What's new

Anyone read any good comics recently?

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Eric......No I mean Scott.Maybe it's my time as a manga shipper but the sexual tension between Scott/Darla is there.Also,transgender moloids FTW.
EDIT: Speaking about Hank.AOU goes to show just how f**king important he is to the Marvel U!Richards?Stark?Nah man.You remove Pym from the timeline and 616 is f**ked.
DARLA! FUCKING THANK YOU! That has been pissing me off to no end trying to remember her name!
Also all the AU Ultron stuff: I don't care, Hank Pym is still a bustah/most uninteresting character in the history of things.
Eric and Scott are more interesting Ant-Men by far (IMO, let's not go to war or anything).
I hope the Ant-Man movie is about anyone other than Pym. Pym is like the Hal Jordan of the Marvel Universe (I mean that as an insult, in case people here like Hal Jordan)

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
DARLA! FUCKING THANK YOU! That has been pissing me off to no end trying to remember her name!
Also all the AU Ultron stuff: I don't care, Hank Pym is still a bustah/most uninteresting character in the history of things.
Eric and Scott are more interesting Ant-Men by far (IMO, let's not go to war or anything).
I hope the Ant-Man movie is about anyone other than Pym. Pym is like the Hal Jordan of the Marvel Universe (I mean that as an insult, in case people here like Hal Jordan)
EDIT:No,please,I want to do this!Half this thread's being you calling my favs boring.Come on,let's do it.You.Me.One epic battle!I can go into a multi-page tirade on how Hank Pym is great and so on and so on.

Reedoms

Noob
I don't get how people can hate Pym. The dude does science because people tell him he can't. "Oh Hank, you're retarded, you can't shrink yourself!" and Hank goes off and says fuck you and finds Pym Particles and beats the shit out of people at science bars. I mean, I like Scott and especially Eric (rip in peace) but Pym is the precursor to all of that and so much shit in Marvel would be gone if he never existed.
I'm not even going to go into Hal because that would get a little to long since GL is probably one of the things I know most about.

Robotic Shark

you can never have too much honey
I don't get how people can hate Pym. The dude does science because people tell him he can't. "Oh Hank, you're retarded, you can't shrink yourself!" and Hank goes off and says fuck you and finds Pym Particles and beats the shit out of people at science bars. I mean, I like Scott and especially Eric (rip in peace) but Pym is the precursor to all of that and so much shit in Marvel would be gone if he never existed.
I'm not even going to go into Hal because that would get a little to long since GL is probably one of the things I know most about.
I'm still pissed that Hank and Wasp weren't in the Avengers they were replaced by Black Widow and Hawkeye who are not nearly as much help during an alien invasion as Hank and Wasp

Reedoms

Noob
I'm still pissed that Hank and Wasp weren't in the Avengers they were replaced by Black Widow and Hawkeye who are not nearly as much help during an alien invasion as Hank and Wasp
Hank has "Slapped his wife while dealing with a schizophrenic breakdown" holding him off of stuff lately and no one has given a shit about Wasp since she was leading the Avengers in the 80's. I liked Hawkeye in the movie since he was one of the original "don't have powers" guys but Widow really felt out of place.

Robotic Shark

you can never have too much honey
Hank has "Slapped his wife while dealing with a schizophrenic breakdown" holding him off of stuff lately and no one has given a shit about Wasp since she was leading the Avengers in the 80's. I liked Hawkeye in the movie since he was one of the original "don't have powers" guys but Widow really felt out of place.
I was ok with Harkeye for the most part but I did not like Widow at all I found her boring and mostly usless
I just expected Hank and Wasp because they are founding members

EGGXI

Scary Bat
CCVengeance no war alright? I admit I've said some bad things about your faves, but we've agreed on stuff too. In terms of Pym I think it's just because I've had to put up with hearing that Pym is the single most important avenger and Age of Ultron proves it. Like I'm almost 100% certain that if you killed off any of them early on, things would be messed up? You remove Richards from the 616 and the Earth gets destroyed over, and over, and over again. Pym is not the lynch pin to an entire universe.

Also I suppose it was hard for me to like Pym because there are few stories, even now really, that portray him in a really good light. I mean I remember when the Ultimates first came out and you had to relive the domestic abuse moment. Pretty messed up stuff. But that's not 616 so nevermind. I mean yes, Eric O'Gready had some messed up shit going on too.. Lang also to a lesser extent.

Best comic out right now IMO Superior Spider-Man, just a big o'l ball of LULZ seeing Doc-Oct run around in Pete's body and how he handles business.

CCVengeance

Best comic out right now IMO Superior Spider-Man, just a big o'l ball of LULZ seeing Doc-Oct run around in Pete's body and how he handles business.
I like the fact that Superior Spidey's secret origin is him killing his nemesis while planning to rape said nemesis' gilfriend.So funny!

is there a good way to start reading hawkman? he seems interesting in the throne of atlantis, i don't want to read liefeld but don't wanna miss on the story either.

