What's new

Tech Ares reset!

Mosp

Noob
The Mosp trap! EGP Wonder_Chef

Video of reset: http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/392337815?t=239m50s

Ares is capable of doing resets using his MB Godsmack during a combo. The one I've been using is stopping the combo short after the B23 (which is an untechable knockdown) and into MB Godsmack which resets the damage and back into another combo where he is capable of looping it again as long as he has the meter. This is a great way to up his damage and he can take around 60% just from looping it once!

Now the only way to escape it is to do a wakeup attack which can be difficult and Ares has the option of delaying when he does the Godsmack which can often beat out the opponents wakeup attack which nullifies their only option of escaping it.

This is only one option he has of doing a reset and there are a few more that I know about but this one works the best for me so far. Hopefully everyone can dig around this some more and try to find some even better setups for this because I believe it has a lot of potential.

Edit-Here's another video showing the damage and comeback potential in tournament play: http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/392337815?t=284m7s

Somnuse

Noob
I saw this on stream last night, and I started playing Injustice after maining Smoke in MK9.

The reset made my day!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yeah good stuff. Right after I saw it I implemented it into my game.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yeah good stuff. Right after I saw it I implemented it into my game.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
The Mosp trap! EGP Wonder_Chef

Video of reset: http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/392337815?t=239m50s

Ares is capable of doing resets using his MB Godsmack during a combo. The one I've been using is stopping the combo short after the B23 (which is an untechable knockdown) and into MB Godsmack which resets the damage and back into another combo where he is capable of looping it again as long as he has the meter. This is a great way to up his damage and he can take around 60% just from looping it once!

Now the only way to escape it is to do a wakeup attack which can be difficult and Ares has the option of delaying when he does the Godsmack which can often beat out the opponents wakeup attack which nullifies their only option of escaping it.

This is only one option he has of doing a reset and there are a few more that I know about but this one works the best for me so far. Hopefully everyone can dig around this some more and try to find some even better setups for this because I believe it has a lot of potential.

Edit-Here's another video showing the damage and comeback potential in tournament play: http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/392337815?t=284m7s
That was single handedly the coolest thing I saw last night

Loved your ares

Also @guanmokun NW who I'm also using

In his BnB, you can add a D3 after the B23 for a bit more damage, the timing of the GS is slightly altered but it still seems to work.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
You can get 100% with this if you keep looping it. But it's not an infinite because wake-up attacks beat it because of invincibility. So you can't abuse it, you have to mix it up to bait out the wake-up then punish.

Against Supermans wake-up UP grab, you're still able to punish it even if you go for the reset because you recover while Superman is still in the air.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
You can get 100% with this if you keep looping it. But it's not an infinite because wake-up attacks beat it because of invincibility. So you can't abuse it, you have to mix it up to bait out the wake-up then punish.

Against Supermans wake-up UP grab, you're still able to punish it even if you go for the reset because you recover while Superman is still in the air.
Can also mix it up with teleporting after the b23 to mess up their wakeup inputs. Not an inescapable option but it's working a lot lol

Mosp

Noob
what do you do after the MB Slam to continue the loop?
I just do the regular combo off a MB Slam which is b3, j2, b23 then you can end it however you want. You can try going for another reset, going for more damage by finishing the combo, or going for tele/invis setups whichever you prefer.