What's new

Match-up Discussion Anything but mediocre! The Zod Pictorial Match Up Chart

EMPEROR_JUPITER

Your ego betrays you.
there is no way on this earth that anyone will be able to reacto to an actual instant air oh tele on reaction with a dash
mb b3 perhaps. the dash is very risky online lol, offline u can. and no way mmh 7-3s zod just because u cant zone him as well as people w/o a tele. smh..

Last edited:

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
mb b3 perhaps. the dash is very risky online lol, offline u can. and no way mmh 7-3s zod just because u cant zone him as well as people w/o a tele. smh..
i never said 7-3 and ive tried offline you cannot react to a true instant air with a dash. mb b3 i agree you can

4x4lo8o

Noob
there is no way on this earth that anyone will be able to reacto to an actual instant air oh tele on reaction with a dash
It's pretty easy to go into practice mode, record MMH doing and ia-overhead tele(makes sure it's instant air) and then try to dash on reaction. I recommend everyone attempt it.
I'm extremely skeptical that anyone is dashing that shit on reaction. I can't do it in practice mode when all my mental resources are focused on it. If you can do it during a match while also dealing with all the other shit he could be throwing at you and thinking about your own offense than you're either a Jedi or a robot

Last edited:
i never said 7-3 and ive tried offline you cannot react to a true instant air with a dash. mb b3 i agree you can
It is possible to dash it or walk it depending on character on reaction. Oddly enough characters that have a vertical dashing move can abuse that to make it easier. Zod charge , Flash Charge etc. The recovery on his teleport is so bad that on whiff you can still punish him.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
It is possible to dash it or walk it depending on character on reaction. Oddly enough characters that have a vertical dashing move can abuse that to make it easier. Zod charge , Flash Charge etc. The recovery on his teleport is so bad that on whiff you can still punish him.
Reacting to an instant aerial overhead teleport with a forward dash is definitely not feasible. Trust me.

Zod charge is not safe on block. Besides, even if Martian Manhunter whiffs, Zod can only do another charge. Nothing else works.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
@General M2Dave Here's a question that's been on my mind that might be hard to answer. Zod is obviously your main and no doubt a character you enjoy playing and know the intricacies of. With that said, do you think you would co-man Zod if Deathstroke was in this stage of the game, back the way he was? Would you still not use Deathstroke or would you eventually ditch Zod completely? This takes into account the air 'normalization' of his landing, and ALL his nerfed aspects, while retaining any buffs he may have incurred. Aside from excellent interactable use, would pre-patched, back to normal Deathstroke not be elusive post Zod?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
@General M2Dave Here's a question that's been on my mind that might be hard to answer. Zod is obviously your main and no doubt a character you enjoy playing and know the intricacies of. With that said, do you think you would co-man Zod if Deathstroke was in this stage of the game, back the way he was? Would you still not use Deathstroke or would you eventually ditch Zod completely? This takes into account the air 'normalization' of his landing, and ALL his nerfed aspects, while retaining any buffs he may have incurred. Aside from excellent interactable use, would pre-patched, back to normal Deathstroke not be elusive post Zod?
Pre-patch Deathstroke is definitely better than Zod.

The best and arguably most balanced scenario for Deathstroke would be to have pre-patch low gunshot recovery but current chip damage and pre-patch aerial gunshot recovery. If this version existed, I think Deathstroke would be top 10 but not necessarily better or worse than Zod. I would have to play to find out, which is never going to happen.

The current version of Deathstroke is mediocre. I am never using him again.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?

The best and arguably most balanced scenario for Deathstroke would be to have pre-patch low gunshot recovery but current chip damage and pre-patch aerial gunshot recovery. If this version existed, I think Deathstroke would be top 10 but not necessarily better or worse than Zod. I would have to play to find out, which is never going to happen.

That sounds reasonable.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
yea you can but no way on a true reaction. If you dont believe me go to practice mode and set the martian dummy to a true instant air teleport at a random time you would not know its coming and try dashing forward. The kicker is you already have to either be holding down or back as you would in a real match.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
It's pretty easy to go into practice mode, record MMH doing and ia-overhead tele(makes sure it's instant air) and then try to dash on reaction. I recommend everyone attempt it.
I'm extremely skeptical that anyone is dashing that shit on reaction. I can't do it in practice mode when all my mental resources are focused on it. If you can do it during a match while also dealing with all the other shit he could be throwing at you and thinking about your own offense than you're either a Jedi or a robot
exactlyyyyyyyyyy.. everyone that says they can do it is doing it on a half read. I think people test it at a neutral state where they are not either holding back or down and then mayyybe you can do it

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

That's an interesting debate actually

M2Dave

Zoning Master
@Relaxedstate

Establish a strong post FTD game and Aquaman will seem infinitely easier to fight. After a blocked FTD, some of the best options are...

1. Low laser. Interrupts a second FTD and punishes forward walking and dashing. Loses to jumping and back dashing, but you are always safe. You can also charge and release the low laser at different times to bait an FTD. MB low laser is also a solid option.

2. Side arm. Interrupts a second FTD and punishes forward walking and dashing, back dashing, and jumping but can be crouched. Delayed MB side arm is another good option.

3. Instant aerial Zod ball. Arguably the best option but the most difficult one to execute correctly. Aerial Zod ball stays on the screen for a while. There is almost nothing Aquaman can do but crouch, which translates to guaranteed trait activation. Aerial Zod ball only loses to an immediate FTD.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
you fucks didnt answer me!!!
I was waiting till after kit

I plan to release video MU chart w explanation per character

But I do feel it's 6-4

I've played every shazam known to man

Empr tesla
Pogse ....?
Ermaculate slim
Reo
etc

I feel ZOD has hella great options up close and can b3 MB command throws when expected forcing torpedoes that can be checked w 3 MB laser or 3 ps

MB side arm controls well

Slow ball is very useful to bait tele where u can set laser MB traps where he will appear

I just feel shazam has the struggle in this MU