What's new

Tech Ares reset!

There's many different types of "resets", but guaranteed damage resets aren't really "resets". They're basically pseudo infinites, but "reset" does sound better and less... broken, lol.

A true reset is dropping a combo short to go for a mix-up. It can be blocked/beaten so there's a risk/reward factor, not just guaranteed damage. You risk getting less damage by dropping the combo, or even punished for it, but the reward is a lot more damage into possibly another reset situation, which is called a vortex. A vortex is usually that, but there's more than one way to do the reset, like an ambiguous cross-up, 50/50 guess, etc. DownfouralitY redeyes
Okay. Thanks for informing us that helps a lot

redeyes

Button Masher
Exactly. He's talking about easy it is to test, yet he's on here asking questions cause he "doesn't play this game anymore" or is lazier than you Breakin. ;p

yo kid wana hop off my nuts? why should i test an ares set up when 1) i dont play ares and 2) dont play the game.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
yo kid wana hop off my nuts? why should i test an ares set up when 1) i dont play ares and 2) dont play the game.

Stop posting in this thread please. Not trying to be a dick, but you're not being constructive here and you don't even play the game or Ares. So stahp.

redeyes

Button Masher
Stop posting in this thread please. Not trying to be a dick, but you're not being constructive here and you don't even play the game or Ares. So stahp.

last post then ill leave but im not about kids tryin to insult me.

like he brought up something that was already resolved.

annd i still play it just not competitively till they fix the wonkyness

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Okay, stay on topic from here on out please. Thanks BROS! :D

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It would not. Ares loses armor the second he hits the ground. It does not matter if the God Smack is meter burned or not.

It would eat it, you have to slightly adjust the timing. Same with his regular resets, if you read a wake-up attack, slightly delay it so the MB armor eats it. Works wonderfully, can be backdashed though, but if you read a backdash, do normal timing and you will catch them. It really comes down to conditioning.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
The thing with ares is he has resets that are easily escapable for instance with dashes or normal wakeup timed, and when you see ares delays his reset you do mbb3 cause it counters mbb3.
But with resets like these, its harder for getting the timing right to escape when ares delays his mb gs.

snort

Noob
This isnt new and yes you can get out of it. At this point of the game im sure all Ares resets have been explored already. Ares cant rely on his resets anymore because people have figured them out by now (atleast good players have). What Ares players need to learn and work on is how to exploit his teleport to their advantage, not resets.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
This isnt new and yes you can get out of it. At this point of the game im sure all Ares resets have been explored already. Ares cant rely on his resets anymore because people have figured them out by now (atleast good players have). What Ares players need to learn and work on is how to exploit his teleport to their advantage, not resets.

Lol i have not played a single player who consistently can get out of resets. Trust me, if you end combo with invisibilty, you see alot of panic when you go for a reset and start delaying it and stuff making it so that you blow up wakeupattacks.
Then when they start to punish that, you can react to that again, but never using resets with ares is a big leak imo, thats just giving up alot of oportunity

InFlames

dead
The fact that the opponent can beat both Far and Normal Godsmacks with a one-sided wake-up makes this not that viable.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I forgot to say in one of my vids if you don't tech, you have to reverse your directional inputs to get your wakeup to come out.

snort

Noob
Lol i have not played a single player who consistently can get out of resets. Trust me, if you end combo with invisibilty, you see alot of panic when you go for a reset and start delaying it and stuff making it so that you blow up wakeupattacks.
Then when they start to punish that, you can react to that again, but never using resets with ares is a big leak imo, thats just giving up alot of oportunity
Top players will consistently get out from my experiences (on psn). Why? Because its so easy to get out of. Relying on resets is gonna hinder anyone from placing top at tournys, period.

Reactions: LaR

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Top players will consistently get out from my experiences (on psn). Why? Because its so easy to get out of. Relying on resets is gonna hinder anyone from placing top at tournys, period.
Ive never said you have to rely on them, i said i dont agree with never using it, it still should be an option in your gameplan. I play against good ppl enough on xbl, and they know how to get out of resets. But just dont make it obvious and mix it up with delaying the mb gs and teleport/invisibilty shenanigans to
create oportunity to land a reset.