What's new

Tech Ares reset!

redeyes

Button Masher
This is a reset.

What Cyrax and Smoke do are not resets, those are damage exploits. We only call them resets because it makes the game sound less shitty.

for a decent chunk of TYM MK was our 1st fighting game so when everyone calls them resets we learn that as a reset

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
also wasnt this like posted by AK Juggs when his 1st reset got patched? im pretty sure he posted a few ares gimmick resets

It was similar, but mine involves d3. His is different.

Also, a "reset" isn't something that's supposed to be guaranteed damage. Like Rathalos said, resets in MK9 aren't really resets, they're damage resets which are 100% different than a real reset. A real reset is purposely dropping a combo to go for a mix-up to reset the damage. In MK9, the opponent can do nothing to combat the resets because they aren't true resets, just damage resets. And to be clear, not all resets in MK9 are guaranteed damage resets, just the ones with Cyrax and Smoke IIRC.

Mr Swizzer, this IS a reset, and good shit bro!

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
for a decent chunk of TYM MK was our 1st fighting game so when everyone calls them resets we learn that as a reset

Ok, so we should teach them what a reset actually is, instead of spreading ignorance.

Also MK9 has proper resets, and people call them resets in that. Kabal resets people all the time with F4

redeyes

Button Masher
Ok, so we should teach them what a reset actually is, instead of spreading ignorance.

Also MK9 has proper resets, and people call them resets in that. Kabal resets people all the time with F4

i know like 2 types of resets from MK

1) stand resets f4 (kabal) 112 (sonya / skarlet) nut punch, 2nd net (cyrax) leave you at great frame advantage
2) guaranteed resets Cyrax ,smoke, prepatch sub

all other set ups like this ares one and others like it i just found as set ups.

such a fg noob ):

i know like 2 types of resets from MK

1) stand resets f4 (kabal) 112 (sonya / skarlet) nut punch, 2nd net (cyrax) leave you at great frame advantage
2) guaranteed resets Cyrax ,smoke, prepatch sub

all other set ups like this ares one and others like it i just found as set ups.

such a fg noob ):
This is what I know aswell lol.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
There's many different types of "resets", but guaranteed damage resets aren't really "resets". They're basically pseudo infinites, but "reset" does sound better and less... broken, lol.

A true reset is dropping a combo short to go for a mix-up. It can be blocked/beaten so there's a risk/reward factor, not just guaranteed damage. You risk getting less damage by dropping the combo, or even punished for it, but the reward is a lot more damage into possibly another reset situation, which is called a vortex. A vortex is usually that, but there's more than one way to do the reset, like an ambiguous cross-up, 50/50 guess, etc. DownfouralitY redeyes

redeyes

Button Masher
There's many different types of "resets", but guaranteed damage resets aren't really "resets". They're basically pseudo infinites, but "reset" does sound better and less... broken, lol.

A true reset is dropping a combo short to go for a mix-up. It can be blocked/beaten so there's a risk/reward factor, not just guaranteed damage. You risk getting less damage by dropping the combo, or even punished for it, but the reward is a lot more damage into possibly another reset situation, which is called a vortex. A vortex is usually that, but there's more than one way to do the reset, like an ambiguous cross-up, 50/50 guess, etc. DownfouralitY redeyes

i blame the MKC for my beliefs on resets!

fuckers have been lying to me for 2 years!