What's new

Anyone read any good comics recently?

EGGXI What do you think of the Earth One series? I have a sample of the Batman EO, not bad for 3 pages. . Im thinking about the Superman EO too.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Edigital23 I really liked Superman EO 1&2 but I can see why others would hate it. A lot of people said it was like an emo/twilight redesign of Superman but personally: that's bullshit.

Vol.1 is great and bringing a fresh view to the man of steel, it's not emo it just has a closer look and the main the about Superman, which is what do you do when you can do anything? Vol.2 is pretty fun too. Really liked Batman EO as well. Maybe I'm just a sucker for alternate stuff though.

Yeah. Batman EO shakes it up a bit. Same characters different story, but in the same context. I'll check all these out. Thanks guys.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
By all that's holy!I am the comics Nostradamus!
See Avengers Arena 9 today:
MASSIVE SPOILERS INBOUND:

Juston has been killed.The funny thing is that I actually PREDICTED he was gonna die the same way he did in this comics before the the first issue even came out.Just so you know I predicted Mettle would kill him by snapping his neck.In the comics Apex snnaped his neck.I'm a seer of the future!Only just a little while till my other bold predictions come true!

EGGXI

Scary Bat
By all that's holy!I am the comics Nostradamus!
Yeah but you predicted he would die by the hands of someone who died in the first issue. Your first mistake on the way to the Nostradamus level was that you were too precise, always keep it vague "And lo, there will be a snapping of necks and Juston will be laid low etc."

Although snapping the neck of a kid who you had already put through hell and partially paralyzed... oh Marvel, you so family-friendly!

CCVengeance

Yeah but you predicted he would die by the hands of someone who died in the first issue. Your first mistake on the way to the Nostradamus level was that you were too precise, always keep it vague "And lo, there will be a snapping of necks and Juston will be laid low etc."

Although snapping the neck of a kid who you had already put through hell and partially paralyzed... oh Marvel, you so family-friendly!
Oh be me of bold predictions:
-An Ant-Man will have babies with a pink-haired lady
-The Silver Son will arrive to the Uncannies help
-The Living Sun will die saving us all!

CCVengeance

Now to be serious my fav issues of the day where Avengers 11 and JLA 3.
Also Thor was amazing.I like the introduction of Thor's grandaugthers.Hopefully they survive to be use in a future arc(pun fucking intended).
Uncanny Avengers 8 was the first issue of the series I actually enjoyed.Sunfire,man!Sunfire!
AA9 I actually did not like.Apex's story felt force and what the hell are people doing shipping Nico/Cammi?
Favorite moments of the week:
Sunspot:"Of course we could fight,Cannonball?Show em."
Cannonball:*Opens his tux to reveal a part of his costume*"BOOM!"
And of course:
Sunfire:"Thank the Avengers for having the foresight to beg Sunfire to join!"

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Haven't read everything yet as I get comics quite late at night here and have work today, but sometimes... ugh a lot like Newspapers sometimes comics kill me because they make such painfully obvious mistakes that I can't believe they didn't spot. In JLA #3 (a great issue like you said) I got pissed off because there is a panel when they are fighting the robots and MMH is fighting the Superman Bot, but for some odd reason the colourist decides to colour MMH in Batman colours. He's clearly not the Batman robot, his head doesn't have the spikes. It looks weird as hell!

CCVengeance

Haven't read everything yet as I get comics quite late at night here and have work today, but sometimes... ugh a lot like Newspapers sometimes comics kill me because they make such painfully obvious mistakes that I can't believe they didn't spot. In JLA #3 (a great issue like you said) I got pissed off because there is a panel when they are fighting the robots and MMH is fighting the Superman Bot, but for some odd reason the colourist decides to colour MMH in Batman colours. He's clearly not the Batman robot, his head doesn't have the spikes. It looks weird as hell!
Oh yeah forgot to mention that.There were 3 mistakes I think.There's that one.Then when The JLA is in the meeting room MMH is,again miscolored.Also the Superman-bot had Regime Superman's red thigh thingies in some panles and in others he does not.

