What's new

Guide Ares combo thread

Phillip

Noob
I'll throw a couple of examples:

1,1,2(or other combo starter i.e. 2,2 or D1)/D4-JI2-B2,3-EX GS-B3-JI3(JI2 if you're having trouble w/3)-F2,3/DE_B4(if you have it which more than likely you'll have).

3,D2/EX GS-B3-JI2-B2,3-EX GS-B3-JI3-F2,3/DE_B4

You're probably doing 70+ percent with one reset and with two it's a full life bar. Hope this helps!
Yea thanks your right but im having a lil problem though with the timing of when to press b3 any help i hit f3 all the time but i dont want to sell my self short

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Yea thanks your right but im having a lil problem though with the timing of when to press b3 any help i hit f3 all the time but i dont want to sell my self short
try and hold back right before u have to do b3, so instead of b3 do back then 3.
it makes it much more easy, its easy once u get it

Phillip

Noob
Thanks guys looks like its time to stay in the lab until i cant get it wrong.--_--. also this is prob for another thread what is the best combo starter for fighting superman i get owned :'( on and off line f23 gets me every time n i cant d1`d4 it.

Phillip

Noob
i can o
Thanks guys looks like its time to stay in the lab until i cant get it wrong.--_--. also this is prob for another thread what is the best combo starter for fighting superman i get owned :'( on and off line f23 gets me every time n i cant d1`d4 it.
i can only push block so many times

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
if u want, add me and ill show u some things in practice. Are u on psn or xbox?

Phillip

Noob
if u want, add me and ill show u some things in practice. Are u on psn or xbox?
thanks PSN -( Reapergotmoney )its much harder for me to do combos online (b3)ever thing feels like i have to input it so early feels like its not enough time to hit conform it

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
thanks PSN -( Reapergotmoney )its much harder for me to do combos online (b3)ever thing feels like i have to input it so early feels like its not enough time to hit conform it
im on xbl, i sold my psn :p
anyway its not really hard, just keep practising in the lab.Online is abit harder, especially if his sword doesnt come out lol, but i can still do all his combos failry easy online.

Phillip

Noob
im on xbl, i sold my psn :p
anyway its not really hard, just keep practising in the lab.Online is abit harder, especially if his sword doesnt come out lol, but i can still do all his combos failry easy online.
k thanks is it better oline play on psn vs xbox?

G-Ram

Noob
Having a problem consistently hitting d4 in the combo after the 114 in the bnb corner combo. Any suggestions?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Having a problem consistently hitting d4 in the combo after the 114 in the bnb corner combo. Any suggestions?
Yeah, the timing is actually a little tight. Too fast and the b4 goes way out in front, too late and they fall before the d4 connects. You can't do the f23, f23 too quickly, like you have to pause a little. Same with the 112, you have to wait slightly and not right after you recover from the f23. It's very weird that doing it too quickly causes the d4 to go so far off screen, but with timing it a little slower you'll nail it every time. It just takes some practice, and remember too slow and they will fall to the ground.

themule

Noob
I've got a new set up for you guys to try

112~d4, ji2, b23, f12 (35%) close mb GS

f12 is an untechable knockdown, just like b23. However, it doesn't have as much advantage as b23 so they aren't quite as locked down into your GS. Lots of wake ups will get them out. Also, they can just jump out.
It has some advantages though.

The first obvious ones are that it's not being patched out and it does more damage. Ending in b23 sacrifices a lot of damage and it's already been confirmed that the untechable knockdown is going away in the first patch. This avoids both those issues.

The other advantage is the spacing. This leaves you spaced for a cross up. An untechable knockdown in range for a cross up is a really good set up on it's own and this one has the advantage if they go to jump as they get up(like they would to get away from your GS) you can catch them for a full combo before they leave the ground.

Instead of going for cross up you can also pretty easily stand back and whiff punish a wake up, throw a meaty fireball, back up and start zoning, or activate your trait(and cancel or throw it depending on their reaction).

