What's new

Anyone read any good comics recently?

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
I got muhself Gates of Gotham during free comic book day since my LCS was doing some sales and isht and I had heard neat things about it. I personally like those stories that deal with Gotham history and what not and Dick-Bats and extended Bat-Family stories are always good.

dat art tho <3

fury714

50 Shades of Grayson
I got muhself Gates of Gotham during free comic book day since my LCS was doing some sales and isht and I had heard neat things about it. I personally like those stories that deal with Gotham history and what not and Dick-Bats and extended Bat-Family stories are always good.

dat art tho <3
Pretty awesome too, I like how it feels like a prequel to Bat's owl storyline. ^__^

for the topic, Hawkeye is still perfect for me, Superior Spider-Man is picking up pretty good, as well as Suicide Squad with the new creative team. All three avengers titles are really nice, especially Uncanny. Bats is still doin his thang, and Nightwing for now is doing well for me, but this whole prankster thing is not catching on to me, maybe a few more issues.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Ultimates 3 in a flashback.Also everyone in the team knew they were doing it except Cap.
Everyone in the team thought they were doing it. Ultimates 3... Ultimates 3... I think there is a reason we don't talk about Ultimates 3... was that when Loeb basically destroyed all story?

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Everyone in the team thought they were doing it. Ultimates 3... Ultimates 3... I think there is a reason we don't talk about Ultimates 3... was that when Loeb basically destroyed all story?
I didnt like it either(hell I did not read it at all) but the incest is canon.I can show you a pic but it is NSFW.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but does anyone watch Arrow?

That season finale.... DAMN!

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
I've read superior spiderman and I am really enjoying it, I just don't know if I want to get back into spiderman anymore after one more day, I can't come back to that sort of abuse

Scarlett Viper

Let's begin the witching hour.
They seriously killed any hype I had for Ultimate Reed after they jobbed the shit out of him and had Sue beat him with relative ease even though he beat her shit years ago. Not even mentioning his clamoring about still loving her.
Doctor Rubber?

EGGXI

Scary Bat
They seriously killed any hype I had for Ultimate Reed after they jobbed the shit out of him and had Sue beat him with relative ease even though he beat her shit years ago. Not even mentioning his clamoring about still loving her.
Sorry, but Sue Storm can take most heroes in a fight. She could easily take Reed. She is the most underrated character in terms of power.

CCVengeance

What?What was that?I didnt pay attention over the grand majesty of Quicksilver.

CCVengeance

Sorry, but Sue Storm can take most heroes in a fight. She could easily take Reed. She is the most underrated character in terms of power.
I agree.In fact I like the fact that some of the strongest heroes are female(WW,Sue,Captain Marvel,Scarlet Witch,etc.)

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I agree.In fact I like the fact that some of the strongest heroes are female(WW,Sue,Captain Marvel,Scarlet Witch,etc.)
Yeah it's pretty cool, especially when compared to DC. But Scarlet which is waaaaay OP! Kinda makes it hard to take her fight scenes seriously when she could probably just wink her opponent out of existence.

Reedoms

Noob
This is Ultimate though. In this universe Reed had already canceled her powers and beat the shit out of her. The second time they fought he had been in a time dome for 1000 years and raised a super advanced civilization and she somehow beat him by putting him in a bubble while Reed just lays there crying. They destroyed any buildup they had made in Ultimate Doom. Reed pretty much takes over the world without even trying then Tony Starks brain tumor and Sue come and save the day.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
This is Ultimate though. In this universe Reed had already canceled her powers and beat the shit out of her. The second time they fought he had been in a time dome for 1000 years and raised a super advanced civilization and she somehow beat him by putting him in a bubble while Reed just lays there crying. They destroyed any buildup they had made in Ultimate Doom. Reed pretty much takes over the world without even trying then Tony Starks brain tumor and Sue come and save the day.
Yes... but Ultimate Reed Richards is basically a total wimp, even when he's being all badass, he's a total meglomaniac! Sue Storm is badass in the Ultimate Universe as well. I don't really understand Tony's super smart tumor so I generally just leave it alone.