Anyone saw the Batgirl video? Anyone read The Killing Joke? Cause no joke, the book is in transit to my house today, and not too sure if the content in the video is a spoiler. Just that little info in the intro of that video was brand new info for me.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Oh yeah forgot to mention that.There were 3 mistakes I think.There's that one.Then when The JLA is in the meeting room MMH is,again miscolored.Also the Superman-bot had Regime Superman's red thigh thingies in some panles and in others he does not.
I was reading Uncanny X-Force last night and at one point evil Fantomex says "I'm always on step ahead"
Aren't there people whose job it is to perform basic spell check and shit?

Anyone saw the Batgirl video? Anyone read The Killing Joke? Cause no joke, the book is in transit to my house today, and not too sure if the content in the video is a spoiler. Just that little info in the intro of that video was brand new info for me.
Yeah, that's sort of spoilery. But the book. Oh that book. Read that book!

I just recently picked up the first animal man trade and thought it was pretty good. And demon knights is pretty good as well. Have not actually read the new swamp thing but might pick it up. Batman and batman inc have been pretty good so far but i am pretty behind in those as well. I dont read as much dc. As far as marvel goes hawkeye, uncanny x men, uncanny avengers, thor, and hulk are probably my top 5 out of what i have read.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Which Ant-Man are we talking about here? Cause Scott wouldn't do that since he already lost his wife and daughter and Hank already has a skrull-demon tiger-human baby.
Scott Lang and the new girl in FF whose name escapes me currently seems like a thing that is going to happen.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I just recently picked up the first animal man trade and thought it was pretty good. And demon knights is pretty good as well. Have not actually read the new swamp thing but might pick it up. Batman and batman inc have been pretty good so far but i am pretty behind in those as well. I dont read as much dc. As far as marvel goes hawkeye, uncanny x men, uncanny avengers, thor, and hulk are probably my top 5 out of what i have read.
Swamp Thing & Animal Man are both fantastic books, it's worth trying to read both as their crossover story 'Rot World' is fantastic and you sort of need to read both titles to get the full picture.

Yeah i started realizing that. Where i left off in animal man they were going to find swamp thing for help. I will probably pick it up next time. I have been trying to find more dc to get into anyway. Not been a fan of much of the new stuff other than the previously mentioned ones.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Yeah i started realizing that. Where i left off in animal man they were going to find swamp thing for help. I will probably pick it up next time. I have been trying to find more dc to get into anyway. Not been a fan of much of the new stuff other than the previously mentioned ones.
You tried Earth 2? God I love Earth 2. Have I mentioned how much I like Earth 2?

Reedoms

Noob
Scott Lang and the new girl in FF whose name escapes me currently seems like a thing that is going to happen.
That girl is Johnny's girlfriend (I think) and I don't expect Scott to be a dick like that after all the help the F4 has given him over the years.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
That girl is Johnny's girlfriend (I think) and I don't expect Scott to be a dick like that after all the help the F4 has given him over the years.
Yeah but girlfriends for Johnny are like a dime a dozen. I don't think he's overly invested in her, also didn't crazy future Torch come back and a big deal wasn't made about her (I want to say Alyssa but I'm probably thinking of Alicia). Basically from what I've read I can see it happening.

CCVengeance

Which Ant-Man are we talking about here? Cause Scott wouldn't do that since he already lost his wife and daughter and Hank already has a skrull-demon tiger-human baby.
Eric......No I mean Scott.Maybe it's my time as a manga shipper but the sexual tension between Scott/Darla is there.Also,transgender moloids FTW.
EDIT: Speaking about Hank.AOU goes to show just how f**king important he is to the Marvel U!Richards?Stark?Nah man.You remove Pym from the timeline and 616 is f**ked.