What's new

Question Ask Smoke Thread - Have Any Question? Post It Here!

Man I will never understand why you do that combo. It's so much easier to drop and has LESS wall carry than my 3d12 > 32 > 4 combo which does the same damage... and it'll actually do more if you're ballsy enough to put a njp in there lol

Then again I am talking to the guy who is willing to cancel an X-Ray into a throw for the armor... guess you just like the hype

bettyswallaux

XBOXLive: BettySwallaux
Hey guys any advice on the 3d21,32,4,cloud combo... i never seem to be able to land the damn cloud at the end :(, thanks

Ask Smoke Thread.

If the opponent is hitting the ground before the bomb does, you're doing the standing 4 too late. If the bomb is hitting the ground before the opponent (and not launching them), you're doing the standing 4 too early.

The ideal height is for them to be ~1.5 feet off the ground or lower WITHOUT actually touching the ground.

bettyswallaux

Ask Smoke Thread.

If the opponent is hitting the ground before the bomb does, you're doing the standing 4 too late. If the bomb is hitting the ground before the opponent (and not launching them), you're doing the standing 4 too early.

The ideal height is for them to be ~1.5 feet off the ground or lower WITHOUT actually touching the ground.
Ok, thanks for that, however sometimes the cloud is landing infront of the opponent, and 1 more thing i need to clear up, the 4 you do before the cloud is where is double kicks the opponent accross the screen right as opposed to that round house kick thing he does?. thanks

You want the roundhouse kick, which is standing 4. The spinning, double kick is F+4 which you don't want to use in this scenario. If that's what you've been using, that's why the bomb was whiffing in front of the opponent. Make sure that when you dash in after doing 32 that you let go of 'forward' before you hit 4 so you get his standing roundhouse kick :)

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Ok, thanks for that, however sometimes the cloud is landing infront of the opponent, and 1 more thing i need to clear up, the 4 you do before the cloud is where is double kicks the opponent accross the screen right as opposed to that round house kick thing he does?. thanks
No. You're referring to F4. The roundhouse kick is what you want.

bettyswallaux

You want the roundhouse kick, which is standing 4. The spinning, double kick is F+4 which you don't want to use in this scenario. If that's what you've been using, that's why the bomb was whiffing in front of the opponent. Make sure that when you dash in after doing 32 that you let go of 'forward' before you hit 4 so you get his standing roundhouse kick :)
O___________O damn..............i just wasted 3 hours of my life pressing the wrong buttons and punching my wall for no reason then lol, the roundhouse kick is quite hard to land.. thanks man

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Smoke Bomb timing question thread moved into Ask Smoke thread

how do you do a reverse air throw in the corner where at the end of your corner combo, you toss em back into the corner?
Unfortunately, you can't change the direction of the air throw; smoke will always throw the opponent behind him, switching sides (as opposed to, say, Jax whose air throw puts them back on the same side)

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
how do you do a reverse air throw in the corner where at the end of your corner combo, you toss em back into the corner?
Just use a teleport punch at the right time after a jk. It will hit the opponent from the front then back and leave them in the corner.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Does anyone know the juggle/gravity scaling with the reset?

Last night i caught someone in an anti air combo and ended it in a f4 reset, after the reset i managed to get 3d12,32,32,32,214~invis for like 60% off 1 bar from AA, where as usually they fall down alot faster. I have never noticed this happen as i usually go for just 3d12 32 ~ender .

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Just use a teleport punch at the right time after a jk. It will hit the opponent from the front then back and leave them in the corner.
might aswell just end in 214~special for the same effect and more damage and a better setup

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I thought the poster was asking about an air ender though?
Think he was just after the air throw, In which case its very hard to time your jump so you cross under them in enough time to do the airthrow back into the corner, very impractical unfortunately

HD Smoke

Noob
i have noticed everyone is jump kicking in now on top smoke players because they get blown up when they try to jump punch in on smoke....do my fellow smokes think that using ex shake to make them never ever jump at smoke is a good idea or not worth the meter? ex shake still a great AA even if standing 2 is his main AA because it is so good

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
i have noticed everyone is jump kicking in now on top smoke players because they get blown up when they try to jump punch in on smoke....do my fellow smokes think that using ex shake to make them never ever jump at smoke is a good idea or not worth the meter? ex shake still a great AA even if standing 2 is his main AA because it is so good
Works a charm, more smoke players should use EX Shake, its too good to ignore.

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
does the string 1, 3 give a free jump in on hit? It sure looks like it does.

...damn i've been a smoke main since day one and i still don't know this.
(100 smoke players probably just remembered this string exists btw lol)