Fact is, the Ultimate Universe is great, but it can't do crossover events, they are just... really really bad to read.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
has anyone read punisher in space... it's hilarious
Hmm... still not as bad as Franken-Castle Punisher. That was downright stupid.
what's the appeal behind the fantastic four? i only like reed's scientific nature.
Eh, Fantastic Four is generally fairly average for me. I like the characters individually (maybe not Reed) but I find their adventures to be a bit meh. Time Travel? Who hasn't done that. Cosmic? There are better titles (although maybe not right now because the Marvel Now Guardians of the Galaxy is so *incoherent frothy rage noises* .

Nova... I like that book. A lot. It has heart! Also the douchey Nova kid from that Ult. Spider-Man cartoon they based it off isn't a douche in the book.

Also CCVengeance while you're about, an Ultimate Universe version of Kate Bishop popped up this week...

Reedoms

Noob
Yes... but Ultimate Reed Richards is basically a total wimp
But that's untrue. Ultimate Doom showed that it took the entire Ultimate Universe heroes to take him down and even then it was because he was trying to get Ben and Johnny to come with him and wasn't trying to kill anyone. They built him up as the ultimate power in the universe and then he gets beaten by a sentient tumor and his ex-girlfriend from 1000 years ago.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
But that's untrue. Ultimate Doom showed that it took the entire Ultimate Universe heroes to take him down and even then it was because he was trying to get Ben and Johnny to come with him and wasn't trying to kill anyone. They built him up as the ultimate power in the universe and then he gets beaten by a sentient tumor and his ex-girlfriend from 1000 years ago.
I didn't mean physically wimpy, I meant that the way they wrote him just made him seem so... pathetic. Like the pining for his old friends and girlfriend schtick. He wasn't villainous enough for the power the gave him? Does that make any sense?
I mean he doesn't have to be Dr. Doom levels of uncaring, but he could be a little more... badass? I mean he accomplished badass feats, but his attitude seemed... lacking.

Recently? Well, I don't follow comics anymore, but there are still 2 that I follow.

I'm reading the "Uncanny Avengers" at the moment and I don't give one single fuck, but I have to, because in two issues the Sentry will return, so ... I'm kinda forced to stick with it.

Other than that I'm reading "Deathmatch", a comic about a bunch of superheroes and supervillains, who are trapped in a place and forced to fight each other to the death. No matter who powerful they are, they still get controlled by their kidnappers and are desperately looking for a way to get out.
I'm reading that one mainly, because it's written by Paul Jenkins, the guy who invented the Sentry, so I try to follow that guy.

Reedoms

Noob
I didn't mean physically wimpy, I meant that the way they wrote him just made him seem so... pathetic. Like the pining for his old friends and girlfriend schtick. He wasn't villainous enough for the power the gave him? Does that make any sense?
I mean he doesn't have to be Dr. Doom levels of uncaring, but he could be a little more... badass? I mean he accomplished badass feats, but his attitude seemed... lacking.
That's my point. Previous to Ultimates 4 #12, Reed didn't give a single shit about anyone. He blew up half of America and destroyed all of Asgard with a smile on his face. Then for some reason they just made him turn to jelly the moment Sue came and Tony Stark had a brain tumor that became sentient and turned Reed's city against him. Shit was dumb.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
That's my point. Previous to Ultimates 4 #12, Reed didn't give a single shit about anyone. He blew up half of America and destroyed all of Asgard with a smile on his face. Then for some reason they just made him turn to jelly the moment Sue came and Tony Stark had a brain tumor that became sentient and turned Reed's city against him. Shit was dumb.
The Ultimate crossover event generally are. They really are incapable of keeping stuff small scale. I mean Ultimatum and Ultimate Doom are literally ridiculous. I'm not sure how many, but a number of small genocides have occurred during Ultimate crossovers.

I just try and stick with UXM and USM. Ultimates Comic Ultimates or Avengers or wtvr the hell it is now is a bit all over the place. Cap'n America is an asshole too.