What's new

Question Ask Smoke Thread - Have Any Question? Post It Here!

bettyswallaux

XBOXLive: BettySwallaux
Hello guys i'm back to bug you again, so i've been playing online for about 3 weeks now my game has improved so much thanks to this forum! Anyway i finally managed to get my win record higher than my loss record at last think its like 193/182 or something now so i have started to fight with tougher players... And i've stumbled across another problem lol. So usually what i'll do is stay back from the player and wait for my opportunity to either port/cloud then then dash up to them and combo them as they are standing up, It works well against lesser skilled players but obviously the better ones know better, and they are either taking my down with a wake-up attack or blocking them comboing my ass. So I need to learn how to approach and engage the other player better without getting my ass kicked epicly.. I struggle to start a combo without the player first being knocked down, any suggestions what i can do to improve my game more? Thanks in advance

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Well typically what you want to do before engaging the enemy is radio in to HQ and give them a sitrep. Then what you want to do is take defensive positions and get someone to man the fiddy cal. After that hire Micheal Bay to incorporate a couple thousand pounds of dynamite into every nook and cranny in sight so that the explosions and intense action will bring enough in at the box office to pay for the life insurance. After that try to flank the enemy and have your assault squad split up. Make sure that the innocent new guy dies a horrible death and the commanding officer blames himself for it.

After that do a wide shot of the horizon and show thousands of A-Rabs pouring over a large hill and show the very small forces you have falling into despair at the sight of it. Then play slow, somber music and mute all other sounds while your tiny platoon of soldiers is overrun by the enemy. Then, when only the main character is left alive, have a massive reinforcement group drop down from helicopters and cut down the enemy right before they killed the main character.

Lastly, when the helicopters fly away into the sunset, play some more somber music and have the rest of the Micheal Bay explosions go off in the background. Fade to black, put up some random facts about how it was a true story and the main character is still alive today. Then roll credits, and after the credits show a evil cat with red eyes plotting dasterdly plans while the Terminator theme plays. The end.

Your welcome.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Well typically what you want to do before engaging the enemy is radio in to HQ and give them a sitrep. Then what you want to do is take defensive positions and get someone to man the fiddy cal. After that hire Micheal Bay to incorporate a couple thousand pounds of dynamite into every nook and cranny in sight so that the explosions and intense action will bring enough in at the box office to pay for the life insurance. After that try to flank the enemy and have your assault squad split up. Make sure that the innocent new guy dies a horrible death and the commanding officer blames himself for it.

After that do a wide shot of the horizon and show thousands of A-Rabs pouring over a large hill and show the very small forces you have falling into despair at the sight of it. Then play slow, somber music and mute all other sounds while your tiny platoon of soldiers is overrun by the enemy. Then, when only the main character is left alive, have a massive reinforcement group drop down from helicopters and cut down the enemy right before they killed the main character.

Lastly, when the helicopters fly away into the sunset, play some more somber music and have the rest of the Micheal Bay explosions go off in the background. Fade to black, put up some random facts about how it was a true story and the main character is still alive today. Then roll credits, and after the credits show a evil cat with red eyes plotting dasterdly plans while the Terminator theme plays. The end.

Your welcome.
Starring Nicholas Cage?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

bettyswallaux

So ive been looking at some advanced combo's on here and i keep seeing d1... i presume thats down+1... but i cant seem to pull it off :\... can some one explain this.. thx

Can you be more specific? What combo(s) are you trying to do? I can either help you here, or I can record a video for you tomorrow explaining how to perform any smoke combo you want. Can't guarantee good quality video but it should get the point across.

bettyswallaux

Sorry let me try be a little more specific.. Damn cant seem to find the post it was in... actually it may be a post where u wrote a bunch of combos in? some one wrote adv combos also..

Probably a post of mine. It's in the Smoke Combos thread, Post #250. I think its on page 12 or 13 or something, too lazy to look it up. If you figure out what it was you were looking for just let me know and I'll gladly help out. :)

bettyswallaux

Oh wait i just found this example jik... d1 smoke bomb... 32... 32... 214 (34%) ... doesnt make sense to me lol

Oh wait i just found this example jik... d1 smoke bomb... 32... 32... 214 (34%) ... doesnt make sense to me lol
jik stands for "jump in kick". Off a deep jump in kick (like low enough to the ground that your kick hits them in the ankle), you can dash and then quickly d1 smoke bomb and get a combo.

Yeah that combo is off a deep jump in kick. So in practice mode go to the default distance and take a step back, then jump in and do the kick as late as possible before you hit the ground. As soon as it hits you need to be doing your dash (you may still be airborne at this point, but don't worry the dash will still come out), then press d1b2 to do the d1~smoke bomb. Then finish the combo from there.

Actually the combo you listed is a corner combo. So you're actually going to do the deep jump kick and you have to delay for about a quarter of a second before you do the d1 bomb so the d1 doesn't juggle them too high and cause the bomb to whiff. Conversely, you can do deep jik > d1, d1, d1~bomb > 32, 214 in the corner to be foolproof on timing, however you lose damage.

If you want to do the deep jik combo midscreen, you do jik > d1~bomb > 3d12 > ender. You can do a 32 and then a 3d12 but the timing is really strict, so I wouldn't recommend it if you are just learning Smoke.

Hope this helps

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Herro Smoke players.

What is Smoke's worst match up? Does he really even have one?

Also, yes, this is me seeing if my pocket character is the right character to counter pick people like KTsmith in future tournaments.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Agree with Kung Lao and Kabal. More with the latter than the former, honestly. Besides those two, Cage also poses a big problem. Jax and Sonya are debatable. Personally, Sonya whups me.

Actually, after today, I don't think Lao is all that bad, honestly. He still has an advantage, but it's not that bad.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Herro Smoke players.

What is Smoke's worst match up? Does he really even have one?

Also, yes, this is me seeing if my pocket character is the right character to counter pick people like KTsmith in future tournaments.
KONG RAO is his worst.

Runners up are Kabal, Sonya, (and if you're Curbo) Cage.

Honorable mentions are Blax and Cyber Subz.

The fun thing about counter picking is hidden select. Also, you only get one match with that shaolin fuck before Blax comes out.