What's new

Match-up Discussion Anything but mediocre! The Zod Pictorial Match Up Chart

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Man when I still played the game. Hawkgirl being my main facing zod was just god awful. I pretty much quit the game right after. I knew I sucked but after the series we had dave I was like omg, I'm wasting my time with this game lolol maybe now seeing that it's just a bad match up for her I should get back Into the game. Maybe...

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Man when I still played the game. Hawkgirl being my main facing zod was just god awful. I pretty much quit the game right after. I knew I sucked but after the series we had dave I was like omg, I'm wasting my time with this game lolol maybe now seeing that it's just a bad match up for her I should get back Into the game. Maybe...
HG does really well vs aquaman and some other top tiers

just need a co main to help

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Two months later...

- matches in green have improved. Matches in red have deteriorated. Matches in white have remained the same.

- From my experience, Martian Manhunter is by far Zod's worst match up. Then Aquaman. Zod goes even or beats every other character.

- Bane and Catwoman have been changed to 5:5, but these two match ups could some day be in Zod's favor, especially the Catwoman one.

Aquaman: 4:6
Ares: 6:4
Bane: 5:5
Batman: 5:5
Batgirl: 5:5
Black Adam: 6:4
Catwoman: 5:5
Cyborg: 7:3
Deathstroke: 6:4
Doomsday: 5:5
Flash: 5:5
Green Arrow: 6:4
Green Lantern: 6:4
Harley Quinn: 6:4
Hawkgirl: 7:3
Joker: 7:3
Killer Frost: 5:5
Lex Luthor: 6:4
Lobo: 6:4
Martian Manhunter: 3:7
Nightwing: 6:4
Raven: 5:5
Scorpion: 5:5
Shazam: 7:3
Sinestro: 5:5
Solomon Grundy: 6:4
Superman: 5:5
Wonder Woman: 5:5
Zatanna: 5:5

@AK Pig Of The Hut
@MK_Chameleon

Pig Of The Hut

Two months later...

- matches in green have improved. Matches in red have deteriorated. Matches in white have remained the same.

- From my experience, Martian Manhunter is by far Zod's worst match up. Then Aquaman. Zod goes even or beats every other character.

- Bane and Catwoman have been changed to 5:5, but these two match ups could some day be in Zod's favor, especially the Catwoman one.

@AK Pig Of The Hut
@MK_Chameleon
Flash 6-4
NW 7-3
Arrow 7-3
Aqua 5-5

Pig Of The Hut

Two months later...

@AK Pig Of The Hut
@MK_Chameleon
Agreed mmh is 3-7

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Two months later...

@AK Pig Of The Hut
@MK_Chameleon
im not gonna dispute it but could you explain how GL is 6-4 and not 7-3?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
One of us has to go even or beat @EMPEROR_THEO first.

The Joker has corner and background bounce traps that Zod cannot escape.
Zod has EVERYTHING ELSE in a stage Joker cant escape... he first has to open you up with a combo, in the corner the only way he gets an unblockable is if you get hit by a 11/21/32 or a jump. Joker cant stand Zod's wakeups easily at all, Zod can IAZC out of the corner, make joker walk in and more. the only mindgame joker has is whether he dashes or gunshots, the second grants you a grab/activation/gunsoht//mb low laser.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
so what exactly are the MMHs doing? Im having trouble getting in on zod and I realize zoning him isnt the best option

M2Dave

Zoning Master
so what exactly are the MMHs doing? Im having trouble getting in on zod and I realize zoning him isnt the best option
- Getting in is fairly easy with overhead teleport. Do not be predictable and understand Zod's post overhead teleport options on block.
- Dominate Zod at mid range using trait and jumping attacks.
- Know how to destroy Zod on wake up by utilizing left and right (cross up vs. non-cross ups) and 50/50 (high and low) mix ups.

Martian Manhunter ignores Zod's zoning and run away. Zod can also not generate enough offense without trait to threaten Martian Manhunter.

Pig Of The Hut

What Dave said

MMHs have to understand we have no way of hitting you,Zoning you, checking U after blocked pillars or anything unless you MMH just purely fuck up

Close MB orb or any MB orb , b3 MB , push block, stops all pressure and disallows us to get in especially when u also use d3 traited up w MB orb

How exactly do we get in and when u block us we are in an area where no ZOD wants to be,
Footsie range

ZOD has the worst footsies ever

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Can MMH punish Zod's trait call on reaction or must it be on read?
Both. You can do instant aerial regular teleport if you think the trait activation is coming.

I also forgot to mention that Martian Manhunter also has the best back dash punishment in the game. If you place an MB orb behind Zod, he gets juggled if he back dashes. You can then hit-confirm instant aerial regular teleport. Even if Zod does not back dash, though, he cannot back off and Martian Manhunter can activate trait, get in, and do whatever he wishes. Martian Manhunter's interactable object control is also on par with Zod's.

I am not calling anybody out, but if you are using Martian Manhunter and you are losing to Zod, you are not good. You either do not understand your character very well or you are playing the match terribly wrong.

Even the most basic Martian Manhunter can be tough for Zod. I was fighting @MK_Chameleon online earlier. His Martian Manhunter was a lot more difficult for me than his Raven, who was his original main character.

By the way, Martian Manhunter beats every zoning character 7:3, which includes Cyborg, Raven, Sinestro, and Zod.

Pig Of The Hut

Both. You can do instant aerial regular teleport if you think the trait activation is coming.

I also forgot to mention that Martian Manhunter also has the best back dash punishment in the game. If you place an MB orb behind Zod, he gets juggled if he back dashes. You can then hit-confirm instant aerial regular teleport. Even if Zod does not back dash, though, he cannot back off and Martian Manhunter can activate trait, get in, and do whatever he wishes. Martian Manhunter's interactable object control is also on par with Zod's.

I am not calling anybody out, but if you are using Martian Manhunter and you are losing to Zod, you are not good. You either do not understand your character very well or you are playing the match terribly wrong.

Even the most basic Martian Manhunter can be tough for Zod. I was fighting @MK_Chameleon online earlier. His Martian Manhunter was a lot more difficult for me than his Raven, who was his original main character.

By the way, Martian Manhunter beats every zoning character 7:3, which includes Cyborg, Raven, Sinestro, and Zod.
I agree whole heartedly w this