Anyone read any good comics recently?

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
So good comics I've read recently?
-Aquaman
-JL
-JLA
-Earth-2

The rest is too subjective.Example: I love Lobdell's Superman but the scummy CBR fans hate it.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Before we go further I need to say one thing:
-Comicbook fans are the worst!
That is... a fair assertion.
EDIT: Earth-2 is really good, It sort of made me care about JSA again,

His Hawkman run was pretty good too
My thoughts regarding Hawkman generally mirror those of Ed Boon. So I can't really comment on anything Hawkman related.

Anyone got an opinion of what the best current book in the New 52 is?

Meizzner

Noob
That is... a fair assertion.

My thoughts regarding Hawkman generally mirror those of Ed Boon. So I can't really comment on anything Hawkman related.

Anyone got an opinion of what the best current book in the New 52 is?
Geoff Johns stuff is pretty good.
I loved I, Vampire but shame it just ended, and Wonder Woman is good.

Robotic Shark

you can never have too much honey
just read the new issue of Invincible and watching the new Superman movie right now

thinking of reading Green Lantern comics but have no idea where to start

CCVengeance

just read the new issue of Invincible and watching the new Superman movie right now

thinking of reading Green Lantern comics but have no idea where to start
GL new 52 issue one,bro.All you need to know is that Hal is no longer a Gl and Sinestro has his ring.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Superman Unbound not the man of steel
Ah okay, otherwise I would have flipped the hell out!

wha?First Lantern is godlike!Dat living,breathing paradox.
I just feel like it interrupted everything that was going on and across all GL titles you just had this one issue of "look at all this bad stuff but nothing bad really actually happens".

Meizzner Yeah I Vampire was great but it's a shame the ending was rushed because of cancellation. Same thing is happening in Deathstroke and Team 7, they are tying to cram in all the storyline they wanted to do into like two issues and it comes off really badly in the writing. New 52 Wonder Woman is pretty damn good too.

CCVengeance

Ah okay, otherwise I would have flipped the hell out!

I just feel like it interrupted everything that was going on and across all GL titles you just had this one issue of "look at all this bad stuff but nothing bad really actually happens".
Yeah I guess...I just like his original visual of an astronaut,it was really epic.
Speaking of which I cant wait till Vendetti makes the main Gl book all bouat Hal again.Sinestro and Simon are great but Hal is the definitive Lantern to me so I want to follow his adventures.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Yeah I guess...I just like his original visual of an astronaut,it was really epic.
Speaking of which I cant wait till Vendetti makes the main Gl book all bouat Hal again.Sinestro and Simon are great but Hal is the definitive Lantern to me so I want to follow his adventures.
Mate I feel so bad because you've been a good sport and came to the thread to talk comics and I've taken the opposite view on everything with you lol. I really can't stand Hal, I think he's the most bland of the Lanterns. Way more excited about Simon Baz, although I am keen to see Sinestro be.. well.. Sinestro again. Also Green Lantern is just following it's standard cycle of Hal Jordan "dying" and becoming the new big bad villain, before throwing off whatever evil hoodoo is making him evil and being good again.

CCVengeance

Mate I feel so bad because you've been a good sport and came to the thread to talk comics and I've taken the opposite view on everything with you lol. I really can't stand Hal, I think he's the most bland of the Lanterns. Way more excited about Simon Baz, although I am keen to see Sinestro be.. well.. Sinestro again. Also Green Lantern is just following it's standard cycle of Hal Jordan "dying" and becoming the new big bad villain, before throwing off whatever evil hoodoo is making him evil and being good again.
No problem,man.Everyone has their prefrence.I just dont ffind any of the other Gls as intersting as Hal.And I am at least intersted in which direction they take Simon(with him doing the impossible with his ring and all).

EGGXI

Scary Bat
The Walking Dead, Batman, and Wonder woman comics have been amazing.
Batman has been a little hit and miss for me. Loved Night of the Owls. Also some of the Batman & Robin stuff has been spot on.

And Wonder Woman, is it bad to only like New 52 Wonder Woman? I found pre-reboot to be soooo dull.

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
Batman has been a little hit and miss for me. Loved Night of the Owls. Also some of the Batman & Robin stuff has been spot on.

And Wonder Woman, is it bad to only like New 52 Wonder Woman? I found pre-reboot to be soooo dull.
Honestly have not read any pre-new 52 wonder woman. The new 52 was my first time actually reading her comics so i wouldn't know.