What's new

Question Are Mileena's low profiling moves Op or broken

Are mileena's low profiling moves fair?

• Yes

Votes: 34 46.6%
  • No

Votes: 39 53.4%

• Total voters
I find myself consistently losing to mileena because of her low profiling. A low profiling poke that has great recovery and a decent startup seems ridiculous to me.
Heres a clip of me getting destroyed solely by her low profiling moves as she low profiles my d1 twice.

What do you guys think, are these moves broken?

Last edited:

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
this might sound like big mileena player bias but i don't care. i think mileena's low profiling is just another form of dirt. yeah it goes under "mids" but the reality is that alot of mids in the game aren't true mids. for example, mileena can go under liu's b1 and lao's f2 but she get's stuffed by her own f2 and jax's f3.

also, i don't see why why this is such a big deal when dirt like htb's, resets, safe 50/50's are a thing. taking a risk trying to meaty mileena is a special match up detail that the player needs to be aware of. so imo, it isn't the dumbest thing in the game. call it broken, maybe. but it's dirt and she's not the only character with it.

this might sound like big mileena player bias but i don't care. i think mileena's low profiling is just another form of dirt. yeah it goes under "mids" but the reality is that alot of mids in the game aren't true mids. for example, mileena can go under liu's b1 and lao's f2 but she get's stuffed by her own f2 and jax's f3.

also, i don't see why why this is such a big deal when dirt like htb's, resets, safe 50/50's are a thing. taking a risk trying to meaty mileena is a special match up detail that the player needs to be aware of. so imo, it isn't the dumbest thing in the game. call it broken, maybe. but it's dirt and she's not the only character with it.
Personally I am OK with the roll. Even though I dont like it, its part of her character. What I dont think is fair is a low profiling poke that can low profile d1s. This is completely different from htbs, resets, safe 50/50s and all the other dumb stuff in this game because those have situational requirements and are built in mechanics of the game. The d3 can be used at almost all times and will work almost every one of those times. The d3 low profiling destroys the in game mechanics instead of being a part of them. If I d1 her with a 7 frame move and she d3s me after with an 8 frame move I should hit her but this isnt the case.
That is why I personally think it is broken

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I find myself consistently losing to mileena because of her low profiling. A low profiling poke that has great recovery and a decent startup seems ridiculous to me.
Heres a clip of me getting destroyed solely by her low profiling moves as she low profiles my d1.

What do you guys think, are these moves broken?
Welcome to TYM...

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace

We've already had this discussion. How many true mids are in this game? Hardly any. And that Jax example is terrible. F3 on oki?? There's always a gap after F3 and it alone has bad whiff recovery. And if I finish out the string it's -14. The Mileena community can downplay the dumbass low profiling all they want but that's stupid we have to respect you at all times on knockdown. "Just block" was a dumb thing to say too lol. Okay so we block anticipating the wake up then what? Mileena jumps. End of story. Youre not anti airing that. Sounds fine on paper but in actuality it's dumb

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
It's pretty silly that she can roll and pokeep under some character's d1s and other mids, but what can ya do? It's a universal game mechanic.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Ive never low profiled anyones d1 with kung laos d4. Anyways kung laos d4 isnt 8 frames and only 10 recovery frames.
If you compare those low profiles of Kung Lao's with Mileena's by Start Up frames, then you got your answer to why it's like that.

Reactions: GAV

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
B12 is -4 in block, your 7f poke increases the gap to -11 there is no way you where going to hit her first.

The millena player didn't poke first, but the range of your d1 wasn't low profiled, it was too far to reach due the push back.

next time use the full string B12,2+4 and you will be at -3 with more room to work with rather than just a poke honestly.

Besides this is buzzsaw, you should end every blockstring with low hat just because, the only variation that suffers from normals as KL is hat trick to a certain extent.

Parasurama

Dragon
B12 is -4 in block, your 7f poke increases the gap to -11 there is no way you where going to hit her first.

The millena player didn't poke first, but the range of your d1 wasn't low profiled, it was too far to reach due the push back.

next time use the full string B12,2+4 and you will be at -3 with more room to work with rather than just a poke honestly.

Besides this is buzzsaw, you should end every blockstring with low hat just because, the only variation that suffers from normals as KL is hat trick to a certain extent.
Eddy is right. It wasn't your turn but you expect that your down 1 to hit and blame Mileena's low profile on it?. Please show us a video when she low profiles with d3 when she is at frame disadvantage and I think that would mean something. I think would change many Mileena player's strategy.

It is weird how people only notice some issues after months or years.

"B12 is -4 in block, your 7f poke increases the gap to -11 there is no way you where going to hit her first." No that's where you are wrong. The main reason I am mad about this is because my setup is ruined against mileena. The opponent can poke in approximately 26 frames after a blocked B12 (this means that if a 6 frame d1 comes out after the blocked B12 then it will come out 32 frames after. It will take me 36 frames for a d1 to hit after an opponent blocking my B12. This means that if the opponent has a 6 frame d1 then they have 4 frames to poke me for atleast a trade. If the opponent pokes in the first 4 frames and I do a raw teleport instead of doing the d1 they will whiff the poke and I get a free punish or plus frames/ mixup depending on the characters' frames and hurtbox positioning. If the opponent pokes any more frames later than they might hit my teleport (character specific) but would get hit by my d1. (Essentially a mixup thats why i did it) Now the problem is if mileena can d3 (8 frames) 4 frames late than she will hit both the teleport and the d1 because it low profiles it. My range only looked off because of the positioning of her d3.

Last edited:
Eddy is right. It wasn't your turn but you expect that your down 1 to hit and blame Mileena's low profile on it?. Please show us a video when she low profiles with d3 when she is at frame disadvantage and I think that would mean something. I think would change many Mileena player's strategy.

It is weird how people only notice some issues after months or years.
It doesnt matter, if you slow down the video you will clearly see I got my d1 out before her d3 and my d1 is faster.