Also, I don't know about applications of this but depending on the character(it works on Superman, it doesn't work on Flash. I haven't test enough to see how much of the cast it works on) and the height the f12 hits you can use both close and mid GS to launch them(ie you can do b23, f12 close GS or b23, f12 mid GS and either one will connect). The spacing can be weird so you might have to mess with your combos, but you can definitely get decent damage off either one. I don't know if this creates some kind of useful or viable mix up, but at the very least it might be useful to mindfuck your opponent or catch certain wake up attacks.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I've got a new set up for you guys to try

112~d4, ji2, b23, f12 (35%) close mb GS

f12 is an untechable knockdown, just like b23. However, it doesn't have as much advantage as b23 so they aren't quite as locked down into your GS. Lots of wake ups will get them out. Also, they can just jump out.
It has some advantages though.

The first obvious ones are that it's not being patched out and it does more damage. Ending in b23 sacrifices a lot of damage and it's already been confirmed that the untechable knockdown is going away in the first patch. This avoids both those issues.

The other advantage is the spacing. This leaves you spaced for a cross up. An untechable knockdown in range for a cross up is a really good set up on it's own and this one has the advantage if they go to jump as they get up(like they would to get away from your GS) you can catch them for a full combo before they leave the ground.

Instead of going for cross up you can also pretty easily stand back and whiff punish a wake up, throw a meaty fireball, back up and start zoning, or activate your trait(and cancel or throw it depending on their reaction).

Also, I don't know about applications of this but depending on the character(it works on Superman, it doesn't work on Flash. I haven't test enough to see how much of the cast it works on) and the height the f12 hits you can use both close and mid GS to launch them(ie you can do b23, f12 close GS or b23, f12 mid GS and either one will connect). The spacing can be weird so you might have to mess with your combos, but you can definitely get decent damage off either one. I don't know if this creates some kind of useful or viable mix up, but at the very least it might be useful to mindfuck your opponent or catch certain wake up attacks.
Awesome. I knew the f12 string would prove to be useful at some point or another. Did not realize it's a hard knock down.

Jugg can you update the op with some of these updated combo's listed here. Maybe add some formatting for trait and meter cost. And also what you feel are his bnbs? There is a good combo post here with a list of the starters cost and options but it's buried pretty deep in the thread.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The Gabriel

Mean Man
I can't even get the "ji2, f23 x3" part to connect to the "3,d4,3d2, super" part. Actually, the last of the three "f23" doesn't hit or comes out as a f3 for some damn reason. Any advice people.
that's an old combo that's no longer (never was really) optimal or practical. Wasting sword and super for only 61% is not a good idea.

actually I think that may even be a pre-day 1 patch combo, as you can just do f23 x3, 112 super and get 61%. But again, you can get almost 60% without using super with some of the more recent combos in this thread.

Hated Greatness

Super Villain
that's an old combo that's no longer (never was really) optimal or practical. Wasting sword and super for only 61% is not a good idea.

actually I think that may even be a pre-day 1 patch combo, as you can just do f23 x3, 112 super and get 61%. But again, you can get almost 60% without using super with some of the more recent combos in this thread.
Ah, gratitude for the heads up. What page should I start on in this thread for the current combos I should be trying to learn?

The Gabriel

Mean Man
Ah, gratitude for the heads up. What page should I start on in this thread for the current combos I should be trying to learn?
pages 5 and 6 have most of them I think. Honestly the main ones I use:

112 d4 (or d1 d4), j2, b23 (reset) MB GS b3, j2 (or j3 but 2 is easier), f23 xx fireball (or b23 into reset again)

j2, 3d2 xx MB GS, b3, j2 (or j3), f23 xx fireball (or f23, d4, fireball) (or b23 reset)

and corner combo is just j2, 3d2, f23, f23, 112 (super) or (d4, f3, 112)

Phillip

Noob
"ji2, 3d2~df3, 112~d4, mb GS, f23, de – 46%" any good tips on hitting the 112 after the df3 im having a hard time with this part for some odd reason -_-