Are mileena's low profiling moves fair?

• Yes

Votes: 34 46.6%
  • No

Votes: 39 53.4%

• Total voters

Parasurama

Dragon
Why do people complain about characters instead of finding solutions.....
I think people who do this probably look at life in that way too... and hope someone is going to fix it for them.

Wigy

There it is...
This whole 'just wait for the roll or d3 thing' is a bit stupid considering it means you're permanently giving up your pressure for free?

The d3 is especially stupid, so what if i block and wait ur like -4

Cant count how many times ive sat and waited for a roll and it comes out just as i release block too lol

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
This thread reminded me why I took a hiatus from TYM lol

This dude showcased a problem and asked if its broken and got a lecture on how to block and not take his turn when she is clearly minus.

I understand low profiling standing moves, that's something that is dumb but understandable. Going under moves designed to hit low like FUCKING pokes is cancer. Its her form of dirt but she shits all over the basic meta of counterpoking. Some one said it above.

Having your offense stripped and having to bait her every single move is frustrating and lets her start her offense when shes at a disadvantage. Knocked her down and its your turn and she has no meter? Nah still gotta bait and wait. She did a minus move? Block. etc etc

I'm fairly sure this game is done in patch terms, but its good to expose the dumb shit so we can keep it out of our next game.

Meep8345

Noob
When you beat Mileena in awful match ups and the community still hates you.

I'm not the hero you want, i'm the hero you NEED.

Either time your mids precisely(a lot will beat it if you're very precise), or pick Imposter and mix.
You aren't a hero

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist

All jokes aside, explain further - please.
Butcher has no mids, so you can't even try to be meaty on her wakeup. In other words: in a game where there are no armored launchers (anymore), you still have to guess when her roll is coming as a meterless reversal that launches.

Besides, now that I think about it, you don't even have to pick a mid-less character as she can low profile most mids with ease. (like Triborg's f2)

and get full combo punished on block
yolo roll lowprofile under stuffs are high risk high reward. Every single high level Mileena player I saw always chooses to go for low risk low reward and rarely throws out yolo roll everywhere. I don't know how everyone is mad about this. High risk high reward exists in more characters. What about blocking it and punish her with 44 for 35% meterless in Tempest?
First off what you said really isn't true, I've seen f0xy do yolo wake up rolls a lot.
Besides that, rolls might be high risk, but she can really put them everywhere unless you have Shinnok's or Reptile's f4, and in a game without launching reversal it just isn't fair.
I'm a big fan of blocking and replied the same way you did many time, but in this case Mileena was -, it was't her turn and Lao went for a quick poke. Her roll should have been blown up.

Last edited:
Reactions: GAV
This whole 'just wait for the roll or d3 thing' is a bit stupid considering it means you're permanently giving up your pressure for free?

The d3 is especially stupid, so what if i block and wait ur like -4

Cant count how many times ive sat and waited for a roll and it comes out just as i release block too lol
Different charaters require different strategy and approach. It is not something new.

in a game where armored launchers were deemed too much ball roll is broke
So it is. And what now? Have you written an official complaint to NRS? You either learn to live with it, wait and pray for a patch that fixes it, or drop the game. You can always pick Mileena and abuse it, go to a tournament and make some money off of it.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
So it is. And what now? Have you written an official complaint to NRS? You either learn to live with it, wait and pray for a patch that fixes it, or drop the game. You can always pick Mileena and abuse it, go to a tournament and make some money off of it.
that's a very stupid reply. this is a forum and we talk about things, the more you know right?

omooba

fear the moobs
dude it's a discussion i while voice my opinion, listen to counter arguments and re-evaluate my position

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
i'm not sure i understand what you're saying.
she shouldn't get a launching reversal in some match ups if armored launchers are seen as too strong
I meant that the roll low profiles so much that in some (maybe most) MUs it works just like a launching reversal without the need of meter. Let me give you an example as I'm really bad in explainations:

BS Shinnok's fine as his main pressure string up close starts with f4, which can't be low profiled. I'm not sure how it works with his f3, his now viable ranged mid which also starts a pressure, but that's besides the point.

Butcher Leatherface, on the other hand, starts his pressure mainly with f1 (a high) and f2 (a slow overhead), both of which get low profiled by the roll, I've also tried to using his b1 (a slow, ranged mid), but that gets low profiled as well.

I other words, against Butcher, Mileena's roll works as a reversal without even the need of meter. The situation is similar against Kung Lao (as seen in the video) and many others.

Reactions: GAV

Ozzy_K

Death waits for a slightest lapse in concentration
Just wanted to post an exaple of her low profiling. Look at 15.05.
That, I think, also helped him to win the match.

omooba

fear the moobs
I meant that the roll low profiles so much that in some (maybe most) MUs it works just like a launching reversal without the need of meter. Let me give you an example as I'm really bad in explainations:

BS Shinnok's fine as his main pressure string up close starts with f4, which can't be low profiled. I'm not sure how it works with his f3, his now viable ranged mid which also starts a pressure, but that's besides the point.

Butcher Leatherface, on the other hand, starts his pressure mainly with f1 (a high) and f2 (a slow overhead), both of which get low profiled by the roll, I've also tried to using his b1 (a slow, ranged mid), but that gets low profiled as well.

I other words, against Butcher, Mileena's roll works as a reversal without even the need of meter. The situation is similar against Kung Lao (as seen in the video) and many others.
yes i know she can do that i'm saying that roll shouldn't be doing that, it's too good. I'm saying that if it's not okay for people to have armored luanchers then it's not okay to have roll low profiling a character's pressure options for full combo. it's basically doing the safe thing armored launchers did for free