What's new

Breakthrough Ares buffs revealed by Ed Boon - Patch notes coming 9/24, Patch drops 10/1

MILE_HIGH_CLUB

FREEDOM'S LABORATORY
The next character on the Injustice roster receive balance improvements is indeed Ares, the God of War! Boon tweeted out an image of just some of the improvements Ares will have. The full list of balance notes will be revealed this Tuesday the 24th following the official drop of the patch on October 1st!

ARRIVAL OF DATE FOR PATCH REVEALED:

noobe: "INJUSTICE Game-Play patch arrives on Tuesday October 1st. Full Patch notes (characters and overall game play) will be posted Tues Sept 24 !"

Edited by STORMS*
font page this for about a month lol

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
I know I am not the worlds best player. I do not pretend to be. But I can now see that picking my cyborg against this guy is all in all a bad idea. Not like it was a good idea in the first place.

Grave__Intent

Death's Trusty Side-Kick!
"The safest place to be in a fight is BEHIND your opponent!"
~ Steven K. Hase (The REAL American Ninja)

Why we need 2 more teleports? Oh' right to screw up the inputs ALLOT more!

Stepwood

Frequently Bodied Individual
As Ares you don't ALWAYS have to "Wake-Up" on knock down. You can simply block and then Push-Block. In fact a Push block puts them at perfect range for MB God Smack.
Yeah, you spend a bar of meter on a pushblock, then another bar on MB GM...good meter management :rolleyes: . In fact most Ares players don't use Ares' wake-ups cause they suck Mandingo dick.

Vagrant

Noob
I hope CORN Alucard is still playing the game.

Be really cool to see what he does with the character changes. I don't think he plays anymore though.

D

Deleted member 9158

Cool! might use him more seriously after the patch then

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Of course dude, that's because Oki is a concept that's only present in games that don't have scrubby wake up invincibility like this one and MK. NRS likes to make things too scrub friendly.
oh you mean like SF? yeah, nothing there is invincible

no akumas teleport, no shoryukens, nothing

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Of course dude, that's because Oki is a concept that's only present in games that don't have scrubby wake up invincibility like this one and MK. NRS likes to make things too scrub friendly.
LOL so Street Fighter in a nutshell is scrubby...?

I'm just saying, you opened yourself up for that one. A number of games have invincible wakeup attacks, yet still manage to have some pretty scary knockdown games. Not everything is Tekken status on knockdowns, people.

LOL so Street Fighter in a nutshell is scrubby...?

I'm just saying, you opened yourself up for that one. A number of games have invincible wakeup attacks, yet still manage to have some pretty scary knockdown games. Not everything is Tekken status on knockdowns, people.
Uh, Invincibility frames on the start up of specials is totally different than the invincibility of wake ups in NRS games if totally different. In SF, many specials have invincibility frames on start up regardless of wake up or standing. And yet certain setups still manage to have enough of a factor to them such that those attacks can still be rendered useless due to the player that's pressuring having the knowledge to mix up his pressure. In NRS games, that element is damn near non-existent unless you have a way to keep your opponent standing during a combo and eliminate wake up completely. Please read and understand the whole context of a comment before tooting your horn :coffee:I expect better from you.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Lets not forget that in SF armor frames are throwable, and most invinci wakeups are hella punishable/have OS tactics to negate them.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Uh, Invincibility frames on the start up of specials is totally different than the invincibility of wake ups in NRS games if totally different. In SF, many specials have invincibility frames on start up regardless of wake up or standing. And yet certain setups still manage to have enough of a factor to them such that those attacks can still be rendered useless due to the player that's pressuring having the knowledge to mix up his pressure. In NRS games, that element is damn near non-existent unless you have a way to keep your opponent standing during a combo and eliminate wake up completely. Please read and understand the whole context of a comment before tooting your horn :coffee:I expect better from you.
You talk like it's totally impossible to blow up wakeup attacks in NRS games, when it's not. A majority of the time, it's not even hard at all, and can literally be as simple as crossup the opponent on wakeup or just jump at them, or crouch and do a normal and you either avoid or you get them to block.

Wakeup attacks are strong, but (in most cases) they're not THAT strong, and even the better wakeups in the game have some particular problem. In Injustice, most of the time everyone has a definitive answer to a character's wakeup attack.

If you feel it's impossible to render wakeups useless in this game without standing resets or OTGs, I don't know what to tell you, because half the time it's complete common sense.