getting past her air mace game, but if you can manage that you should be set to go.

Against deathstroke its all about management. His wake-up game isn't exactly the strongest, but his range keeps us out because despite our floaty jumps we can't avoid it due to our hitboxes being huge. Venom 3 makes us projectile immune but the drawbacks become evident once he gains more distance. IMO this is probably Bane's worst MU tied alongside Superman because of how much you have to commit and the problems if you cant manage the distance. Our only saving grace is his wake-up game being so weak. If you can get the knockdown, you should be able to guard and keep close because his 2 best options are the vergil and the sword spin. Stalling it out with a dashing normal grab (his animation if you do the forward grab is about 2 seconds and keeps them really close) and all should net you enough time to get your venom back. At level 1 venom we can crush out 90% of his wake-up game using c.grab, double punch, and charge. Work through your b.23 and f.2d game and you should be set. Personally I like to end off my chains in this MU with the venom double punch and EX since once deathstroke gets cornered he has the worst time against us. Literally against cornered deathstroke you can force him to drop his options, the only two being a grab which your venom anything beats, and the vergil to try to escape which you can block and counter with 113 air grab which puts them right back in the corner again. You have to guess right more than the opponent and get in which is hard beyond belief, but if you do you'll find yourself in a good spot.

By the by, EX venom charge gives us some really heavy advantage that I'm suprised more people don't talk about, especially when it can be chained at the end of quite a few combos. If you land that venom charge and have the meter, I would openly suggest ending it as an EX since it puts you in bane's sweetspot.

LostExplorer

Best With Shazam.
I think the hardest characters to fight right now when ur bane our Deathstroke, Frost, Ares, Black Adam, And maybe Sinestro.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Frost, Ares, Black Adam, And maybe Sinestro.
Frost just down block everything, make the good reads and venom upper her air approach. Outside of that, just do whatever else. You can punish her slide with d+1 if she doesn't backdash, and venom charge if she does. I'd advise only using level 1 for here. Her parry stops your charge if you do it from full-screen, so work on some safe air approaches. Be warned her d.2 beats everything we have on the way in, so when your close *enough* rely on your ground game more.

Ares really isn't all that hard either, just block high in this case and don't be afraid to air grab a godhand on wake-up, you'll catch him before he gets you. You can dash and duck his ranged game for the most part, just watch out for low sword mix-ups and stay out of the corner.

Black Adam, honestly you can jump to avoid most of his stuff and he doesn't have solid answers for our close-range game. Be mindful, have good reads, his wake-up isn't all that great so make him guess and get some venom flowing. You may need level 3 for the sake of laughing off his lightning.

Sinestro, eh... Keep close and you can punish everything he has with double punch. Even at range level 3 venom attacks and the f.2 cancels should net you some close time. Once he is down, he isn't getting back up. You just need to venom up and keep on him.

Reactions: RYX

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
Almost all match-ups for Bane involve knocking down the opponent and winning. How you get there is the tricky part. It pretty much comes down to 1 of 3 strats.

1) Wait them out and use venom when you get the knockdown.
2) Use Level 1 Venom pre-emptively to get the 1 hit of armor and take the risks to get in.
3) Level 3 Venom (Level 2 is garbage) and pray you hit them.

Category 3 is the one you have no chance of winning against if they are competent. The game is still new, but it looks like Batman may be in this group as the game progresses. I'm watching Cyborg and Superman for now.

Watch Perfect Legend's Superman Zoning and Reo's hit-run batman. If you guy's got suggestions against these playstyles, do share, because I've lost a lot of hope after watching those two play.

Reactions: RYX
I'm not very good, but I feel like Batman is the hard counter to Bane. He has his projectiles (one of which stops you even with multiple levels of venom), his bats, and his wake up slide can't be stuffed (it can be blocked for a combo). He also has the parry which completely negates Bane's charge move.

I was playing a pretty good Batman and I felt completely helpless. Yea, I'm bad, but it still feels really tough. I guess I felt that way about a couple characters when the other guy is really good though.

Any of you guys having success against Batman?

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Any of you guys having success against Batman?
I have. One of my friends rolls him, never seen one on-line but I don't do that a lot. But niether of us are overly proficient at the game, both kinda new. After you play each other enough it's totally different than meeting a random. I'm sure a better player would give me problems. TBH I have more problems with long range hitters like Aquaman & Nightwing with thier stupid sticks -_-

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
To be fair, Batman has little to no real options against venom c.grab barring trying to stuff it with batarangs or jumping which opens him up if he tries. Long as you can avoid the rangs you'll be set.

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
i think i have trouble more with Harley, Frost, Ares, Black Adam, and death stroke its a fight to get in but i beat it after a few trys but its a very hard match to me who else has trouble with that match up

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I have trouble with any good zoner tbh. But lately i've had the most trouble with Superman. Any pointers for breaking the man of steel?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
He doesn't have any multi-hits that he doesn't have to waste meter on, so if you see him trying to zone, jump forward over one followed by a charge through another. Once you are in, its hard to get you back out. Outside of that watch out for his trait and, of course, that super. If he has 4 meters, its better to never go above 1 venom