What's new

Question Are Mileena's low profiling moves Op or broken

Are mileena's low profiling moves fair?

• Yes

Votes: 34 46.6%
  • No

Votes: 39 53.4%

• Total voters

Soul Caliber, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and SF.
Mid poke or low poke beats high and kung lao don't even have fast mids ethier.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I shouldnt have to be punished for doing my fastest move against someone who is minus 5 on block. I realize that I will get punished but I was questioning whether or not it is fair.
KL d1 doesn't have a great range, d4 is 9 frames and it would come out at 4 frames which would be even faster than roll, but then, he could just ex roll and beat it, which is why isn't worth the trouble.

a little bit of patience while playing and predicing bad habits doesn't kill anyone.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Mid poke or low poke beats high and kung lao don't even have fast mids ethier.
yeah true, another reason why he should've wait and predict instead of trying to trade with pokes, lao isn't much of a great character in this game, slow walkspeeds, slow normals, his dive kick is better than his pokes.

KL d1 doesn't have a great range, d4 is 9 frames and it would come out at 4 frames which would be even faster than roll, but then, he could just ex roll and beat it, which is why isn't worth the trouble.

a little bit of patience while playing and predicing bad habits doesn't kill anyone.
I dont understand what are you trying to say? I got my d1 out before her roll and it clearly was in range but she still meterless rolled through. No other character in the game demands that extra "little bit of patience"

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
Her d3 and Roll just have a hurtbox way lower than it should, so this tends to happen on trades, if anything think this is new its hilarious, Skarlet had an nearly exact same d3 and i used a lot to avoid jump ins, crossups and even some mids and projectiles back then.

the part i laugh at this thread, is OP thinking doing d3~roll or roll on small negative frames is broke, its actually a viable option because there is no way she will trade against any referred move until now.

what is wrong with this is, ppl are do used to d1 out of everything in this game it kinda stinks, so when their d1 gets countered by something like this its suddently utter broke.:D

There isn't really nothing to see here, if this is as broke as ppl think lord paulo will adress this if another patch is coming, if not, just git gud and stop trying to approach every character with the same strategy.
I don't think the D3 is a problem, OP thinking it is is kinda funny.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I dont understand what are you trying to say? I got my d1 out before her roll and it clearly was in range but she still meterless rolled through. No other character in the game demands that extra "little bit of patience"
dude -5 is still safe in this game, u got your d1 first, but the reach brah, the freaking reach.

You think this is only mileena's doing? I jump back out of pokes when i'm at -4 and punish with dive kicks. Just you wait until you face DN tanya, lets see how many D1s you can get if any, lol.

dude -5 is still safe in this game, u got your d1 first, but the reach brah, the freaking reach.

You think this is only mileena's doing? I jump back out of pokes when i'm at -4 and punish with dive kicks. Just you wait until you face DN tanya, lets see how many D1s you can get if any, lol.
thats completely different. those dont go literally right through the d1 and I have other options against them either than blocking. Plus jump back dive kick when minus 4 is literally gimmicks.

Last edited:

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Go play takeda.

Shes free to do what she wants when shes negative up close.
This is not true about any variation of Takeda lol. Ronin has amazing options, Lasher and SR struggle a bit upclose but his njp is just as broken as roll. Late njp leads to F1 frame trap on block (Cassie's reversal flip loses to F1)

Wigy

There it is...
This is not true about any variation of Takeda lol. Ronin has amazing options, Lasher and SR struggle a bit upclose but his njp is just as broken as roll. Late njp leads to F1 frame trap on block (Cassie's reversal flip loses to F1)
When are you guna get a late njp out against mileena and hows that relevent to small negative frames.

Sorry you're right ronin probably has some options but shira riu and lasher cant play proper footsies just hail mary njp's which mileena has a great answer for.

Doesnt help his armour is like 26 frames and full punish on block.

No point in getting caught up in a huge MU discussion.

No character (including cage) should have a poke that goes under other characters pokes.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
this thread is pretty rediculous how people are acting... Yeah the guy is poking when he shouldn't of been, but you all can clearly see that it is indeed low profiling a d1 whatever way you wana look at it lol. Stop being assholes and just acknowledge that it's indeed low profiling something it probably shouldn't.

Everyone on here wants to critique peoples gameplay when the whole point of it was does it go under it or not and the answer from my perspective is, yes it did. Not to mention most of the people in the community are terrible at the poking meta from MK9 and MKX. So don't act innocent and blow the guy up rofl

big j gleez

Mains: Not Sure Right Now ...
Broken and op are two different things really. They aren't broken because I am pretty sure it works in the game the way it does purposely. Are they sometimes a bit over the top? Probably in some instances.

Wolverine32

PSN: ADM_Wolverine
As a mileena main, if you don't make me fear rolling, I'm doing it every time. If you can't make your opponent fear being upwards of -30 on block, that's on you. Sorry to break it to you. If you think someone is going to roll while their negative, hold that block button for a second longer and take over a third of her health lol

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
@Basic Stupidity

You're correct btw, it's ridiculous that she low profiles everything. What scrubalubs here don't understand is that the threat of the low-profile removes your offensive mindset, knowing that your frame traps don't work so you constantly have to be baiting stuff means Mileena gets a YUGE advantage. You're constantly scared of even starting your pressure because she low profiles mids. However, you are hella late to the partey.

@Eddy Wang, I don't know what you're smoking but yeah you're like +1 after a breaker, and frame data does change depending on the range and when the active frames hit. This is basic stuff yet you're acting condescending to this guy despite you not knowing a lot of stuff.

To the Mileena mains saying this is whatever: there's a reason why any of you are getting any results anywhere on anything and you're just spewing crap on TYM.

Last edited:

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Is anything really broken? What does broken mean?
Well 'broken' in general should allude to something becoming in a state that it wasn't designed/engineered for.
Roll's low profiling properties, while annoying, have pretty much stuck around from the get go up until now, and even survived the latest patch amongst all the other nerfs, so we can only assume that it is doing what NRS wants it to be used for.

Not saying that means NRS are always right in balancing decisions, but in this case, it's more appropriate to just say roll is OP lol.

OP =/= broken. 2 different things, and neither supersede each other either.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
@Basic Stupidity

You're correct btw, it's ridiculous that she low profiles everything. What scrubalubs here don't understand is that the threat of the low-profile removes your offensive mindset, knowing that your frame traps don't work so you constantly have to be baiting stuff means Mileena gets a YUGE advantage. You're constantly scared of even starting your pressure because she low profiles mids. However, you are hella late to the partey.

@Eddy Wang, I don't know what you're smoking but yeah you're like +1 after a breaker, and frame data does change depending on the range and when the active frames hit. This is basic stuff yet you're acting condescending to this guy despite you not knowing a lot of stuff.

To the Mileena mains saying this is whatever: there's a reason why any of you are getting any results anywhere on anything and you're just spewing crap on TYM.
He is not scared of pressing buttons, he is trying to trade or win against a broke move who can't be trade with, in similar situations under safe situations like -5.

Like someone already said, if there is no patch comming better just level up and respek her roll rather than trying hit a plane with a sling shot.