CCVengeance

is there a good way to start reading hawkman? he seems interesting in the throne of atlantis, i don't want to read liefeld but don't wanna miss on the story either.
You mean solo stuff?Cant help you there but he is part of the current JLA which is written by the same guy who did Throne of Atlantis.

ferncaz95

Vicariously living through Dick
Nightwing #19 was really good in my opinion. My favorite series is Batman and Robin, but I don't know how that will continue after the "Batman and ___" team ups. I'll probably stop it if a new Robin is brought it. I also just finished The Black Mirror. Damn that was good. Does anyone know if Justice League has improved? I wasn't impressed by the storyline after the Darkseid one.

CCVengeance

Nightwing #19 was really good in my opinion. My favorite series is Batman and Robin, but I don't know how that will continue after the "Batman and ___" team ups. I'll probably stop it if a new Robin is brought it. I also just finished The Black Mirror. Damn that was good. Does anyone know if Justice League has improved? I wasn't impressed by the storyline after the Darkseid one.
Okay,here's the thing.How much did you enjoy the Darksied arc?If you did then sure start reading again from Throne of Atlantis(Although you will need to read Aquaman to get the whole story).Skip the Cheetah arc.Not much happens,really.
Now if you found the Darksied arc meh then dont read it since it's just keeps being classic Johns.
Also do know that JL starts having the Shazam back-ups(dont remember when they started).

ferncaz95

Vicariously living through Dick
Okay,here's the thing.How much did you enjoy the Darksied arc?If you did then sure start reading again from Throne of Atlantis(Although you will need to read Aquaman to get the whole story).Skip the Cheetah arc.Not much happens,really.
Now if you found the Darksied arc meh then dont read it since it's just keeps being classic Johns.
Also do know that JL starts having the Shazam back-ups(dont remember when they started).
I stopped reading after issue 12. That whole evil author thing just ended and Clark just kissed Diana. I thought the Darkseid arc was pretty cool, but I wasn't too impressed. I did enjoy the little Captain Marvel Shazam(still not used to this) back-ups. Always thought he was a cool character.

I've been meaning to read Throne of Atlantis because I've always thought Aquaman was a badass, but I'm behind on his main series. I'm honestly enjoying JLA(so far) a little more than what I read of JL though.

CCVengeance

I stopped reading after issue 12. That whole evil author thing just ended and Clark just kissed Diana. I thought the Darkseid arc was pretty cool, but I wasn't too impressed. I did enjoy the little Captain Marvel Shazam(still not used to this) back-ups. Always thought he was a cool character.

I've been meaning to read Throne of Atlantis because I've always thought Aquaman was a badass, but I'm behind on his main series. I'm honestly enjoying JLA(so far) a little more than what I read of JL though.
Start reading from Throne of Atlantis.It's a great Jump-in point IMO.THe only thing you need to know it's that Aquaman hasnt been to Atlantis since the new52 started.

CCVengeance

and miss up on black manta?
I love the dude but he is just cliche as fuck.
I've been reading comics from before the new52:
God I think I want THAT continuity back.
Last Son: Good arc.
Braniac: Awesome stuff.
Final Crisis: Fuck off Morrison.How could you make something so bad but good at the same time?

Next on my list is Birthright and Trials Of Shazam.Is the New Krypton stuff worth reading?

Reedoms

Noob
Try John Ostranders Hawkworld. I can honestly say it's the best written Hawkman story I've ever read. For team oriented stuff, check out Robinson/Johns' JSA and the most recent JLA has been moderately interesting as well. Hell, read anything by Ostrander. He can turn anything into a fantastic book.

Try John Ostranders Hawkworld. I can honestly say it's the best written Hawkman story I've ever read. For team oriented stuff, check out Robinson/Johns' JSA and the most recent JLA has been moderately interesting as well. Hell, read anything by Ostrander. He can turn anything into a fantastic book.
i guess i'll read current JLA, i find it kinda fun that he's a barbarian among normal people.

ShowboatingPenguin

Nothing gets past the Cold Field.
I love the dude but he is just cliche as fuck.
I've been reading comics from before the new52:
God I think I want THAT continuity back.
Last Son: Good arc.
Braniac: Awesome stuff.
Final Crisis: Fuck off Morrison.How could you make something so bad but good at the same time?
Superman: Last son was one of my favorite Superman stories, I always thought that it was pretty underrated.

EGGXI o yeah. Cool, I'm going nuts for the Batman & Robin New 52. Dled #0, now I'm gunning for Vol.1 hardcover. Vol 2 June 11 2013. Gotta organize everything now.