What's new

Breakthrough Ares buffs revealed by Ed Boon - Patch notes coming 9/24, Patch drops 10/1

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
yeah if i could throw mines fullscreen. that would be awesome

it's hard to get my trait out against ares in the first place without a knockdown. if ares can teleport away and keep zoning it's going to be really hard to deal with.
I think if i could throw full screen mines out id cry.....legit cry from happiness

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
i really hope superman is nerfed to the ground

and a free dlc character is added

superman prime, 1 frame half life super and double damage

Of course dude, that's because Oki is a concept that's only present in games that don't have scrubby wake up invincibility like this one and MK. NRS likes to make things too scrub friendly.

to be fair, most games don't have characters with with 15 frame ohs and 7 frame lows that lead to 50+ percent or out of ground specials, or strings, or traits, but yeah they should make it exactly like other games so scrubs don't have to predict wakeups and punish them or deal with something that helps people get up.

so if he has more ways in the neutral game to get anything done this could be like an exponential buff considering he's a snowballer with invisible 50 50's and armored advancing launchers and wakeup crossups

InFlames

dead
D1D4 was meant to be interruptable, plain and simple. If it wasn't he would have a 6 frame low that's safe on block, leads to frame traps, and can full combo for 25-30%. D1D4 should only be used as a punisher.

to be fair, most games don't have characters with with 15 frame ohs and 7 frame lows that lead to 50+ percent or out of ground specials, or strings, or traits, but yeah they should make it exactly like other games so scrubs don't have to predict wakeups and punish them or deal with something that helps people get up.
Dude, If you get knocked down, then your opponent has earned the right to pressure you. End of story. You shouldn't be entitled to any kind of wake up aid. Knockdowns should put you on the defensive which is why they are scary in most other fighters.